Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

New series to start in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

starlit wrote: »
    New series to start in January?

Yes indeed, I believe it's due to start very soon, even though we don't have a date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I believe it's due to start very soon, even though we don't have a date yet.

I heard that this was going to be the last series..... :( I certainly hope not. For once we had a decent Irish soap/drama and I really enjoyed the last series. Why does that comedy that passes for a soap on the main broadcaster have so many viewers and such high ratings compared to Red Rock.... (even though I'm guilty of watching it myself, but only for the laugh)

Just thought, I'd throw this in randomly, but I f****ng love Rory.....:D I'm so glad he wasn't caught/killed in the last series.... And he only did what he did to save his granddad.... He's a baddie with a heart, and as for the Robbie guy he killed, I'd forgotten he even existed and had to remind myself who he was, so I don't get why people keep getting upset over his death - at least it was quick, Lazer would have killed him with a chainsaw...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just saw a promo ad for Red Rock on TV3, no launch date just had Coming Soon, I'd expect it in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well Denise McCormack has a new role on EastEnders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elmo wrote: »

As Patrick Bergin's character's wife

That looks like it might be only temporary though : good to see her on the show all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Would someone please PM me when a date is known.
    I watch very little TV so would probably miss the start of it otherwise.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I also see Sean's dead grandfather in EastEnders

Next of Kin (Six Eps) starting Monday 16th in Red Rocks usual time slot, a week after ITV while on the 8th its The Big Soap Quiz!

• Advertisement

Next of Kin (Six Eps) starting Monday 16th in Red Rocks usual time slot, a week after ITV while on the 8th its The Big Soap Quiz!

Returning 22 January

M

It's a 13 parter and then that's I presume the end of it, hopefully they can show 2 episodes a week.

It's a 13 parter and then that's I presume the end of it, hopefully they can show 2 episodes a week.

Do you mean Red Rock? Apparently they have a lot of episodes in the can, as many as 35 one hour ones or something.

M

Do you mean Red Rock? Apparently they have a lot of episodes in the can, as many as 35 one hour ones or something.

Yes, article in Independent mentions 13 episodes, the more the better if there is :D...
    The channel's soap Red Rock will return for 13 episodes, which were filmed last year, kicking off on January 22.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-set-to-be-renamed-under-very-significant-rebrand-36472134.html

Yes, article in Independent mentions 13 episodes, the more the better if there is :D...

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-set-to-be-renamed-under-very-significant-rebrand-36472134.html

I believe they have many more than 13 filmed, so #13 definitely won't be the final ever episode.

I believe they have many more than 13 filmed, so #13 definitely won't be the final ever episode.

Yeah they are split the final series of this is the case. Series 3 has 23 eps already filmed with 2 extra ones to tie up any unresolved storylines.

Apr 16 will finish before summer with it returning in September.

If they do produce a 4 season it will start filming in 2019.

Yeah they are split the final series of this is the case. Series 3 has 23 eps already filmed with 2 extra ones to tie up any unresolved storylines.

Apr 16 will finish before summer with it returning in September.

If they do produce a 4 season it will start filming in 2019.

Thanks for the info. This sounds like they still have time to make a decision on its future then, as it will be on air until around Christmas this year.

Redrock tweeted a little while ago "See you 22nd of January". That'll be a Monday then.

M

Well it's now on the TV Guides...
    An apathetic Paudge is struggling following Sharon's departure, but a grieving Aoife Burke re-engages him. Keith is tired of living in fear and confronts Alice Bruton

M

Preview of what we can expect for Monday...
    https://twitter.com/TV3Ireland/status/954055289874956288

• Advertisement

Feel sorry for the producers, writers and actors on this show. According to one interview with one of the actors TV3 won't make a decision on Red Rock until 2019. That means a year and a half after it stops production where the series has been on the air for much of 2018 because TV3 have held back airing all 40 episodes of each season in succession and instead spreading them across 18 months.

Waiting for a decision in 2019 make it seem to me that season 4 (40 episodes according to the BAI) won't start production until March/April 2019, with it airing in Sept 2019, Jan 2020 and Sept 2020!!!

Feel sorry for the producers, writers and actors on this show. According to one interview with one of the actors TV3 won't make a decision on Red Rock until 2019. That means a year and a half after it stops production where the series has been on the air for much of 2018 because TV3 have held back airing all 40 episodes of each season in succession and instead spreading them across 18 months.

Waiting for a decision in 2019 make it seem to me that season 4 (40 episodes according to the BAI) won't start production until March/April 2019, with it airing in Sept 2019, Jan 2020 and Sept 2020!!!

Maybe the new ownership of tv3 might change the situation for the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

So whats the situation then is the show going to continue or be cancelled can TV3 make up their bloody mind ffs the suspense is killing me.

Maybe the new ownership of tv3 might change the situation for the better.

Really the decision made about the "hiatus" of Red Rock were made by Virgin and not Doherty Hanson.

Really the decision made about the "hiatus" of Red Rock were made by Virgin and not Doherty Hanson.

Didn't know that. Theres no hope then. Stupid, short sighted decision. Instead it'll end up being re-run central. TV3 has never had a great schedule. The Chase and Tipping Point being the best, both UK imports.

M

Paudge and Linda on with Ian Dempsey this morning...

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/82592/Iano-Goes-Behind-The-Scenes-Of-Red-Rock

M

Not a great start, nothing much happenind. Would have liked to see a preview of next weeks show at the end too but there was none.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Not a great start, nothing much happenind. Would have liked to see a preview of next weeks show at the end too but there was none.
    The girl who was homeless was a good actress. No other real comments. !

I wouldn't say that. Patricia getting involved with the dodgy Minister bloke, Keith dealing drugs but terrified of that tattoo fella and now that girl he beat up wants 50% of the takings. Seems Niamh might be angling for a relationship with Rory.

Not sure at all where the Paudge / Aoife storyline is going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

What's the story with that ring he took from the box of evidence?

Advertisement