Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy NFL : 16 or 14 Team Leagues?

Options
  • 07-12-2014 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Stick with the current 16 Team Leagues or Move to 14 Team Leagues?

How Many Teams in the Boards Leagues 48 votes

16 Team Leagues (Current System)
    0%
    14 Team Leagues
    100%
    smackbunnybabyDodgeJohnny_FontaneBizzyCpadraig_fdavetheraveTristramBluredUnitedIrishmanpoldebruinAdamcp898Spongey1975SK1979DBIrelandRaoulslowharrymatthew8Podge_irleagle eyeMr. Guappa 48 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

14 Team Leagues
    Well the first thing I'm thinking is that there is no real fair way to implement the switch to 14 teams per league - certainly none that I have read. Perhaps we should discuss how that could be done before setting off down that road?

I'll advocate for staying with 16 teams (and reducing bench size to 4, releasing more talent every week into the waiver pool) It works well from a playoff perspective, with 4 winners and 2 wildcards going through. I don't see a 14 team (2 x 7) set up keeping things any more competitive for weaker teams, the current set up allows a greater chance of staying in touch with your division leader for longer (although it would virtually ensure teams with winning records progress to the playoffs I suppose)

I do like the side effect of the talent released into the waiver pool, but now I wonder if 28 extra players is too much! Would it ruin the tactical side of things? I'd say it's not far from perfect as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

14 Team Leagues
    After thinking about it some more I think changing it will only cause problems and its so problematic to change it so I'm voting for it to remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

14 Team Leagues
    Voted for a 16 team league.

If there was a move to a 14 team league, it would cause chaos the further down the league you go, with the lower divisions having to relegate about 8-10 teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

14 Team Leagues
    Benimar wrote: »
    Voted for a 16 team league.

If there was a move to a 14 team league, it would cause chaos the further down the league you go, with the lower divisions having to relegate about 8-10 teams!

It would be less of an issue than you think. Every year in the lower leagues i promote 8-10 people to cover people who dont come back.

That being said i still prefer 16 teams

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

14 Team Leagues
    is it just me or does anybody else think we should not do all the votes at the same time.

I mean a vote on 14 or 16 teams may be a factor in somebodyes voting for say bench sizes, but having to vote on all things at the same time means your having to assume the outcome of another vote to cast your one.

I understand the logic of open them up and get everybody to vote whilst they are active, but personally Id have preferred to open one vote for 1 month lets say and then open another.

my view is that if you want to have an opinion on the structure you will make it your business to vote even if it is the off season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

And after i voted for an increase in the team (i voted for a flex player) it would be even tougher at 16 with less talent about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

14 Team Leagues
    D3PO wrote: »
    is it just me or does anybody else think we should not do all the votes at the same time.

I mean a vote on 14 or 16 teams may be a factor in somebodyes voting for say bench sizes, but having to vote on all things at the same time means your having to assume the outcome of another vote to cast your one.

I understand the logic of open them up and get everybody to vote whilst they are active, but personally Id have preferred to open one vote for 1 month lets say and then open another.

my view is that if you want to have an opinion on the structure you will make it your business to vote even if it is the off season.

What difference does it make really? People are smart enough to work out in their owns heads what they want. Realistically the 14 team thing isnt going to win so most will factor that in when voting on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

14 Team Leagues
    TO. wrote: »
    What difference does it make really? People are smart enough to work out in their owns heads what they want. Realistically the 14 team thing isnt going to win so most will factor that in when voting on the rest.

well we know that now. but at the time the first of us voted ie there were less than 5 votes cast when I did so we had no idea what way the outcome would turn out.

Just something to bear in mind for future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

14 Team Leagues
    bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

poldebruin wrote: »
    Well the first thing I'm thinking is that there is no real fair way to implement the switch to 14 teams per league - certainly none that I have read. Perhaps we should discuss how that could be done before setting off down that road?

I'll advocate for staying with 16 teams (and reducing bench size to 4, releasing more talent every week into the waiver pool) It works well from a playoff perspective, with 4 winners and 2 wildcards going through. I don't see a 14 team (2 x 7) set up keeping things any more competitive for weaker teams, the current set up allows a greater chance of staying in touch with your division leader for longer (although it would virtually ensure teams with winning records progress to the playoffs I suppose)

I do like the side effect of the talent released into the waiver pool, but now I wonder if 28 extra players is too much! Would it ruin the tactical side of things? I'd say it's not far from perfect as is.

This. As I said in the bench-size thread the two votes are inter-linked for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement