Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

2la7cm0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still better than Fair City... surely? :o;)
    Ah now! :rolleyes:

(I wouldn't know, I never ever ever watch soaps - apart from RR!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

That Rory lad is more smug then Brian

Very irritating character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hopefully won't drag out too long to find out who did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

doovdela wrote: »
    Hopefully won't drag out too long to find out who did it.

Dont hold your breath. Its not really the fact that its being dragged out, the timeline hasnt been over rushed but there is just too much of it at the moment, day after day.
    They should at least support the story with another decent big plot as weeks on weeks of the same plot just turns viewers frustrated and bored (as seems to be the growing sentiment at the moment) It may as well have been called The McGonigle Show.
    I know they dont have the cast numbers at present but surely the increasing revenue they are getting should be used to assemble more cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well quite.

I wonder how the baby's getting on, he'll be in school by the time we get an update at this rate!

Not to mention Michael, languishing in prison, poor fella.... surely he must be due a visit soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I think it was Brian's daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Nicky and ypur man the detective wreck my head
    I've no guess on who killed slimey brian don't really care either. Think we need a new story line.

I miss the other actors and storylines - so much that I have forgotten all their names!! But Katie and her baby and her knacker family and the posh family with the deceased sergeants wife who is pregnant, and her scheming rich bitch mother, and her brother in Jail etc etc etc ! Where are they all gone?

Lately there is just one story line and I am now officially fed up with Red Rock and who killed Brian McGonigle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I miss the other actors and storylines - so much that I have forgotten all their names!! But Katie and her baby and her knacker family and the posh family with the deceased sergeants wife who is pregnant, and her scheming rich bitch mother, and her brother in Jail etc etc etc ! Where are they all gone?

Lately there is just one story line and I am now officially fed up with Red Rock and who killed Brian McGonigle?

This is the ametuer side coming out of tv3 alright.

Doing one half great the other half poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think it was Brian's daughter!

I don't think so myself. It sounds like someone drove Brian's body to the coast and dumped his body in the sea : the daughter wouldn't be able to do any of that alone.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think so myself. It sounds like someone drove Brian's body to the coast and dumped his body in the sea : the daughter wouldn't be able to do any of that alone.

That aspect will be forgotten about though in 2 years time when the reveal finally happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Nicky and ypur man the detective wreck my head
    I've no guess on who killed slimey brian don't really care either. Think we need a new story line.

Nikki is really annoying me. Adijan gets attacked by a knife wielding maniac at his desk and she acts like he has been picking fights outside a nightclub.

What has Westlife got against the detective? He is a smug git, but westlife was being hostile to him before this investigation.

While I agree on the story diversity or lack thereof, remember there are only 2 episodes a week, with 6 days between episodes. Maybe more storylines would make it more crowded and storylines couldnt progress as quickly meaning they are disjounted and seem even slower than it is currently. It really would benefit from an additional episode a week. A Monday / Wednesday / Friday schedule has been proven to work well before for other soaps. Also I think they have to go back to Podge being the source of humour in the show. Podge arriving into the station with a grin on his face because he just won a fiver on a scratch card would break up the tension a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya they seem to have not had much of the feuding families in this series since the whole Brian storyline has escalated. Is the series coming to an end in June or September? I can't see it developing the characters any more after Brian leaving but suppose there are a few for a short series next season otherwise it's to continue the Brian storyline with the person who did it.

doovdela wrote: »
    Is the series coming to an end in June or September? I can't see it developing the characters any more after Brian leaving but suppose there are a few for a short series next season otherwise it's to continue the Brian storyline with the person who did it.

Concidering its been bought by Amazon and the BBC no I don't think its coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

syklops wrote: »
    Concidering its been bought by Amazon and the BBC no I don't think its coming to an end.

I think they meant when is series 2 coming to an end.

I was watching love hate last night, spotted nicky was warrens teacher.... I think

fr336 wrote: »
    I think they meant when is series 2 coming to an end.

Oh ok. Yeah June I reckon. No point in bringing it to a close in September when people are back into their normal routines and want to watch the soaps.

I was watching love hate last night, spotted nicky was warrens teacher.... I think

Who is Warren ??

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

Who is Warren ??
    Warren with the nits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Been away for a few weeks and sick too, so I just got caught up. I missed 2 episodes back in April, (the 6th and 7th I think.) and I think I missed something major. Can anyone fill me in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

SarahBM wrote: »
    Been away for a few weeks and sick too, so I just got caught up. I missed 2 episodes back in April, (the 6th and 7th I think.) and I think I missed something major. Can anyone fill me in?

Cant remember back that far!! can tell us what happened in the ones just before & after those dates & we will try to fill you in

have you tried TV3 player? the generally stay up there for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Was that the week that Kielys organised the hitman who took out the whole Hennessy family? It sure was tough viewing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

What on earth's going on with Sharon??? Why was she crying? Surely she should be relieved - unless she was the one who killed him and is suffering pangs of guilt now.

And does anyone else think that Westlife might feel a bit more than friendship for Adrijan???

As much as I disliked brian it's very boring without him.

The silence on this thread says a lot about the show at the moment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

'Spit on the bastard's grave for me'.

Classic line from Tommy. Just about the highlight of this long-winded fiasco of a storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

April 7th was the episode where Brian's wife discovers he was still seeing Rachel and then kicks him out of the family home forever : it was very dramatic.

Ehhhh....3 player ??

• Advertisement

Charleygal wrote: »
    What on earth's going on with Sharon??? Why was she crying? Surely she should be relieved - unless she was the one who killed him and is suffering pangs of guilt now.

I honestly dont think Sharon was involved in Brians death. She was crying because its a sh!tty emotional wreck of a situation. If a guy who had tormented me for ages was being buried I'd probably shed a few tears myself - out of relief.
    And does anyone else think that Westlife might feel a bit more than friendship for Adrijan???

Ach I dont think so. Tbh honest I dont understand why Adrijan has to leave for Croatia on the same evening he is let go from the Guards. The sort of convenience that never happens in real life. No going away party? No last drinks with friends?
    "Do you need a lift to the airport?" "No, im fine"

What? Are you just going to abandon your car at the airport?

People were complaining about RR being slow, well they dealt with Adrijans resignation from the Guards and emmigration back to Croatia in about a week. Thats pretty fast.

Advertisement