Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see in todays Herald that the show is going to be changed from 2 half hour shows a week to 1 hour long show instead, no idea what day that will be. I much prefer this change myself. No word yet when it's back, I would presume it will be early next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I see in todays Herald that the show is going to be changed from 2 half hour shows a week to 1 hour long show instead, no idea what day that will be. I much prefer this change myself. No word yet when it's back, I would presume it will be early next month.

Ah sh1te. It always felt so long a wait from Thursday to the following wednesday. Now its only going to be one episode. That said, I wonder will we get more bang for our buck. The single episodes always felt short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Heard a rumour of 9pm through the grapevine...that would make for some good post watershed drama!

If you are going to say that you have to say which grapevine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well the Red Rock facebook page stated yesterday that it would be a one hour show starting at 9pm when it comes back.....although they still didn't say what day. Maybe that's the grapevine being referred to here.

They also said it gives them more freedom as it's post watershed....so should be good.

Latest facebook post states that the actual return date will be announced next week.

The first episode will be a flashback episode which will reveal the killer.......but I had heard that already on some grapevine......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I have at least 10 episodes to catch up on before it starts again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

If you watch this on BBC1, it moves tomorrow to 2:15pm then finishes up on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

10 episodes of them teasing out Brian's killer. Can't wait..... My money is still on Mother Teresa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

9.30pm on Mondays is the new slot for Red Rock.

M

Strazdas wrote: »

Not too impressed with that, would prefer it midweek at 9 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Me too. 9.30 is too late for an hour's show on a Monday when you're wrecked.

I'll have to record and watch it the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Monife wrote: »
    Me too. 9.30 is too late for an hour's show on a Monday when you're wrecked.

I'll have to record and watch it the next day.

I can see why they are showing it at 9.30. If they put it on at nine they are up against the RTE news. This way it leads directly into Vincent Browne at 10.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

9.30 on Monday suits me much better - I was hoping it would get moved to Monday or Sunday.

gazzer wrote: »
    I can see why they are showing it at 9.30. If they put it on at nine they are up against the RTE news. This way it leads directly into Vincent Browne at 10.30

I love Red Rock.....but that won't convince me to hang around for Vincent!!!!!

Midweek would mean it clashing with Champions League coverage throughout the autumn and winter.

I'm guessing the reason it's not on next Monday is because of the Serbia vs Ireland match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that for an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Is that for an hour?
    Not really with the very very long titles at begining and advert breaks it's about 49 minutes.

M

Start date Monday 12th September according to todays Herald.

Start date Monday 12th September according to todays Herald.

It will be returning to BBC1 next year too, they announced it at the end of today's final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

Have been following Red Rock on BBC. Really good show. Been told that there's another season to catch up before the new series on TV3. Just wondering if it's possible to buy the second DVD season or watch it online? (can't watch catch-up online with Sky at home as wifi is crap). Thanks

• Advertisement
    M

It will be returning to BBC1 next year too, they announced it at the end of today's final episode.

Hard to know what they will do when they get series 2 done, the post 9pm stuff from this series won't be able to be shown at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hard to know what they will do when they get series 2 done, the post 9pm stuff from this series won't be able to be shown at lunchtime.

Depends what Red Rock actually intend to do with the new slot I suppose. I'm sure the BBC screenings are very much a priority for them, so they will surely have liased with the BBC about what the future holds there I assume. I mean you wouldn't risk your lovely little BBC deal to just add a few swearwords and violence would you? :p Plenty of shows to cater to that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I know Ireland's a very different country to the UK and TV3 has very different priorities to broadcasters where I am, but moving to 9pm was the kiss of death for The Bill on ITV. It would be an insane move for such a programme in the UK, especially a fairly new one, Red Rock is far better than the UK soaps but it is still a soap crossed with a continuing drama all the same. I trust they know what they're doing....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fr336 wrote: »
    I know Ireland's a very different country to the UK and TV3 has very different priorities to broadcasters where I am, but moving to 9pm was the kiss of death for The Bill on ITV. It would be an insane move for such a programme in the UK, especially a fairly new one, Red Rock is far better than the UK soaps but it is still a soap crossed with a continuing drama all the same. I trust they know what they're doing....
    It's certainly not imo better than eastenders. Emmerdale or corrie. It's just like an Irish version of the bill.!

fr336 wrote: »

The Bill kept changing format over the years though and being moved backwards and forwards between pre-watershed and post watershed and half hour and one hour episodes.

I'm sure Monday nights at 9.30pm is not set in stone and they will keep a close eye on the ratings.

I'd say there is a very good chance future episodes will air in the evening on the BBC. Maybe the eventual plan is for the show to catch up with TV3 pace and go out at the same time.

M

Logo wrote: »
    Have been following Red Rock on BBC. Really good show. Been told that there's another season to catch up before the new series on TV3. Just wondering if it's possible to buy the second DVD season or watch it online? (can't watch catch-up online with Sky at home as wifi is crap). Thanks

Not on DVD and as far as I know no plans to release it, the entire series is on 3Player...
    http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/703

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

See Sean Mahon (McGonigle) has a part in Anthropoid with Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy in cinemas next week.

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0831/813309-jamie-dornan-and-cillian-murphy/

M

Last episode of Series 1 was shown on BBC last week, they will be showing Series 2 next year. It was mentioned on Points Of View, lots of positive feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Tonight's the night!

Advertisement