Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe he's not dead, and they can drag another few weeks out of his character and story?

They've been setting up the whodunnit storyline for months now so I wouldn't put it past them to ressurect the 'star' from the dead.

Anybody know how Vincent Kiely is keeping these times? Haven't seen him in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

messrs wrote: »
    Don't know if you mean that for my comment - but if so, its not a spoiler, its only my guess

no, a few comments including my own (I went back and put spoiler tags on afterwards). Was just thinking of people that maybe wait for the omnibus. But they shouldn't be reading on here anyway if that's the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

no, a few comments including my own (I went back and put spoiler tags on afterwards). Was just thinking of people that maybe wait for the omnibus. But they shouldn't be reading on here anyway if that's the case!

Well I would come in here if I hadn't watched the show just cause I want to know what happened!!, but Im sure some don't want to know in advance. And they were advising on Twitter to say of it if you don't watch it live as they said it would be ruined if you didn't want to know!! Wish there was somewhere to get spoilers tho, as I have no patience and want to know in advance whats happening!!! My only tiny bit of spoiler is when I buy TV Now a week in advance and read a few lines on what will happen the following week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As soon as anything has aired it's fair game for discussion - if someone waits to watch the omnibus, then the onus is on them to avoid the thread if they don't want to know what happened. It's the way it's always worked on any of the TV forums on boards, mainly because spoiler tags are really annoying for most people, especially if you're reading on your phone, and they look messy when the pages are just littered with them. Fair enough when it's an actual spoiler for something that has yet to air for the first time, but when spoiler tags are used to discuss something that's already happened it's just a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »
    Has Sharon murdered him? Looks like she expected her own face to show up on the CCTV footage.

It'd hardly be Sharon would it? Although why did she delete the picture?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Maybe she just went looking for him at the flat that night but he wasn't there but she doesn't want to be caught on cctv going down his road - all very suss though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Far too obvious, I think she is involved somehow though.
    I guess its between

Sharon (very very unlikely but she will have been involved in some altercation between the two of them (hence the suspicious deleting of CCTV files last night) which isnt the actual cause of his death however but evidence will arise which will implicates her and she will be automatically blamed and perhaps taken into custody)

Any of Rachels family

Any of the McGonigle family

Tommy (personally I think its him, he looked very stressed after the errand for Conor and the bruises etc seem very suspicious but they are being quite subtle about it, kind of convincing the viewers he was involved in an altercation with drug dealers)

Podge (my long shot pick after Tommy)

If its anyone else Id be a bit disappointed.

I guess they will use flashback format.

Hopefully the "Reveal" wont be dragged out any further than the season finale which is? (anyone know?)

Finale Might be later than June this year I would guess if they have more episodes than last season (do they??).

If so The Euros will also have an impact on its broadcasting as TV3 have the rights for 22 games which commence on 11th June, most of which will be on the 7.45 kick off time. So Red Rock will be sidelined if any of those games clash, naturally. I cant see them transferring the episodes to 3E as they wouldn'rt want two of their biggest advertising revenue earners for that period clashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It certainly seems like she was searching through the CCTV footage looking for images of herself so that she could delete them : she definitely didn't look surprised when her face appeared on screen.

It's a really clever twist as we don't actually know what connects Sharon to Brian on the day he went missing. It seems a bit convenient too that something showed up in Brian's flat which cleared her name with the Gardai.

It certainly seems like she was searching through the CCTV footage looking for images of herself so that she could delete them : she definitely didn't look surprised when her face appeared on screen.

It's a really clever twist as we don't actually know what connects Sharon to Brian on the day he went missing. It seems a bit convenient too that something showed up in Brian's flat which cleared her name with the Gardai.

it seems more convenient or simplistic that it would be her, especially to the preying eye that she would be the obvious choice, but soap logic tends to steer from the obvious (unless its fair city which is as subtle as Jose Morinho is modest!)

All that showed up was a thing for picking locks, and that's what they cleared her on ( I know we know she didn't do it) but don't know why she was cleared on that basis - def something suss going on with her

• Advertisement

All that showed up was a thing for picking locks, and that's what they cleared her on ( I know we know she didn't do it) but don't know why she was cleared on that basis - def something suss going on with her

I wonder if she was in McGonigle's flat and planted it there? It all seems rather convenient.

I wonder if she was in McGonigle's flat and planted it there? It all seems rather convenient.

Ye very possible, then they find it and clear her - didn't think of that!!

Ye very possible, then they find it and clear her - didn't think of that!!

Indeed, and there's also the question of her searching for her image on CCTV and deleting it. What has she got to hide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

She might have very little do with what's happened to him, I wasn't expecting that thought he do a runner, someone else could have done something to him so tis still a mystery but it's very well played out. Be interesting how the storyline all pan out.

doovdela wrote: »
    She might have very little do with what's happened to him, I wasn't expecting that thought he do a runner, someone else could have done something to him so tis still a mystery but it's very well played out. Be interesting how the storyline all pan out.

There are a lot of potential suspects in the frame : Sharon, Paudge, Brian's wife, Rachel, Rachel's dad, Angela or her husband or even Connor.....Brian had clashed with them all recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There are a lot of potential suspects in the frame : Sharon, Paudge, Brian's wife, Rachel, Rachel's dad, Angela or her husband or even Connor.....Brian had clashed with them all recently.

& that thug guy that was given Brians address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah here now.....

I know it's a small-budget soap and all, but tonight just stretched all credulity....

Nicky to interview Sharon? A guard on her own unit? Really?

Angie sent to break the news to the wife? And what ever happened to going to do a job like that in plain clothes (wasn't there a big deal made of that very early on in the programme?)

Sean straight across the road to tell one of the possible suspects all the latest news.

And Paudge 'fessing straight up to Sharon about the address, not his smartest move ever (plus dragging her into it, as if she wasn't in enough trouble as it was).

"PING" went my imagination.

I'll still be tuning in tomorrow to find out what's next, mind you :D

Interesting now Paudge and the fella he gave address to are likely suspects. I am just thinking could the daughter be capable?

doovdela wrote: »
    Interesting now Paudge and the fella he gave address to are likely suspects. I am just thinking could the daughter be capable?

Do you mean Rachel? She would be a strong possibility given she was in a relationship with him.

• Advertisement

There's a story there with Nicky and that new Super...he clearly doesn't like her even though he is pretending he has every faith in her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hope we find out who killed him before it has the summer break.

god that was the worst "acting" i have ever seen by that guy complaining about his neighbours!! Was the character meant to be coming down off drugs or something???

hmmmm. edit: maybe is. Still awful scene!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

These interview scenes are cringe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

walshb wrote: »
    These interview scenes are cringe!
    The whole thing is turning a bit cringe tbh.... may have to give up on it soon if it doesn't improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I'll stick with it until this McGonigle stuffs plays itself out, but it's becoming hard work. It really has taken a total nosedive in terms of quality this series.

Do you mean Rachel? She would be a strong possibility given she was in a relationship with him.

Rachael is possible but I am talking about Brian's daughter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They seem to be pointing us towards Conor and his father. Let it not be Rachel. Couldn't stomach more scenes with her in it. She is a horrible character!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That Rory lad is more smug then Brian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The whole thing is turning a bit cringe tbh.... may have to give up on it soon if it doesn't improve.
    I'll stick with it until this McGonigle stuffs plays itself out, but it's becoming hard work. It really has taken a total nosedive in terms of quality this series.

Still better than Fair City... surely? :o;)

Advertisement