Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

I'm still think Rachel killed Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sound Bite wrote: »
    I'm still think Rachel killed Brian.

I would have thought so myself but wasn't there talk that someone had driven Brian's body to the coast and dumped his body in the sea? That would surely rule her out (unless she had assistance from Connor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The McGonigle investigation and interviews are as dull as dishwater. More suspense in an over 70s game of golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think Rory did it.

When is Mother Theresa getting pulled in for questioning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Oh my God I'm beyond annoyed! Why leave it there!

I reckon we'll definitely have a flashback as the opening episode of series 3 seeing as we could hear McGonigle saying: "you're going to regret this" That could imply anyone! I'm leading towards Rachel or even his daughter, Mel. But then again, they can also be ruled out as they'd need help moving him.

I did hear that it wasn't going to be revealed but when Nikki sat there looking at the screen and in shock, I thought the press may have got it wrong!

I'm not claiming to be the sharpest tool in the box, but do the cops have a single solid lead on this murder? Looks like they're jumping from Billy to Jack and back to Billy the past couple of weeks. Very poorly done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Not happy with the finale. Ad said we would find out the killer, so did voiceover before show. I will forget everything by September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Flashback episode has just been confirmed by one of the writers on twitter..how exciting! :D Pity we have to wait so long though. Don't know how I got through the Lucy storyline in Eastenders..that was nearly a year! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Noooo! Don't leave it like that!

• Advertisement

Baby Luke, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Oh my God I'm beyond annoyed! Why leave it there!

I reckon we'll definitely have a flashback as the opening episode of series 3 seeing as we could hear McGonigle saying: "you're going to regret this" That could imply anyone! I'm leading towards Rachel or even his daughter, Mel. But then again, they can also be ruled out as they'd need help moving him.

I did hear that it wasn't going to be revealed but when Nikki sat there looking at the screen and in shock, I thought the press may have got it wrong!

I doubt the resolution (ie the killer) has been even decided yet to be honest so the speculating now is pointless!! The writers wouldnt have met since last couple of months so when they sit down in the next month or so before filming starts again in mid summer they will decide. It will be all dependent on what the actors contract situation is. The actors haven't a clue anyway.

The only bit of sense in this whole investigation came from 'mammy' Paudge. It's like murder on the Orient Express!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I doubt the resolution (ie the killer) has been even decided yet to be honest so the speculating now is pointless!! The writers wouldnt have met since last couple of months so when they sit down in the next month or so before filming starts again in mid summer they will decide. It will be all dependent on what the actors contract situation is. The actors haven't a clue anyway.

Since they've just wrapped filming for the Christmas episodes there last week, they'd want to know who the killer is already, or else we won't be finding out until January.

Since they've just wrapped filming for the Christmas episodes there last week, they'd want to know who the killer is already, or else we won't be finding out until January.

Really?? They have filmed 7 months in advance! Come on, that's not normal practice! Where did you hear that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Undermined the whole series by not ending this whodunnit crock. Embarrassing writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really?? They have filmed 7 months in advance! Come on, that's not normal practice! Where did you hear that

I know some of the crew and I've been down on set a few times, so I know what their production cycle is.

They take a production break over the summer, so when they return to filming they'll be going into production for episodes for 2017.

A lot of the cast and crew were posting pictures from set last week on twitter/facebook because it was the last day before they broke for the summer and there were Christmas decorations up on all of the sets - should be a few on the official Red Rock twitter and facebook as well, if you want to have a look for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

God, that was tough to take after the entire series crawled along at glacial pace building up to this supposed big finale.

I was close to putting my boot through the screen. Whole series was dire and since McGonigle croaked it the storyline has basically moved nowhere. We've also had huge chunks of time where other characters and stories have been largely ignored.

Also, the end scene itself was a bit of a joke. Is that how it works with the boys in blue? Such a big 'case' for the station and yer man on the phone basically tells her to check her emails for the killer's name. Whilst the rest of the crew just happen to be huddled around.

And YES, I will be watching it September. :( Though by then I'd say it's very likely McGonigle will have been written back from the dead to haunt us with his smug presence for the entire third season.

God, that was tough to take after the entire series crawled along at glacial pace building up to this supposed big finale.

I was close to putting my boot through the screen. Whole series was dire and since McGonigle croaked it the storyline has basically moved nowhere. We've also had huge chunks of time where other characters and stories have been largely ignored.

Also, the end scene itself was a bit of a joke. Is that how it works with the boys in blue? Such a big 'case' for the station and yer man on the phone basically tells her to check her emails for the killer's name. Whilst the rest of the crew just happen to be huddled around.

And YES, I will be watching it September. :( Though by then I'd say it's very likely McGonigle will have been written back from the dead to haunt us with his smug presence for the entire third season.

I'm not overly bothered whether the reveal was tonight or in September, it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.....either way, they would have to continue the plot into the autumn.

I wouldn't agree either that Series 2 was dire. Yes, they've had to spend a lot of time on the McGonigle murder but that's probably what would happen in real life too, they'd be completely preoccupied by it.

I know some of the crew and I've been down on set a few times, so I know what their production cycle is.

They take a production break over the summer, so when they return to filming they'll be going into production for episodes for 2017.

A lot of the cast and crew were posting pictures from set last week on twitter/facebook because it was the last day before they broke for the summer and there were Christmas decorations up on all of the sets - should be a few on the official Red Rock twitter and facebook as well, if you want to have a look for yourself.

You are a very committed follower! The cast were very convincing and didn't seem to be lying when they said they still don't know who the killer was in the last few weeks/days? Bizarre thing to be lying about if it's quite clear they obviously do! Plus it ensures their 'cliffhanger' is essentially spoiled if people just type in a twitter account!

• Advertisement

As cliffhangers go it was one of D most boring ever. The season was all about Brian and Rachel. Very repetitive and boring scenes, and then he dies, and more boring and repetitive scenes where nothing at all progressed. They had a balls of the investigation as regards feeding us believable information and evidence. It went from one suspect to the next every few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I think it Kosy, the fact with the look on Nikki's face even she was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Tommy and Conor are hiding something alright but I don't think it was either them. I thought it a bit silly that they were accusing Tommy of using the wooden thing as a murder weapon without even sending it to forensics first.

Would Rachel have done it and rung her father who helped her dispose of him? I can see her doing it amongst all of them although it might've been the wife. They might do that as she'd be no loss to the show.

I've really enjoyed the series, a bit disappointed at not finding out at the end who the guilty party is but I'll be really looking forward to the next series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

STIG83 wrote: »

Be some laugh if it was Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just watched the finale there. WTF was that all about! I have to wait til September?!?! Not on!

Ann22 wrote: »
    Tommy and Conor are hiding something alright but I don't think it was either them. I thought it a bit silly that they were accusing Tommy of using the wooden thing as a murder weapon without even sending it to forensics first.

Would Rachel have done it and rung her father who helped her dispose of him? I can see her doing it amongst all of them although it might've been the wife. They might do that as she'd be no loss to the show.

I've really enjoyed the series, a bit disappointed at not finding out at the end who the guilty party is but I'll be really looking forward to the next series.

If it was Rachel, she would need help from someone like Connor as she can't drive. I don't think she and her father can be in it together, as I think it was he who broke news of Brian's death to her.

I would have preferred to have found out who the killer was at the end of last night's episode but it's not the end of the world that we didn't.

You are a very committed follower! The cast were very convincing and didn't seem to be lying when they said they still don't know who the killer was in the last few weeks/days? Bizarre thing to be lying about if it's quite clear they obviously do! Plus it ensures their 'cliffhanger' is essentially spoiled if people just type in a twitter account!

Without going into detail about my career, I work within the tv/film industry so have reason to be down on set on occasion, I don't just head down to the Red Rock set for the craic.

Anyone who works on a show or film has to agree to confidentiality, so it's a lot easier to say they don't know rather than I know who it is, but I can't tell you.

How is the cliffhanger spoiled because there's a few pictures on Twitter of the Red Rock sets with Christmas Decorations... SPOILER ALERT: Christmas comes around once a year... ;)

STIG83 wrote: »

Who is Kosy?

I assume the email on Nikki's PC was the resuts of DNA found on the tyre iron found in the bushes?

If so it has to be someoene a bit clueless. It was hardly a copper who flung/hid the "murder" weapon there?

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Who is Kosy?

That would be Adrijan (Kosos)

Advertisement