Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

So do we reckon the
    stabber was that young Davey lad that McKay was trying to help
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

mailforkev wrote: »
    So do we reckon the
    stabber was that young Davey lad that McKay was trying to help
    ?

Not at all sure....
    The killer would want to have a hell of a strong motive to think killing a Superintendent and stabbing another officer was a good idea.....he's looking at decades in prison if caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why the spoiler tags as episode aired

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why the spoiler tags as episode aired

Not everybody watches things going out live these days, in fact the opposite is increasingly true. Also, being in the UK and busy I have since September to catch up on but can't resist peeking in here :o

fr336 wrote: »
    Not everybody watches things going out live these days, in fact the opposite is increasingly true. Also, being in the UK and busy I have since September to catch up on but can't resist peeking in here :o

Didn't even watch it myself live, only watched it on the Player within the last hour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Nooo... Not McKay :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fr336 wrote: »

well you would want to be stupid to go onto a Red Rock thread after an episode, having not watched that episode, if you didnt want to find out what happened to be fair. Not you, but in general!!

There's a short interview with Richard Flood on the player. He says the plan was only ever to spend one year on Red Rock and then move on to pastures new, so they were thinking all along how he might exit the show.

He says though that the killing will open up a load of exciting new story lines for the show and that he found watching the episodes very emotional, even though he knew what was coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Okay I'll make a prediction - McKay's murder will make or break the programme. Hopefully make.

desbrook wrote: »
    Okay I'll make a prediction - McKay's murder will make or break the programme. Hopefully make.

It certainly would lead to a load of drama if it happened in real life. Even the very investigation into the murder should give us a lot of storylines, as we the viewers don't know who killed McKay or why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,300 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd rather see a new superintendent come on to the show to replace McKay than for one of the existing cast to be promoted to his old role, just think it will bring more variety to it having someone new.

I'd rather see a new superintendent come on to the show to replace McKay than for one of the existing cast to be promoted to his old role, just think it will bring more variety to it having someone new.

There's only one man for the job : Brian McGonigle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

everytime i give this programme a chance it just does my head in the whole "i'm a hennessy, hes a hennessy, shes a hennessy, hes a kiely, shes a kiely, im a kiely" waffle.... Its a decent acted programme, filmed well but i just cant stand this "family matriarch sh#te"!

In my primary school, there was me and a kid from Switzerland who werent related to everyone else in the class and most of the rest of the school.

There were 5 kielys, its now 4. There is 4 Hennesey's. Its hardly Roots is it?

Edit: and now there is one half Hennessey, half Kiely.

M

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's only one man for the job : Brian McGonigle :D

That would be some plot twist :D

That would be some plot twist :D

It would be epic :D

syklops wrote: »
    In my primary school, there was me and a kid from Switzerland who werent related to everyone else in the class and most of the rest of the school.

There were 5 kielys, its now 4. There is 4 Hennesey's. Its hardly Roots is it?

sorry, what????

sorry, what????

You said:
    everytime i give this programme a chance it just does my head in the whole "i'm a hennessy, hes a hennessy, shes a hennessy, hes a kiely, shes a kiely, im a kiely" waffle.... Its a decent acted programme, filmed well but i just cant stand this "family matriarch sh#te"!

I was pointing out there are 5 Kielys and 4 Henneseys. Its really not that difficult to keep track of, surely?

You said:

I was pointing out there are 5 Kielys and 4 Henneseys. Its really not that difficult to keep track of, surely?

i'm not on about the amount of them or the popularity of the name., i'm just saying the script is irritating in that both families act like they are the only two families in the town. Both seem utterly obsessed with one another.

i'm not on about the amount of them or the popularity of the name., i'm just saying the script is irritating in that both families act like they are the only two families in the town. Both seem utterly obsessed with one another.

Well you know why don't you?

Well you know why don't you?

thanks for the lesson. But I don't think you get my point! I am on about the construct of the dialogue wherein they refer to the other family name constantly. The Capulets and the Montagues this is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

The House of Love?
    The Big Bow Wow?
    The Dinner Party?
    The English Class?
    Even the All-Ireland Talent Show or the Republic of Telly?

;););););)

The Great Irish Bake Off ... cringe!

thanks for the lesson. But I don't think you get my point! I am on about the construct of the dialogue wherein they refer to the other family name constantly. The Capulets and the Montagues this is not.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You don't see me in the Fair City thread complaining about the construct of dialogue.

M

Deleted scene from tonights episode posted by Red Rock Twitter machine https://twitter.com/RedRockTV3...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-l-RvF7QI&feature=youtu.be

Interview with Richard Flood :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/i-always-knew-would-die-7093723#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$1

He says that as he lives in Italy with his wife and son, the plan was only ever to do one year as McKay and then quit for good but that none of the cast were ever aware of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Will paudge come clean now that Mckay is dead?

I think I read something to the effect that he does do, yes (lying at this stage would make things a million times worse for himself)

Strazdas wrote: »
    Interview with Richard Flood :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/i-always-knew-would-die-7093723#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$1

He says that as he lives in Italy with his wife and son, the plan was only ever to do one year as McKay and then quit for good but that none of the cast were ever aware of this.

Dick Flood......always unpredictable....you never know whether he is cumming or going!

Hard one to call. He could let on to Nikki that he's been a double agent all this time. Or even that he was a spy sent in by McKay originally. Nikki warned McKay about keeping above board and she suspected she wasn't getting the full truth.

Hard one to call. He could let on to Nikki that he's been a double agent all this time. Or even that he was a spy sent in by McKay originally. Nikki warned McKay about keeping above board and she suspected she wasn't getting the full truth.

Very risky to lie to investigators during a murder probe though. Paudge's involvement in an insurance fraud and being blackmailed by Beady are in the ha'penny place compared to what has just gone down. If all of this was uncovered and detectives realised he had lied to them and hindered the murder investigation just to save his own skin, he would be in massive trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Another head to head with FC tonight. Lets vote - who's watching which live ?

Advertisement