Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think Brian may be trying to manipulate Rachel into not testifying against him at his trial.

I agree, I think it was clear that night when he was sitting in his car and she rang him for the first time. When he saw it was her calling he just smirked and let it go to voicemail. He's not back for any relationship etc as he's pretending to her. He just wants her to refuse to testify against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Monife wrote:
    Probably to get her to lie in court.

God, I'm a tit! Of course, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Conor is a waste of space...

Fair play to the actor though, he's brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't know why they don't just put Conor full cold turkey Trainspotting style, get him cans of beans and lock him in his room until he's cured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I don't know why they don't just put Conor full cold turkey Trainspotting style, get him cans of beans and lock him in his room until he's cured.

Well they were kind of trying that but Tommy bottled it when he was trying to hold Conor down and went off to score some smack. Without having to deal with it myself I'd go with your tactic, but that doesnt make good TV for pre-watershed viewing. Its Red Rock, not Love/Hate.

I'd love for someone to do a cover of Dearg Doom by the Horselips called Carraige Dearg(Red Rock). I think it could become the theme for the US release of the series.

For anyone not familiar with Dearg Doom:

• Advertisement
    M

syklops wrote: »
    I'd love for someone to do a cover of Dearg Doom by the Horselips called Carraige Dearg(Red Rock). I think it could become the theme for the US release of the series.

For anyone not familiar with Dearg Doom:

Big Jack would love it I'm sure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Any more news on viewing figures this season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »
    Any more news on viewing figures this season ?

It seems to be doing okay. All we know is that in and Celebrity Big Brother were the two most watched programmes on TV3 in January (with CBB in first place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The room would have to be fumigated afterwards...............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

The was a slightly smug afticle in the papers after big McKay story ending saying the numbers were pretty poor. But judging by Twitter a lot of people didn't watch it until a few days afterwards.

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    The was a slightly smug afticle in the papers after big McKay story ending saying the numbers were pretty poor. But judging by Twitter a lot of people didn't watch it until a few days afterwards.

That's becoming more and more the way people watch TV. I notice in the UK programmes can add a couple of million viewers when timeshift views are added in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Good stuff between Liam Reid and McGonigle last night. McGonigle goaded him to his perfect advantage. Sharon will pay for giving that address out!

Sharon definitely overstepping the mark last night. Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the situation, handing over Garda info to a vigilante father was a stupid thing to do. If this was to get out, she will be in big trouble.

Good stuff between Liam Reid and McGonigle last night. McGonigle goaded him to his perfect advantage. Sharon will pay for giving that address out!

Oh, and Red Rock Season 1 went live on Amazon Prime a couple of days ago, spotted it last night. Hope it gets out to a wide audience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't yet seen this week's episodes (with is neither here nor there, now I think of it!)

But anyone watch Question of Sport this week?

Ryan Sidebottom = Conor Tyrrell?? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good episode tonight- can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That poor girl is going to lose her mind soon.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Quite realistic though. People in her situation often do back out from going to court for a variety of reasons. Even without McGonigle putting pressure on her, the thought of being in a court room and talking about all that stuff in front of strangers would be incredibly stressful for a girl her age. One wonders too if she would get any satisfaction if Brian did go to jail. It seems to be Nikki, Sharon and her father who are all geed up about getting justice for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Shes a great actress. She switches from a miserable gloomy teen to a happy smiley one in the blink of an eye. Shes got a very hard role to play but shes doing a great job.

Red Rock going to BBC shortly per Sunday Times - not known what station but another piece of good news for the show.

(only first part displays as need subscription)

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1672608.ece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Red Rock going to BBC shortly per Sunday Times - not known what station but another piece of good news for the show.

We have good taste on this thread it seems! ;)

That's huge news for the show. Must be BBC1 or BBC2 as BBC4 broadcasts nearly only documentaries and factual programmes plus music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

That's huge news for the show. Must be BBC1 or BBC2 as BBC4 broadcasts nearly only documentaries and factual programmes plus music.

Could go to BBC Three, online only or not, they still need content. Saying that daytime BBC is my guess, in the early afternoon slot. Probably BBC Two where they are currently showing an Aussie mini series.

Could be BBC4 - they show shows like Spiral (Engrenages) the French show so it might suit another "foreign" show!

Could be BBC4 - they show shows like Spiral (Engrenages) the French show so it might suit another "foreign" show!

I suppose you couldn't rule it out. They might view it as a "drama" series rather than a soap.

I'm starting to have second thoughts with this BBC deal - it's a deal with BBC Worldwide, the commercial branch of the BBC, who own channels such as BBC America. Due to this I wouldn't guarantee it would be shown on the BBC in the UK, perhaps just on BBC America and similar around the world. I'd love to be wrong as it'd be damn handy for me in the UK. I know it may sound silly for the BBC to show it around the world and not on its UK stations, but they commission very specifically in the UK whereas their worldwide company may need to fill the hours of such channels.

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm starting to have second thoughts with this BBC deal - it's a deal with BBC Worldwide, the commercial branch of the BBC, who own channels such as BBC America. Due to this I wouldn't guarantee it would be shown on the BBC in the UK, perhaps just on BBC America and similar around the world. I'd love to be wrong as it'd be damn handy for me in the UK. I know it may sound silly for the BBC to show it around the world and not on its UK stations, but they commission very specifically in the UK whereas their worldwide company may need to fill the hours of such channels.

Odd though that they would buy in a current TV series from outside the UK to broadcast on their international arm. Do they not have more than enough content that they produce themselves?

Odd though that they would buy in a current TV series from outside the UK to broadcast on their international arm. Do they not have more than enough content that they produce themselves?

I hope I'm wrong! It's not posh enough for BBC4, youth enough for BBC3, so that leaves BBC1 and BBC2. Perhaps BBC2 but as people have mentioned maybe daytime BBC1 is most likely? It can be a bit violent though can't it! Ah I'm stumped to be honest, if it is BBC1 or BBC2 that would be a big deal and major change to the look of the schedule imo, a big endorsement.

fr336 wrote: »
    I hope I'm wrong! It's not posh enough for BBC4, youth enough for BBC3, so that leaves BBC1 and BBC2. Perhaps BBC2 but as people have mentioned maybe daytime BBC1 is most likely? It can be a bit violent though can't it! Ah I'm stumped to be honest, if it is BBC1 or BBC2 that would be a big deal and major change to the look of the schedule imo, a big endorsement.

Yes, it's a bit of a puzzler that BBC Worldwide are buying in a current non-UK TV drama series. I guess it's a case of 'watch this space' :)

• Advertisement
    M

I spotted Paul Roe (Vincent Kiely) in Adam & Paul last night, he looks much younger.

Advertisement