Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

The sets do look quite generic, shoddy, almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The sets do look quite generic, shoddy, almost.

I think the exteriors are mostly made up of building in the factory, which have had their facades turned into a cafe, shop and garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

I preferred it as two episodes rather than one per week but was still enjoying the show. I will definitely be disappointed if it gets cancelled.

I wonder with the scheduling change for the episodes already filmed will we seem them celebrating Christmas at the wrong time again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Elmo wrote: »
    Unless they have approached the BAI for funding it's gone, the producers probably have a fair idea.

I tells you, if they scrap a show that has been bought by the BBC but keep Xpozzzzzzzé, they are bloody lunatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I tells you, if they scrap a show that has been bought by the BBC but keep Xpozzzzzzzé, they are bloody lunatics.

Apples and oranges. :o;)

• Advertisement

Didn't really lose viewers it was static for most of its run, with the exceptions of first episodes each "season". Really the decision to go with IGT resulted in the axing of the show.

I don't really understand how more adult the series got, considering the producers didn't know of the time change until last summer! I watched a few and I didn't notice anything that couldn't be shown during the day.
    Reality TV over real TV... predictable.

Apples and oranges. :o;)

Speaking of which, here's an interesting article from Kirsty Knox:
    http://independent.ie/entertainment/tv3s-new-schedule-risks-over-xposur-36089549.html

It mentions the "postponement" of Red Rock.

Think about the scheduling of the show. When it first arrived it was put on Wednesday and Thursday which mitigated clashing with most of the other soaps. However since TV3 had lost 2 of the main soaps it had nothing backing it up.

Xpose rarely had more than 60,000 adult viewers when it went to an hour, and to be honest even when the soap were on TV3 xpose at 6 for just 30 minutes had little else. TV3 largely put up 3 hours of Daytime programming between 5:30 and 8:30, all of which have been reduce because it wasn't working.

The Six O'Clock Show doesn't show signs of growth indeed as the Seven O'Clock show it rarely managed more than 50,000 adult viewers.

Then there's UTV Ireland unfortunately it schedule The Pulse on a Friday night between Coro St gain 90,000 viewers on most Friday's. Xpose has largely failed to do that drop below 80,000 most nights of the week.

UTV Ireland however did schedule Daniel and Majella's Road Trip between Coro St on Monday Night, clashing with EastEnders, it had 300,000 viewers, something Xpose would only wish to get.

Ok Dan & Maj have a certain star quality but in fairness the show was not badly produced.

This leads be to beleive that if TV3 had moved Red Rock to Monday and Friday it would have gain much more traction than Monday a 9, which only really retained the audience from the Wed and Thur slot.

I know this might annoy EastEnders Fans but they could repeat the show as an omnibus on Sunday night.

When they didn't have Coro St, they should have put Red Rock on a Saturday among XFactor shows. IMO

Think about the scheduling of the show. When it first arrived it was put on Wednesday and Thursday which mitigated clashing with most of the other soaps. However since TV3 had lost 2 of the main soaps it had nothing backing it up.

Xpose rarely had more than 60,000 adult viewers when it went to an hour, and to be honest even when the soap were on TV3 xpose at 6 for just 30 minutes had little else. TV3 largely put up 3 hours of Daytime programming between 5:30 and 8:30, all of which have been reduce because it wasn't working.

The Six O'Clock Show doesn't show signs of growth indeed as the Seven O'Clock show it rarely managed more than 50,000 adult viewers.

Then there's UTV Ireland unfortunately it schedule The Pulse on a Friday night between Coro St gain 90,000 viewers on most Friday's. Xpose has largely failed to do that drop below 80,000 most nights of the week.

UTV Ireland however did schedule Daniel and Majella's Road Trip between Coro St on Monday Night, clashing with EastEnders, it had 300,000 viewers, something Xpose would only wish to get.

Ok Dan & Maj have a certain star quality but in fairness the show was not badly produced.

This leads be to beleive that if TV3 had moved Red Rock to Monday and Friday it would have gain much more traction than Monday a 9, which only really retained the audience from the Wed and Thur slot.

I know this might annoy EastEnders Fans but they could repeat the show as an omnibus on Sunday night.

When they didn't have Coro St, they should have put Red Rock on a Saturday among XFactor shows. IMO

On average what number does Red Rock usually get?

On average what number does Red Rock usually get?

120,000 to 150,000 adults. The 200,000 reports are exaggerated, as are most audiences on TV3, but Red Rock was getting 30,000 more viewers than Xpose a show sandwiched between Coro St, and at least twice as many as The Six O'Clock Show which airs between The News and Emmerdale which both have from 100,000 viewers to 250,000 viewers (again adults).

• Advertisement

120,000 to 150,000 adults. The 200,000 reports are exaggerated, as are most audiences on TV3, but Red Rock was getting 30,000 more viewers than Xpose a show sandwiched between Coro St, and at least twice as many as The Six O'Clock Show which airs between The News and Emmerdale which both have from 100,000 viewers to 250,000 viewers (again adults).

And why did 3 cancel be3's The Pulse when that was getting more viewers than Xposé? Is the latter cheaper to make than that and Red Rock?

Let's just say that TV3 consider Xposé one of their crown jewels, and will keep it going for as long as they possibly can.

Whereas, it seems, they *don't* consider Red Rock a crown jewel despite the BBC picking it up.

Shame, but there you go.

And why did 3 cancel be3's The Pulse when that was getting more viewers than Xposé? Is the latter cheaper to make than that and Red Rock?

Xposé and The Six O'Clock show are really cheap to produce. They are in house programming. I don't think the Pulse would cost much more. Drama even soap is expensive to make, they probable get 3 hours of their daytime TV shows before hitting the cost of an hour of Red Rock.

Also one of the writers on Red Rock is moving to Fair City.

I know it's unrelated but the similarly titled Redwater (Eastenders spin-off, set in Ireland) has gotten the axe.
    http://digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a838554/eastenders-kat-and-alfie-redwater-not-getting-second-series-confirmed/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I didn't think it was that bad really... It has a thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057736967

S.O.R.R.Y.
    Save Our Red Rock, Yeah?

S.O.R.R.Y.
    Save Our Red Rock, Yeah?

I think TV3 might have already made their minds up.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    gallery-soaps-coronation-street-5-daniel-cindy-ross-clash-4je6uwmmwqxhc4ibnwvr-4-1.jpg

Look familiar :P

Liam (Rachel's father) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strazdas wrote: »
    Liam (Rachel's father) :)

Yes seems he will be popping up in Corrie

• Advertisement

Red rock series 4 got BAI approval with 20% funding coming from licence fee for 30 new eps however looks like TV3 aren't footing any money too it. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Red rock series 4 got BAI approval with 20% funding coming from licence fee for 30 new eps however looks like TV3 aren't footing any money too it. Strange
    Very strange !

Who will pay for the Kiely's cider?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Red Rock is done. That funding will be recycled back into the pot.

Red Rock is done. That funding will be recycled back into the pot.
    Red Rock is not done. Until 3 say officially that it is, I refuse to believe anything.

Red Rock is not done. Until 3 say officially that it is, I refuse to believe anything.

You know, shows *can* be done without the commissioning channel officially saying so... :o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Will any new episodes come out or is it all finished? :(

moloner4 wrote: »
    Fourth series approved by BAI

moloner4 wrote: »

Another 23 eps to air in new year.

• Advertisement

Saw this on twitter.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931881055941996544

Hilarious. A description of Podge made to look like a trailer for a Rom Com.

Advertisement