Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syklops wrote: »
    I hope not. No more flashbacks. This isn't Lost.

I still think there's something about the Sharon and Brian storyline they haven't told us yet. What happened after she crept up behind him and why was she so upset when talking to Paudge in the pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

misschoo wrote: »
    Too many ad breaks ��

And too long, which is why I record it and start watching at 9.50, fast forward the ads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »
    I still think there's something about the Sharon and Brian storyline they haven't told us yet. What happened after she crept up behind him and why was she so upset when talking to Paudge in the pub?

Oh dont get me wrong, something definitely happened. Maybe she wanted to kill him and that thought scared her. I don't know, but I dont mind a flashback episode at the start of a new season to recap what happened, but introducing regular flashbacks will turn farcical very quickly. The Dallas shower scene springs to mind.

syklops wrote: »
    Oh dont get me wrong, something definitely happened. Maybe she wanted to kill him and that thought scared her. I don't know, but I dont mind a flashback episode at the start of a new season to recap what happened, but introducing regular flashbacks will turn farcical very quickly. The Dallas shower scene springs to mind.

I don't think they're going to have regular flashbacks at all but they're definitely holding something back about Sharon and Brian. It sounded like she was about to confess something to Paudge but changed her mind at the last moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So it wasn't Mother Teresa! Darn.

Two very silly things: Cleere creeping behind Brian in broad daylight. Then nothing, and wtf was with Rachel's sister spending half the episode pleading with her dad to let Rachel out, and being genuinely concerned only for her to open the door, speak to Rachel, get no reply and then locks the door?

It was not a twist at all that they'd arrest an innocent person. Been done time and time again in theses scenarios. A full season now if 'You did it. No, I didn't. You did it. No, I didn't.'

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    So it wasn't Mother Teresa! Darn.

Two very silly things: Cleere creeping behind Brian in broad daylight. Then nothing, and wtf was with Rachel's sister spending half the episode pleading with her dad to let Rachel out, and being genuinely concerned only for her to open the door, speak to Rachel, get no reply and then locks the door?

It was not a twist st all that they'd arrest an innocent person. Been done time and time again in theses scenarios. A full season now if 'You did it. No, I didn't. You did it. No, I didn't.'

I'd say something major happened between Sharon and Brian when she crept up on him. we don't really know how that scene played out.

Arresting an innocent suspect is fine, that does happen in real life. Just as long as we don't go down the innocent person being sent to prison route which happens all the time in British soaps (very implausibly too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'd say something major happened between Sharon and Brian when she crept up on him. we don't really know how that scene played out.

Arresting an innocent suspect is fine, that does happen in real life. Just as long as we don't go down the innocent person being sent to prison route which happens all the time in British soaps (very implausibly too).

Yeah. That seems to happen in Hollyoaks every week. They never arrest the right person in that show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

And Sharon and Angela for best actress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Totally confused now - I only caught up with this while it was on BBC 2 and their series ended at episode 40 (their episodes were 1 hour) when Brain Mckay was stabbed and died. So the new TV3 series starts with the apparent murder of Brian McGonigle already having occurred so how did I miss this?

TV3 player only has episodes 1-44 available for viewing - where are all the subsequent episodes?

I don't want to spoil my viewing by having missed a lot of the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Totally confused now - I only caught up with this while it was on BBC 2 and their series ended at episode 40 (their episodes were 1 hour) when Brain Mckay was stabbed and died. So the new TV3 series starts with the apparent murder of Brian McGonigle already having occurred so how did I miss this?

TV3 player only has episodes 1-44 available for viewing - where are all the subsequent episodes?

I don't want to spoil my viewing by having missed a lot of the story?

You're missing all of January-May of 2016 (about 44 half hour episodes). You're better off waiting for BBC to be honest - I'm sure they'll catch up at some point to TV3.

McGonigle on TV3 7 o'clock show tonight...dunno if he's been on yet as I'm recording it. To do with IFTAS I presume.

McGonigle on TV3 7 o'clock show tonight...dunno if he's been on yet as I'm recording it. To do with IFTAS I presume.

That Cathal bloke from Fair City was on with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I just watched it a second time in case I missed anything. That was a weird scene near the end where Rachel and her Dad and sister were eating popcorn and getting ready to watch a movie as if nothing happened. And then a ring of the door bell. Cut to Connor's arrest.

happyday wrote: »
    I just watched it a second time in case I missed anything. That was a weird scene near the end where Rachel and her Dad and sister were eating popcorn and getting ready to watch a movie as if nothing happened. And then a ring of the door bell. Cut to Connor's arrest.

The point of that scene was to make it look like the cops were coming to arrest Rachel (or maybe even Liam). I think this is meant to be a few weeks after McGonigle was murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

The point of that scene was to make it look like the cops were coming to arrest Rachel (or maybe even Liam). I think this is meant to be a few weeks after McGonigle was murdered.

I just thought they looked happy out. Not a care in the world. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Thats obvious but they should have toned down the Flanders family vibe! A murder investigation is going on and two of the chief suspects in the community and the actual murderer and conspirator are flouncing about making popcorn and joking like there isnt a care in the world! The transformation of Rachel's personality under the circumstances and pressure was just a bit too much. Especially when they both knew they would have been two of the chief suspects and the guards were just a doorknock away from arresting them!

Thats obvious but they should have toned down the Flanders family vibe! A murder investigation is going on and two of the chief suspects in the community and the actual murderer and conspirator are flouncing about making popcorn and joking like there isnt a care in the world! The transformation of Rachel's personality under the circumstances and pressure was just a bit too much. Especially when they both knew they would have been two of the chief suspects and the guards were just a doorknock away from arresting them!

Yes, I'm not sure why Liam is so confident that the cops wouldn't be coming to arrest him and Rachel. On the other hand, the two of them were moping around after Brian's death and Rachel even unwisely showed up at his funeral.

I sorta took it that the "not a care in the world" attitude was them conveying an innocent attitude to Rachel's sister, and perhaps in general, not looking like they had something to hide and playing that part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

TBH,
    If Rachel was my daughter, and she'd been repeatedly manipulated and raped by a paedo like Mc gonigle, then snapped and killed him and I'd helped her clean, up the only care I'd have is if the cops had anything to pin her with.
    I honestly don't think I'd loose a minutes sleep over his death.

Its a TV show...They go home and have their dinner when they finish:D

I sorta took it that the "not a care in the world" attitude was them conveying an innocent attitude to Rachel's sister, and perhaps in general, not looking like they had something to hide and playing that part.

Yes, good point. Niamh knows nothing about Rachel and Liam's involvement in the murder.

.red. wrote: »
    TBH,
    If Rachel was my daughter, and she'd been repeatedly manipulated and raped by a paedo like Mc gonigle, then snapped and killed him and I'd helped her clean, up the only care I'd have is if the cops had anything to pin her with.

He was not a paedo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well, that escalated quickly :eek:

From released to charged to banged up in the Joy within about five minutes.

And then straight to asking Angela to resign.

I hope this isn't going to descend into the realm of the faintly ridiculous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

.red. wrote: »
    TBH,

He was not a paedo!
    Why how old was she.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its a TV show...They go home and have their dinner when they finish:D

If I was a Mod I would ban people for repeating that stupid line. No-one here is in any doubt that its fiction.

Why how old was she.?

Age is not the issue. A paedophile is a term given to a person who is lustful-sexually attracted to prepubescent humans. Age is not always relevant. It's quite a specific-precise term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Why how old was she.?

Age is not the issue. A paedophile is a term given to a person who is lustful-sexually attracted to prepubescent humans. Age is not always relevant. It's quite a specific-precise term.
    All I am trying to establish is if she is under 16 years of age. If so than of course he is a paedophile.

• Advertisement

All I am trying to establish is if she is under 16 years of age. If so than of course he is a paedophile.

He is not necessarily. Read up on what a paedophile is. Age is not always relevant.

Far too many times people bandy about the term paedophile completely inaccurately.

Is Conor Tyrrell also a paedophile?

Advertisement