Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    I assume the email on Nikki's PC was the resuts of DNA found on the tyre iron found in the bushes?

If so it has to be someoene a bit clueless. It was hardly a copper who flung/hid the "murder" weapon there?

I certainly don't think it's Sharon, even if she confronted him at his flat that night.

walshb wrote: »
    As cliffhangers go it was one of D most boring ever. The season was all about Brian and Rachel. Very repetitive and boring scenes, and then he dies, and more boring and repetitive scenes where nothing at all progressed. They had a balls of the investigation as regards feeding us believable information and evidence. It went from one suspect to the next every few minutes.

Even worse than Fair City and who took Katie !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

desbrook wrote: »
    Rory so did it .

First to say it on the 19th ! Just staking my claim :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see Tommy Tyrell (Liam Carney) is in a new drama on Channel 5 on Sunday night called Sacrifice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You'd miss Red Rock wouldn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I can't find Channel 5 on Sky. Do you know what number it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

happyday wrote: »
    I can't find Channel 5 on Sky. Do you know what number it is?

You have to manually add it

chrisire wrote: »
    You have to manually add it

Thanks. I'll see if I can figure it out. Is the show any good?

Thanks. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Press TV Guide, then press select. Press up once, then press the right arrow key 5 times so you are in options. Press down once, Then press the right arrow 4 times so you are on "Other Chnls", and press select. Press the down arrow 6 times, and press the right arrow once to get to Channel 5, press select again to view the channel.

Is the show any good?

Some people love it, some people don't. I'm done with trying to convince people. Watch a few episode and make up your own mind.

My sisters complaint was they all seem to have the same accent. Unsurprisingly she has never lived in South Dublin.

syklops wrote: »
    Press TV Guide, then press select. Press up once, then press the right arrow key 5 times so you are in options. Press down once, Then press the right arrow 4 times so you are on "Other Chnls", and press select. Press the down arrow 6 times, and press the right arrow once to get to Channel 5, press select again to view the channel.

Some people love it, some people don't. I'm done with trying to convince people. Watch a few episode and make up your own mind.

My sisters complaint was they all seem to have the same accent. Unsurprisingly she has never lived in South Dublin.

Thanks Skylops! I'll have a look on Saturday. :)

• Advertisement
    M

I see Tommy Tyrell (Liam Carney) is in a new drama on Channel 5 on Sunday night called Sacrifice.

Watched it tonight, it was actually pretty good. Also making an appearance were Conor Mullen (Garda Supt. Kevin Dunne) and briefly Hilary Rose from The Fear, both sporting Scottish accents. The credits say it was filmed on location in Wicklow. I'd expect it will be on TV3 soon enough, they seem to be buying up Channel 5 shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Red Rock has been picked up by the BBC and will start on the 11th of Julyon BBC 1.
    Acclaimed Irish soap Red Rock will make its UK debut on BBC One later this month, it's been confirmed.

Official schedules have revealed that the police drama will launch in a 1.45pm slot on BBC One on Monday, July 11, taking the space usually occupied by Doctors.

Red Rock will air each weekday in a 40-minute slot and run for eight weeks.

A BBC spokesperson told Digital Spy that the soap will shift to BBC Two during the Olympics in August, although exact schedule details have yet to be confirmed.

The BBC has picked up the first series of Red Rock, which launched on TV3 in Ireland to much praise last year. The series consists of 80 episodes, which have been merged into forty 40-minute episodes for UK audiences.

Red Rock centres around a busy Garda station in a fictional seaside town in Dublin, charting the lives and dramas of the local community through the eyes of those who police it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/red-rock/news/a799801/red-rock-irish-soap-bbc-one-airdate-revealed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So some of them got to the BBC for the opening....

bbc_red_rock.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

So some of them got to the BBC for the opening....

bbc_red_rock.png

Whos the girl in the middle?

.red. wrote: »
    Whos the girl in the middle?

I got it from Sean Mahon Twitter page

https://twitter.com/seanmahonactor/with_replies

which says she is Sharon McHugh, TV3 Group Head of Comms.

M

Starts today at 1.45pm on BBC.

Starts today at 1.45pm on BBC.

It felt strange seeing McGonagle and McKay on screen again.

Whatever happened with Mrs Hennessey and Liam Reid's affair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syklops wrote: »
    It felt strange seeing McGonagle and McKay on screen again.

Whatever happened with Mrs Hennessey and Liam Reid's affair?

I think it fizzled out because of all the drama between Rachel and McGonigle.

M

It got 1.1 million viewers for the first BBC showing, 18.6% of the available UK audience at that time, very good going.
    The residents of Carrigstown will be green with envy at the news that Red Rock’s debut on BBC One drew in an audience of 1.1m

The TV3 soap has won over British audiences after it’s premiere on Monday, getting an 18.6pc share of the audience.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/red-rock-draws-in-over-a-million-viewers-in-its-uk-debut-on-the-bbc-34878371.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

That was curiosity for first day. It got loads of viewers when it first aired on tv3 as well.

That was curiosity for first day. It got loads of viewers when it first aired on tv3 as well.

He didn't imply anything else.

I didn't say he did ????

I didn't say he did ????

Sorry. Thought you were suggesting he didn't realise that it was a curiosity factor when he said "It got 1.1 million viewers for the first BBC showing". I think that's clear to everyone.

He also said the residents of Carrigstown would be green with envy at the viewing figures. I don't think so as their top story at christmas drew in over a million viewers. And that was in this small country. No point whatsoever in comparing fair city and red rock. So why do it. ??

He also said the residents of Carrigstown would be green with envy at the viewing figures. I don't think so as their top story at christmas drew in over a million viewers. And that was in this small country. No point whatsoever in comparing fair city and red rock. So why do it. ??

He didn't. He quoted the Independent.

Apologies. I was responding to poster Atlantic dawn. Didn't realise it was the irish press. Sorry again

M

Apologies. I was responding to poster Atlantic dawn. Didn't realise it was the irish press. Sorry again

Apology accepted :pac:

M

Just saw an ad for new series, it mentions that there will be a new time slot, it didn't say what time, hopefully it doesn't start any earlier or they make the foolish decision to go head to head with another soap.

• Advertisement

Just saw an ad for new series, it mentions that there will be a new time slot, it didn't say what time, hopefully it doesn't start any earlier or they make the foolish decision to go head to head with another soap.

Heard a rumour of 9pm through the grapevine...that would make for some good post watershed drama!

Advertisement