Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Nikki is such an irritating character.
    That was a bit of a let down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nikki is such an irritating character.
    That was a bit of a let down

And on it goes. If only the Gardai put such passion and effort into catching real criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Thirty minutes of nothingness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know it wasn't the fact that he stored her number under her real name that 'cooked his goose'...its just that by not disguising her number, he was risking having it cooked a whole lot quicker 😀.

To be fair, her name being in the phone wasn't Brian being dumb it was a plot device. If there had just been a number in the phone this thread would have been filled with people asking "Whose number was it?"

Disappointing episode. I was on the edge of my seat all through it and then nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

syklops wrote: »
    To be fair, her name being in the phone wasn't Brian being dumb it was a plot device. If there had just been a number in the phone this thread would have been filled with people asking "Whose number was it?"

Disappointing episode. I was on the edge of my seat all through it and then nothing.

I suspect Brian is dead and we are going to get a flashback episode at some point to show how he died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

gazzer wrote: »
    I suspect Brian is dead and we are going to get a flashback episode at some point to show how he died

Or else we think he is dead and the the showrunners bring him back next year to drag the plot out more!!

gazzer wrote: »

What him getting out of the shower then slipping and falling? :pac:

I doubt it to be honest. Either yer man Moran picked him up and Brian is in a basement somewhere with some very sore ribs, or after the wife turfed him out he realised he chances of getting off in court were suddenly a lot slimmer so he took his fake passport and boarded a ferry somewhere.

obviously going to be a Whodunnit (murder ) story with 6 or 7 suspects.

Another episode where basically nothing happened.

Vincent's lucky boots are more enthralling than this McGonigle rubbish.

This McGonigle stuff is never going to end ever is it.............................................................................. Its so anticlimatic at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Starting to turn into EastEnders, dragging the arse out of every big story....snore...

This McGonigle stuff is never going to end ever is it.............................................................................. Its so anticlimatic at this stage.

It's very unrealistic IMO. Have I missed something? Why are the Gardai acting like he's jack the ripper. They are hell bent on getting him. Surely it's not just for the Rachel Reid issue, which is a sham. She's a scourge, and the most hostile witness ever. As Brian's missus described her on Wednesday, a conniving little bi%Ch!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    It's very unrealistic IMO. Have I missed something? Why are the Gardai acting like he's jack the ripper. They are hell bent on getting him. Surely it's not just for the Rachel Reid issue, which is a sham. She's a scourge, and the most hostile witness ever. As Brian's missus described her on Wednesday, a conniving little bi%Ch!.

I don't understand either why Rachel's father and sister are so hell bent on getting the case to court rather than on rebuilding their relationship with her. Even if Brian was to technically "get away with it", he's already ruined by the whole thing.

On the other hand, I've enjoyed these episodes....there's a lot of suspense in trying to guess what has happened to him or where he is.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't understand either why Rachel's father and sister are so hell bent on getting the case to court rather than on rebuilding their relationship with her. Even if Brian was to technically "get away with it", he's already ruined by the whole thing.

On the other hand, I've enjoyed these episodes....there's a lot of suspense in trying to guess what has happened to him or where he is.

Spot on.

walshb wrote: »

Well his harassment of Sharon for a start. Getting her suspended when everyone knows she is innocent. Breaking into her house and trying to frame her. All the guards know they were manipulated by Brian when Sharon originally pointed the finger at him, so understandably they want to get him. Plus it would look really bad for them if they arent seen to be doing everything they can to track him down.

syklops wrote: »
    Well his harassment of Sharon for a start. Getting her suspended when everyone knows she is innocent. Breaking into her house and trying to frame her. All the guards know they were manipulated by Brian when Sharon originally pointed the finger at him, so understandably they want to get him. Plus it would look really bad for them if they arent seen to be doing everything they can to track him down.

I was thinking of the Sharon angle, because the Reid angle makes no sense at all, crime committed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

I always had a thing for Niamh but the last few episodes, sweet devine. What a belter! Lucky Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I feel sorry for Niamh.. I know she is much older than Rachel but the way the father is acting he only has one daughter.. its all about Rachel.

gubby wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Niamh.. I know she is much older than Rachel but the way the father is acting he only has one daughter.. its all about Rachel.

I don't think he's a good father at all to be honest. He seems to be a hothead with a temper on him and he makes a lot of crass mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Aw the poor man's demented. He's trying his best to protect her. I can imagine how angry he must be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

walshb wrote:
    She's a scourge, and the most hostile witness ever. As Brian's missus described her on Wednesday, a conniving little bi%Ch!.

That's just what she is. She knew well what she was doing imo.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think he's a good father at all to be honest. He seems to be a hothead with a temper on him and he makes a lot of crass mistakes.

I think Liam has the patience of a saint. I think the only crass mistake he made was not locking Rachel up much sooner.

This is all over the place now.

Two more atrocious episodes until a far too heavy handed ending. And even in death we couldn't get that smug grin off Brian's chops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

McGonigle/the actor and one of the best storylines of recent soap times. Portrayed villain, human and good cop since its inception and I am sad to see him go. Having said that, the timing was right and the baddie had to go.

And for those that don't like Brian's smug grin....that's what made it for me. Soap villian RIP.

Now...who did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's a shame his Adam's Apple moved at the end there and him supposed to be dead.

Hat's off to McGonigle/the actor and one of the best storylines of recent soap times. Portrayed villain, human and good cop since its inception and I am sad to see him go. Having said that, the timing was right and the baddie had to go.

And for those that don't like Brian's smug grin....that's what made it for me. Soap villian RIP.

Now...who did it?

Has Sharon murdered him? Looks like she expected her own face to show up on the CCTV footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hat's off to McGonigle/the actor and one of the best storylines of recent soap times. Portrayed villain, human and good cop since its inception and I am sad to see him go. Having said that, the timing was right and the baddie had to go.

Now...who did it?

I think it may have been Tommy - the doc said he has bruising on his ribs that she suspected were there a few days - Angela didn't know anything about it, maybe he had a fight with Brian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

maybe we should be using spoilers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

maybe we should be using spoilers...

Don't know if you mean that for my comment - but if so, its not a spoiler, its only my guess

• Advertisement

Maybe he's not dead, and they can drag another few weeks out of his character and story?

Advertisement