Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lolococo

It belongs to the Minister dude. Remember the Super has the same ring from school and they were buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Lolococo wrote: »
    It belongs to the Minister dude. Remember the Super has the same ring from school and they were buddies.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that. Sorry for another question but I can't remember where the evidence came from either?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lolococo wrote: »

Interesting : so there's some connection between the Minister and Aoife's mother who was murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

Couple of f words dropped into last night's episode, possibly the first time? First I've noticed anyway. Won't be complaining to TV3 of anything, just an observation!

The extras continue to be laughably bad. I think the cast for the most part are very good but the extras obviously come from the Fair City talent pool. Donna's friend who came in to discuss Donna's murder had me in stitches she was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Pretty awful start to this series, or 'run' or whatever they're calling it these days.

The Donna Burke/Minister thing is just boring; the extended scenes with the Super and the Minister felt like having teeth pulled.

No sign of Vincent Kiely and his cowboy boots, either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was actually going to post about the use of f words in the show, actually found the first one quite comical.

I take it you didn't see tonight's show, with Vincent Kiely!

I personally like all the main characters except Rory. However I've realised how many characters we've actually lost, we've lost Sharon, James McKay (original Superintendent), Adrijan, McGonigle, Rachel and father (seemingly), The three henneseys, Laser Byrne, Beady, Nikki and a few others. Not that great amount of characters from the original few episodes remaining!

I'm normally not a soap watcher, however have strangely followed Red Rock since day 1. It's fairly well made (bar the extras which can be brutal) for a show of its kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

A lot of the cast are turning up on Vikings lately - in season 5 so far I've seen Katie Kiely, Liam Reid and Davey Webb.

Michael Hennessy was in it last year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cathy Belton who plays Patricia Hennessy is in Nowhere Fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Liam still in prison, where is Rachel?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Liam still in prison, where is Rachel?

Liam is indeed in prison and we're just not seeing Rachel at the moment, I assume she'll be back on screen soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Is that the end of Keith Kiely? He'd never escape that! Hope he does though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

That scene was very well done. Hope he survives too, but looks unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Wasn't expecting that! Very graphic. Couldn't even watch it! Poor Keith!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ah I'd say he'll be rescued. Didn't it show Westlife (can't think of his name) watching the scenario in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Grace74

Just caught up with last nights episode. While I wasn't expecting that to happen to Keith, I do think he will be ok for the time being anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Is Alice's son Finn the kid from the Vodafone ad (Thanks, Dad!)?
    He looks very much like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭leche solara

Is Alice's son Finn the kid from the Vodafone ad (Thanks, Dad!)?
    He looks very much like him.

I thought that too. Now he has 2 new uncles to go with his stepdad and real dad. He will be very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ann22 wrote: »
    Ah I'd say he'll be rescued. Didn't it show Westlife (can't think of his name) watching the scenario in the pub.

One of the things I really like about Red Rock, is that no character is so important than they can't be disposed of.
    So no guarantees as to whether we'll see Keet alive again. :(

I just rewatched the first ever episode, RR really has some of the better written scripts on television over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

It'll be a farce if he is rescued; the car was gone under etc. He'd dead as a dodo surely.

Loved the 'Paudge is barred from Coppers' line :)

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    It'll be a farce if he is rescued; the car was gone under etc. He'd dead as a dodo surely.

Loved the 'Paudge is barred from Coppers' line :)

It's possible Keith could be rescued if someone was watching what was going on. The water didn't seem that deep and I reckon a rescue could be feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Nah...I don't think he's dead. There's storyline possibilities for him and your one ahead. No one else in the Kiely family left except for the ma and da.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Nah...I don't think he's dead. There's storyline possibilities for him and your one ahead. No one else in the Kiely family left except for the ma and da.

Also he wasn't tied up in the boot of the car, which gives him more chances to escape / be rescued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

But wouldn't the water pressure stop doors from opening?

But wouldn't the water pressure stop doors from opening?

As soon as the boot filled with water, pressure would be the same on both sides. It's possible that Keith either escapes or is rescued.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

From what I can recall, the trailer for this season has clips of Keith that we haven’t seen yet so I’m guessing he survives... for now!!

Keet's noh a rah. He's a cah with noine livez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Had to laugh at the usual 'if you've been affected by this programme' announcement at the end. Wonder how many watching would have been in the boot of a car in the canal.

Well I was affected by Vinnie carrying the rat into the kitchen.
    Traumatic.
    I'll never recover.

It's really really well written and the humour adds to the reality of it.
    Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Traumatic.
    I'll never recover.

Love it!

Poor auld paudge..."The fat Gard" 😂. I love this programme!

• Advertisement

Traumatic.
    I'll never recover.

Love it!
    The cameo of the rat was a bit too long for my liking, but there were some great lines. One that stood out:
    Bridget Kylie to Alice: Would you ever stop being an eyesore and make yourself useful!

Advertisement