Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 discorose77

Does anyone know where series two of red rock can be viewed? Have checked three player and series one only available at moment. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Does anyone know where series two of red rock can be viewed? Have checked three player and series one only available at moment. Thanks

Is it on BBC? Or did I read somewhere Amazon Prime have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

It starts tonight on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Monife wrote: »
    It starts tonight on TV3.

Series 3 starts tonight.

syklops wrote: »
    Series 3 starts tonight.

No way, haha I thought we were only going onto series 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looking forward to it tonight, any predictions on who killed McGonigle?
    I'm going to guess that Jules McGonigle killed him

Red-Rock-7-Suspects.jpg
    Jules McGonigle, Tommy Tyrell, Conor Tyrell, Liam Reid, Sharon Cleere, Rachel Reid or Mick Moran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Remember Series 1 ended with Addy getting knocked down.....last year's cliffhanger....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think even some of the Red Rock staff have differing views over what Season it is.

Initially it was intended that all of the 2015 episodes would be Season 1 and all the 2016 episodes Season 2, with January 2017 being the beginning of Season 3, but when they took their first Summer Break people began referring to it as the Season Finale rather than the Summer finale so the audience dictated it that Season 1 was up to May/June of 2015, Season 2 was September 2015 - May/June 2016 with Season 3 kicking off tonight.

The sales to BBC (and Amazon I think) was originally intended that Season 1 consisted of all the 2015 episodes, and I imagine when they sell Season 2 it will be all the 2016 episodes.

So some people are looking at tonight as Season 3, but others are seeing it as Season 2.5, and as the Red Rock team have become more vague about it themselves it seems both of those can be correct, but then there's an even smaller weirder and entirely wrong group calling it Season 4 (idiots)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I reckon
    Rachel killed him in a fit of temper and Liam helped her move the body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Quick question guys! Think I'm going out tonight so I'm going to download the tv3 player and watch it on that later. There won't be any spoilers on the player, will there?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Quick question guys! Think I'm going out tonight so I'm going to download the tv3 player and watch it on that later. There won't be any spoilers on the player, will there?!

No, if you just go straight onto the TV3 Player page, you should be grand. Keep well clear of Twitter or Facebook though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have visitors calling later. Hope they are gone before 9:30 or I'll be like Lollipop watching it on the player later! I cannot wait!

SarahBM wrote: »
    I have visitors calling later. Hope they are gone before 9:30 or I'll be like Lollipop watching it on the player later! I cannot wait!

I'll be out and about myself at 9.30 and won't be able to watch it until later on the player :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

I don't really watch it but that new intro is superb for it.

I see they dropped the harmonica from the intro. New intro is deadly. I've been on the edge of my seat for the last 15 minutes.

Its definitely Jules IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im starting to think it will turn out to be Rachels sister.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Too many ad breaks ��

Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The thick plottens!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement

Chuffin' Nora! I got it right! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Me too. Surprised, I never get it right!

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Me too. Surprised, I never get it right!
    Me neither :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't really watch it but that new intro is superb for it.

I disagree - I really liked that harmonica and the new intro is sub-par due to the absence of it.

Also, can't really remember/tuned out most of the investigation leading up to Nikki and Rory finding out who the killer was, so what do they believe the murder weapon is? The wheel wrench? Or did Liam somehow manage to miraculously plant evidence against Connor? So genuinely just a bit confused there - probably could've made the Previously On Red Rock at the very beginning even a minute longer just to remind us of that. Also I completely forget whether Sean and Niamh broke up or not, and why she said at the end if it's Seán she's not here or something like that... Were they fighting when we last left those two off back in May?

And the scene where Sharon was standing behind McGonigle with the Baton and before the break and then we come back and she's calling Paudge to meet her - what happened there? She was close enough to Brian at that point that even if she changed her mind and ran away, he would've noticed unless he spent a lot of time putting that suitcase in the back of the car... It was just a bit jarring and we probably should've seen Sharon cop out at the last minute and changing her mind and showed her running away before Brian turned around.

Apart from those couple of things, it was a good return and miles better than the last month or so before the break - I just hope they're not gonna continue dragging the arse out of the story with Connor on trial, new evidence being found etc. At least have a lot of it happening in the background and new storylines with the Kielys or something as the main story for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Building towards an obvious conflict between Conor facing trial and Rachel and family having to decide whether she should confess or let an innocent man go to prison...

I disagree - I really liked that harmonica and the new into is sub-par due to the absence of it.

I prefer the harmonica as well. I felt it really built the tension and I was less excited with its absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I prefer the harmonica as well. I felt it really built the tension and I was less excited with its absence.

Another vote for the harmonica here. I thought the old intro made it feel a little more "Nordic noir" style ominous. The new one tonight felt like The Bill.

I was disappointed with the full hour. They set it up to unfold far too predictably. What was great about the show was it succinctly tackled elements of a story in 25 mins or so, there was no filler, no boring over emphasis to set up stories. Tonight though it seems quite ponderous and despite being interested my mind wandered a lot.
    Hope they won't become victims of their own success. By scheduling it at 9.30 after the watershed I wondered if they plan more violence etc. I hope not. A few of tonight scenes illustrated how unnecessary long fight scenes etc are, like a few seconds of it and we get the picture. It takes away from the momentum of a short piece I think.

I thought the 3 or 4 solid mins devoted to Connor fighting with Brian immediately flagged him as very likely to be in the frame at the end.

Also didn't Connor hit him with a wheel wrench?
    Yet remember when they accused Tommy last year they said Brian's injuries were consistent with a blow from a wooden bat, one just like Tommy kept in the taxi. They included that in tonight's catchup at the start. Rachel did hit him with a piece of wood.
    How could they now mistake those injuries as caused by a metal wrench?

Very clever twist at the end. I actually thought they were going to wrongly accuse Liam of the murder, but Conor being put in the frame is a surprise.

I disagree - I really liked that harmonica and the new intro is sub-par due to the absence of it.

Also, can't really remember/tuned out most of the investigation leading up to Nikki and Rory finding out who the killer was, so what do they believe the murder weapon is? The wheel wrench? Or did Liam somehow manage to miraculously plant evidence against Connor? So genuinely just a bit confused there - probably could've made the Previously On Red Rock at the very beginning even a minute longer just to remind us of that. Also I completely forget whether Sean and Niamh broke up or not, and why she said at the end if it's Seán she's not here or something like that... Were they fighting when we last left those two off back in May?

And the scene where Sharon was standing behind McGonigle with the Baton and before the break and then we come back and she's calling Paudge to meet her - what happened there? She was close enough to Brian at that point that even if she changed her mind and ran away, he would've noticed unless he spent a lot of time putting that suitcase in the back of the car... It was just a bit jarring and we probably should've seen Sharon cop out at the last minute and changing her mind and showed her running away before Brian turned around.

Apart from those couple of things, it was a good return and miles better than the last month or so before the break - I just hope they're not gonna continue dragging the arse out of the story with Connor on trial, new evidence being found etc. At least have a lot of it happening in the background and new storylines with the Kielys or something as the main story for awhile.

I think there must be more going on with Sharon than meets the eye. She sounded like she was going to confess something to Paudge in the pub and tears were welling up in her eyes. Perhaps we'll get another flashback featuring her and McGonigle in a future episode?

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think there must be more going on with Sharon than meets the eye. She sounded like she was going to confess something to Paudge in the pub and tears were welling up in her eyes. Perhaps we'll get another flashback featuring her and McGonigle in a future episode?

I hope not. No more flashbacks. This isn't Lost.

Advertisement