Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I was one of the converted after a shaky start to the first series, but I have to say Red Rock has gone to the dogs lately.

Endlessly drawing out the McGonigle thing (which should have been left where it was), and all this rubbish with Sean and Kostas is becoming tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I was one of the converted after a shaky start to the first series, but I have to say Red Rock has gone to the dogs lately.

Endlessly drawing out the McGonigle thing (which should have been left where it was), and all this rubbish with Sean and Kostas is becoming tiresome.

I must say I was thinking it has lost its edge tonight alright. I don't think we saw Brian at all last night and then tonight's ending was really ho hum... I hope it's just a glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

happyday wrote: »
    I must say I was thinking it has lost its edge tonight alright. I don't think we saw Brian at all last night and then tonight's ending was really ho hum... I hope it's just a glitch.

I believe there is a lot of strong stuff coming soon so we're almost certainly just talking about a couple of quieter episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Strazdas wrote: »
    I believe there is a lot of strong stuff coming soon so we're almost certainly just talking about a couple of quieter episodes.

Yeah their 100th episode is next week, so they'll probably use that to kick off a new storyline or really up the ante in the current ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Will they ever end the McGonigle story. It's fierce boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

walshb wrote: »
    Will they ever end the McGonigle story. It's fierce boring!

It's a brilliant story and very well done, these things drag out like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think it is better to binge watch 4 or 5 episodes together. I got caught up on 3 weeks worth last night. I think it is great.
    If they had just left the Brian/Rachel story where it was then people would have been complaining why they didnt finish it off. I think the current direction is more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I like it too but it feels a bit dragged out lately. They need more content and some story lines to conclude while others develop. Lack of content at the minute. Episodes also seem shorter than other soaps.

I like it too but it feels a bit dragged out lately. They need more content and some story lines to conclude while others develop. Lack of content at the minute. Episodes also seem shorter than other soaps.

They've only had a couple of quiet episodes in the last week or so though. It's not as if the show has been dragging for months or something (and non stop high intensity for ages just wouldn't work).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

SarahBM wrote: »
    I think it is better to binge watch 4 or 5 episodes together. I got caught up on 3 weeks worth last night. I think it is great.

Living in the UK and on a bit of a rollercoaster life wise, I'm about to start watching series 2 :p

• Advertisement

Jeez, that Pete Kiely is insufferable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

walshb wrote: »
    Jeez, that Pete Kiely is insufferable!

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Who?

Vinnie or Keith he means

Who?

Keith. The son. Typo on my part. He's insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Keith's great craic. One of my favourite characters.

Keith's great craic. One of my favourite characters.

I find him way too forced. I suppose it's more the lines he is given.

Well he played the mediator well between his parents this week !! He was bang in the middle of them and asking all the questions ! I'd kill him if he was my son always hanging around . He does absolutely nothing all day! But he's a bit of a laugh lately with this carry on:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Well he played the mediator well between his parents this week !! He was bang in the middle of them and asking all the questions ! I'd kill him if he was my son always hanging around . He does absolutely nothing all day! But he's a bit of a laugh lately with this carry on:-)

Yep. I thought he was class this week.

It's not Brian that should be locked up! Your wan is some toerag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Watching the film Philomena the other night I noticed a few familiar RR faces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Catching up on the last 4 eps this morning. I am tired of the Rachel/Brian storyline now. Delighted Paudge was back. I missed him the couple of eps he wasnt in. Nicki is great. A real tough lady, but soft when she has to be.
    I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for our Vincent too. I love the relationship he has with Katie. They get each other. Katie will never accept Bridget, and probably shouldn't.
    I think I will miss about 3 wks while I am on hols, but it will be nice to catch up on it all when I get back. Which means I will be avoiding this thread for spoilers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Brian will be offed and many suspects will surface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Brian will be offed and many suspects will surface

I don't get your drift?

happyday wrote: »
    I don't get your drift?

'Offed' means 'killed'

Your wan, Cleere isn't the quickest of cats!

What's with Cleere's th buzz. The word it is ith and card is carth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

SarahBM wrote: »
    Catching up on the last 4 eps this morning. I am tired of the Rachel/Brian storyline now. Delighted Paudge was back. I missed him the couple of eps he wasnt in. Nicki is great. A real tough lady, but soft when she has to be.
    I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for our Vincent too. I love the relationship he has with Katie. They get each other. Katie will never accept Bridget, and probably shouldn't.
    I think I will miss about 3 wks while I am on hols, but it will be nice to catch up on it all when I get back. Which means I will be avoiding this thread for spoilers! :D

Vincent is the same sort of stereotypical Northsider Dad which Colm Meaney embodied in the Roddy Doyle movie. A bit rough around the edges but a great father who loves his kids. I think Vincent is very endearing. When he found out Katie was pregnant he got a real job and tried to stick to the straight and narrow.

Bridgit is the mirror image of him. Cold and slippery and ultimately the cause of Vincents loss of new career path.

I know some people said they are bored of the Brian storyline, but I think its really heating up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The McGonigle thing is so boring and repetitive; completely ruining the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The McGonigle thing is so boring and repetitive; completely ruining the series.

Yeah and I hate the way he has the one up on everyone, that wouldn't happen in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It's absolutely not boring imo. It has me on the edge of my seat! OMG! He's going to blackmail Angela now isn't he??! That Rachel one, is a right little wench!
    I'm lacking empathy for Brigit. She has the same monotone voice and tone no matter who she's speaking to. 'Cold and slippery' is right. Vincent deserves better. He also reminds me a little of Coln Meaney.

Advertisement