Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't watch anything live, but I'll be watching Red Rock at some stage tonight. I couldn't sit through an episode of Fair City because of how utterly, utterly terrible it is. :pac:

Last night's episode was great. I was shrieking "GET THE FECK AWAY FROM PAUDGE" when poor McKay was dying alone. So sad. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its on tonight?!?

Freaking brilliant!

Speaking spoilers. I was dipping into this thread after the episode, and had not seen it yet and decided to watch it on the TV3 player. I go to the TV3 player and on the frontpage it says:
    Expose: McKay dies in Red Rock

Shower of b*stards!

I wouldnt mind if it was a few days after the episode, but it was the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,301 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Didn't get to see it did away anything we didn't already know?

Catchup episode on again tomorrow at 5pm on 3e.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Red Rock Rocks! Sublime TV.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Well that was brilliant...well done ALL.

Kleenexarama here!!!

Mammy I'm done lying.

• Advertisement
    M

At least we know who did it, it's not a Who Shot JR gig. Now to get that fly out of my eye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Looks like Brians back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

Excellent episode and looks like we are in for a thrilling 2016!!

Red Rock put all the other soaps to shame in 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

moloner4 wrote: »
    Looks like Brians back :D

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

fr336 wrote: »
    Really?
    I can't post the link but in the trailer he's there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

https://twitter.com/GarethPhilips/status/682667306204409858

M

At 1.25 he's back alright, doesn't appear to be Garda uniform though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Court case perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

McGongiigal back for more action (pardon the pun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fr336 wrote: »

Just when you thought the show couldn't get any better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im in bits after the two episodes this week! 2016 is going to be better I think. I am still very sad about McKay leaving though.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Im in bits after the two episodes this week! 2016 is going to be better I think. I am still very sad about McKay leaving though.

He does say that he was only ever going to do one year on the show though and then quit for good, so it's not as if they let him slip through their fingers or mistakenly axed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Wonder is something going to happen between Sharon and west life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

When mackay was meeting with his now "
    killer
    ",in previous episodes he met with him once in a Mondeo car,presumably to be undercover,and other times in his Saab when he was killed.

I used to have one of those Saabs in the same colour as well. When I see it, I get jealous of him. I wonder if Claire might sell it to me now I wonder?

Yeah I am totally heartless:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

jimmyw wrote: »
    killer
    ",in previous episodes he met with him once in a Mondeo car,presumably to be undercover,and other times in his Saab when he was killed.

I used to have one of those Saabs in the same colour as well. When I see it, I get jealous of him. I wonder if Claire might sell it to me now I wonder?

She's a solicitor so will be equally heartless ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

Who was the woman in the interview room with Rory? Was she a nobody thrown into the clip to show his darker side or did i just not recognise her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just after catching up on this week now. So well done - absolutely brilliant. Got me right in the feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Rock just tweeted:

CXuv5-eWQAAcUzj.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

jimmyw wrote: »
    killer

I have same car.
    Some great television lately. Red Rock really is very good. My favourite character is Paudge.

M

I see Cathy Belton (Patricia Hennessy) does the VO for At Your Service on RTÉ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I see Cathy Belton (Patricia Hennessy) does the VO for At Your Service on RTÉ.
    And Rachel (who led poor Sgt. McGonigal astray) also features in Rebellion.

Bit dizzying the way the same smallish pool of actors keep appearing in Irish series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

McKay is the first ever Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the state. This should be huge news and draw massive attention from media, the Commissioner and Government. Would be on a par with Veronica Guerin murder. Will the script reflect this or will we just see a funeral with the main police characters and a few extras thrown in to make it look like there was a decent turnout. For realism it needs to be huge!

McKay is the first ever Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the state. This should be huge news and draw massive attention from media, the Commissioner and Government. Would be on a par with Veronica Guerin murder. Will the script reflect this or will we just see a funeral with the main police characters and a few extras thrown in to make it look like there was a decent turnout. For realism it needs to be huge!

Yes, I was thinking that myself. Not sure how they can get around that, maybe just allude to the idea it's attracting huge press attention without showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I was thinking that myself. Not sure how they can get around that, maybe just allude to the idea it's attracting huge press attention without showing it.
    It's telly. And it's a soap.

If that was the only inaccuracy about the programme, it'd be in flipping Oscar-winning territory!

I've had to suspend my disbelief about a lot of it, because it makes for very entertaining midweek viewing - but authentic it most certainly is not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Sorry I know this thread is about a fictional character but McKay is NOT the first Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the State.Supt John Curtain was murdered in Co.Tipperary in 1930.McKay may be the first fictional Super to be murdered on Irish TV. Sorry can't provide link as laptop playing up!

Advertisement