Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

syklops wrote:
    Evil guard, sleeping with messed up teenager teenager - Brian McGonagle Messed up teenager - Rachel Reid Heroin addict son of female garda sergeant - Connor Tyrell Husband of female garda sergeant - Tommy Tyrell

Hahahaha!!! Wtf?! I noticed the 'Charlotte/Rachel' error but was too polite to comment on it ðŸ˜႒....then I proceeded to call Conor 'Tommy'!!!...like an eejit..However he does look like a 'Tommy' I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

pad e wrote: »

Bloody brilliant news. I honestly thought it'd be going to BBC Worldwide and be shown on every place but the actual UK BBC! Hooray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

BBC could have actually used this well with BBC3 (now only online). They could have had a 'first run' on BBC3 the night before.

This was the rumoured plan for Neighbours many years ago but then they lost the show to Channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Delta2113 wrote: »
    BBC could have actually used this well with BBC3 (now only online). They could have had a 'first run' on BBC3 the night before.

This was the rumoured plan for Neighbours many years ago but then they lost the show to Channel 5.

I did think of Neighbours when I heard this news. 'Foreign' soap on BBC1 daytime during the week. Will be interesting to see the audience reception in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I'm not sure daytime is the right fit for this. I would be afraid that some of the tone and content would have to be edited out to fit the time slot thus losing its unique feel.

Still Red Rock being shown in the UK is a great thing and can only be positive for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I wonder how the use of 'bad' language will go down with the Great British people? In Corrie or EE, something unspeakably awful happens, and the worst you will hear is 'Flippin' Eck'. The language in Red Rock can be a bit less polite....

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

And people these days are so sensitive to even the slightest thing and seem to have Ofcom on speed dial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Oooooooh. Tomorrow is going to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Really want to give Tattoo man a high 5, especially with the stuff he told Paudge about Sharon getting the life beat out of her by Brian and bragging about it.

Hopefully Paudge can twist his arm to make a statement on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

About time that somebody slapped that evil tramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Rachel is one evil cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The forced hostility between Paude and 'Westlife' is ridiculous..

And wtf is anyone bothering with Rachel? She's dangerous!

How dumb is McGonigle?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't believe he:
    1) Brought his two phones home with him
    2) Actually has Rachel in his phone as 'Rachel'

That was mad exciting!!! Yeah McGonigle is stupid for having 'Rachel' on his phone....and how stupid is Rachel's sister about to let her out without hearing Liam ' s reasons for locking her in?!.. what was it she said before?...' Maybe he does love her'????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I really don't want paudge to mess things up. Was hoping connors mother would come clean.
    That rachel is a dose I was hoping she would see him with the wife.

Get in Conor!!
    I used to think he was a waste of space but that changed last night when he called to Brian's, a great scene.

Ann22 wrote: »
    That was mad exciting!!! Yeah McGonigle is stupid for having 'Rachel' on his phone....and how stupid is Rachel's sister about to let her out without hearing Liam ' s reasons for locking her in?!.. what was it she said before?...' Maybe he does love her'????

He deleting call history of Rachel on phone whilst outside his house.
    A madman

STIG83 wrote: »
    Really want to give Tattoo man a high 5, especially with the stuff he told Paudge about Sharon getting the life beat out of her by Brian and bragging about it.

Hopefully Paudge can twist his arm to make a statement on this.

Paudge went one better, slipping a note in your man's wallet with Brian's address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Paudge went one better, slipping a note in your man's wallet with Brian's address.

Not the best of ideas though. If that was traced back to him (which could easily happen), he'd be in huge trouble.

He deleting call history of Rachel on phone whilst outside his house.
    A madman

I have to say the episode was a bit silly. He's supposed to be this maniuplative and deceitful and resourceful dude, yet he has two phones on him whilst in his wife's company that rings every time he's with her. He's then banging the door down to bet back in, and the dorr opens and he takes a step back....:confused: And, he was gently shoved out the door by a smaller woman and you'd swear a bouncer had ejected him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Anyone know what times and channels the repeats are on at??

Strazdas wrote: »
    Not the best of ideas though. If that was traced back to him (which could easily happen), he'd be in huge trouble.

Didn't Sharon leave a book near Liam to get Brian's address and nothing said to her after Nikki gave her a bollocking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kala85 wrote: »
    Anyone know what times and channels the repeats are on at??

TV3 Sunday at 12 noon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Didn't Sharon leave a book near Liam to get Brian's address and nothing said to her after Nikki gave her a bollocking

She got off very lightly there. I imagine Gardai passing on info to members of the general public would be treated very seriously in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

walshb wrote: »
    I have to say the episode was a bit silly. He's supposed to be this maniuplative and deceitful and resourceful dude, yet he has two phones on him whilst in his wife's company that rings every time he's with her. .

I think thats a bit unfair.

He has two phones on him, well of course he does. No doubt a burner with no trace to him so the prosecution won't be able to find out he is still ringing and texting Rachel. He still needs her for the trial so dumping it before he moved home wouldn't have been wise.

The phone didnt ring, it vibrated. No-one noticed until he was hugging his daughter and she mentioned it because she could feel it.
    He's then banging the door down to bet back in, and the dorr opens and he takes a step back....:confused: And, he was gently shoved out the door by a smaller woman and you'd swear a bouncer had ejected him

What were you expecting him to do?!? Judo wrestle the wife to the floor? He's trying to convince her he's innocent, that wouldnt really achieve that would it? If anything he was banging at the door from frustration because he got so close to everything being grand family wise only for the tables to turn on him at the last minute.

As for all the people saying he was stupid to have Rachels name in the other phone, that was clearly a plot device. If it was just a number on the phone viewers would be asking whose number is it. It was having two phones, the second he hadnt mentioned to his wife, and then his initial reluctance to show it to her which cooked his goose.

I know it wasn't the fact that he stored her number under her real name that 'cooked his goose'...its just that by not disguising her number, he was risking having it cooked a whole lot quicker 😀.

At least the Sarge has Rachel sussed for the cnut she is.

• Advertisement

Am I wrong, but how on earth is this case even going to court when the 'victim' is completely hostile?

Advertisement