Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on back garden

• 07-12-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi !!
    Due to the rain of the past days my garden looks horrible!!! There is almost no grass left and my 3 dogs cannot play as they would get too dirty!!!!! Do you know who could take care of my garden by putting some rocks to replace the grass maybe or something else? Thanks a lot
    niamh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    Hi !!
    Due to the rain of the past days my garden looks horrible!!! There is almost no grass left and my 3 dogs cannot play as they would get too dirty!!!!! Do you know who could take care of my garden by putting some rocks to replace the grass maybe or something else? Thanks a lot
    niamh

Nothing unusual about this and as anyone who has to deal with it, they will tell you it is very difficult, frustrating and makes life miserable for all concerned. Putting a hard surface in is one solution but there are others, including for example synthetic grass lawn. Resilient, petproof and usable all year, it is probably the most effective and practical solution albeit more expensive than many of the inferior options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭macraignil

Any good landscaper should be able to give you a quote for putting down some gravel or paving slabs. Cobble stones or brick might also be options. I prefer to see things growing in the garden so making some raised planting beds to the side of the gravel or paving might be something to do at the same time. Make sure the person you find knows something about drainage as it sounds like this is a problem in your garden. You do not want water flowing into your house if the job is not done right.

Advertisement