Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Monife wrote: »
    Yeah and I hate the way he has the one up on everyone, that wouldn't happen in real life.

I disagree. I don't think he has the one up on anyone at all, he is just a desperate man making various plays. It's very easy to throw accusations around and in real life they always hold water at least at the beginning!

As for boring and repetitive - it's mirroring real life to a tee. He has been caught, and the trial is upcoming - according to the last episode it is 3 weeks away. So during this period he is going to be trying everything he can.

I thought it was one of the best episodes in the last year - Angela and her family are going to pay dearly for getting involved in drug dealing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

I HATE McGonigle, I shout at the screen every time he appears with this stupid smug face. To me a character that elicits that much emotion is surely successful. Don't think I've felt that strongly about a character since Joffrey in Game of Thrones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Yeah and I hate the way he has the one up on everyone, that wouldn't happen in real life.

Exactly, he just pulls his hood up and magically appears at the scene where Conor and his father are buying their drugs. Imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Love the show but I just realised ,where has the detective guy gone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Exactly, he just pulls his hood up and magically appears at the scene where Conor and his father are buying their drugs. Imagine that.

I'm imaging it. A former cop knows very well where the local small time drug dealers hang out and, knowing that Conor is a junkie, and will need his fix on a regular basis, keeps an eye on him until the deal is made. Quite reasonable I think!

Remember, it's a 20 minute show. It's not like McGonigle heard about Conor and spotted him an hour later. This could be over a period of days. Any cop worth their salt would tie down Conor quite quickly.

Though I would have had my camera out!
    Love the show but I just realised ,where has the detective guy gone ?

Rory? He's back - questioning McGonigle in last episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's a brilliant twist nonetheless. Angela threatened him last night but now he's in a position to blackmail her into backing off.

And his bloody smarmy smirk 😡😡

There used to be be more variety in story lines each episode .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Just don't get how they will believe Brian so easy over Sharon considering his past form.

Too convenient, I reckon they didn't realise how good he would end up being and they wrote him back in but it's all a bit convenient.

Still he's a great character.

That Brian is a right *&^%$£"!&^%$£...:D He is the JR Ewing of Red Rock
    I am showing me age now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is the penny finally dropping for Brian? That Rachel is a fooking head wrecker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Can somebody repeatedly punch Rachel in the head please. Most annoying character EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nicki is going to have someone's eye out one of these days :)

Nicki is going to have someone's eye out one of these days :)

She's a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Just don't get how they will believe Brian so easy over Sharon considering his past form.

Too convenient, I reckon they didn't realise how good he would end up being and they wrote him back in but it's all a bit convenient.

Still he's a great character.

I dont think anyone believes Brian over Sharon, its just they have no proof of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

McGonigle is one evil b@stard. I feel like murdering him myself :):)

This is ****ing ridiculous ! Would Paudge , Sharon , Nikki , coffee shop owner man, SOMEONE !!!! not put Brian's apartment under surveillance ???? FFS the amount of times Rachel has been over at his place this week !!! It's a joke ! Surely that's the most obvious solution ???

This is becoming as ridiculous as Fair City !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

This is ****ing ridiculous ! Would Paudge , Sharon , Nikki , coffee shop owner man, SOMEONE !!!! not put Brian's apartment under surveillance ???? FFS the amount of times Charlotte (is that her name?) has been over at his place this week !!! It's a joke ! Surely that's the most obvious solution ???

I know! Hope they do it now that Tommy's spilt the beans over her still seeing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I hate that fall on guy more than brian, he's so slimey he makes me cringe

This is ****ing ridiculous ! Would Paudge , Sharon , Nikki , coffee shop owner man, SOMEONE !!!! not put Brian's apartment under surveillance ???? FFS the amount of times Rachel has been over at his place this week !!! It's a joke ! Surely that's the most obvious solution ???

This is becoming as ridiculous as Fair City !!!

She swans in and out like his long time GF.

As for Paudge. The guy is a comedy character. How many more times does he need to attempt to cone the heavy with Brian before he realizes he's s windbag?

This is ****ing ridiculous ! Would Paudge , Sharon , Nikki , coffee shop owner man, SOMEONE !!!! not put Brian's apartment under surveillance ???? FFS the amount of times Charlotte (is that her name?) has been over at his place this week !!! It's a joke ! Surely that's the most obvious solution ???
    Ann22 wrote: »
    I know! Hope they do it now that Tommy's spilt the beans over her still seeing him.

People, people, people. Can we try to get the names right?

Evil guard, sleeping with messed up teenager teenager - Brian McGonagle
    Messed up teenager - Rachel Reid
    Heroin addict son of female garda sergeant - Connor Tyrell
    Husband of female garda sergeant - Tommy Tyrell

Also, anyone see Red Rocks tweet this morning:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

syklops wrote: »
    People, people, people. Can we try to get the names right?

Evil guard, sleeping with messed up teenager teenager - Brian McGonagle
    Messed up teenager - Rachel Reid
    Heroin addict son of female garda sergeant - Connor Tyrell
    Husband of female garda sergeant - Tommy Tyrell

Also, anyone see Red Rocks tweet this morning:

saw that tweet, cant believe the amount of people that fell for it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

In fairness, I can understand Brian's infatuation with Rachel. She's very pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Canadel wrote: »
    In fairness, I can understand Brian's infatuation with Rachel. She's very pretty.

He's not infatuated with her, he just doesn't want to go to prison. He wants to get back with the wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Red Rock has descended into absolute mush.

He's not infatuated with her, he just doesn't want to go to prison. He wants to get back with the wife.
    Sorry, I'm infatuated with her.

Deathwish4 wrote: »

Disagree, I'm enjoying the current storyline a lot.

What does he need a fake passport for though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Strazdas wrote: »
    What does he need a fake passport for though?

To leave the country if he is convicted while he is appealing.

Deathwish4 wrote: »

Completely disagree. I'm loving it at the minute.
    Sorry, I'm infatuated with her.

I prefer Sharon.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I prefer Sharon.
    I record Red Rock and fast forward through episodes to the Rachel scenes.

Advertisement