If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peerless Projector Mount & Cheap 3D Blu-ray Player

Options
  • 07-12-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

After a couple of items.
    • Peerless ceiling projector mount preferably in white. Saw the PRG-UNV on the ".com" site but not sure is that something stocked in Belfast.
    • A cheap 3D Blu-ray player to do me short term until I can pick something better. Would like it to have SACD functionality but that's not critical. Something out of the clearance pile would do if such a thing exists.
    [*]

Thanks...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

SachaJ wrote: »
    Hi guys,

After a couple of items.
    • Peerless ceiling projector mount preferably in white. Saw the PRG-UNV on the ".com" site but not sure is that something stocked in Belfast.
    • A cheap 3D Blu-ray player to do me short term until I can pick something better. Would like it to have SACD functionality but that's not critical. Something out of the clearance pile would do if such a thing exists.

[*]

Thanks...
    [*]
    sacha,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are all out of the peerless in white ( including the UK stock) black is still fine though..

I can probably order in the Sanus VMPR1 bracket in for you in white ( we may even have a few in stock already) and its actually more reasonable at just €99.99 including shipping:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200143-vmpr1.aspx

There are very few SACD Blu-Rays left ( really unfortunately) at any type of budget level - I do have one Denon DBT1713 display unit left which I would clear at £199.95 if you were interested?

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/hometheater/blurayplayers/dbt1713ud

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

[*]
    sacha,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are all out of the peerless in white ( including the UK stock) black is still fine though..

I can probably order in the Sanus VMPR1 bracket in for you in white ( we may even have a few in stock already) and its actually more reasonable at just €99.99 including shipping:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200143-vmpr1.aspx

There are very few SACD Blu-Rays left ( really unfortunately) at any type of budget level - I do have one Denon DBT1713 display unit left which I would clear at £199.95 if you were interested?

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/hometheater/blurayplayers/dbt1713ud

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

Cheers John.

I'll take a look at that player. Might be a nice alternative to some of the higher end Sonys.

What do you have without the SACD? Just 3D bluray to do me a few months.

Need to get moving on those speakers this week too if I'm going to be setup by Xmas.

Just a quick question on that Denon player. Am I missing out on anything going with a 2 year old device over something new? Not interested in any networking functionality as I have XBMC for that. This would purely be a disk spinner.

It'll be ok with the latest audio codecs etc (not that much has changed in the last couple of years besides Atmos which I'm sure it should be ok with?).

Thanks.

Very interested in this player.... It gets good reviews along with the DBT-3313

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Very interested in this player.... It gets good reviews along with the DBT-3313
    Hi SachaJ.

The Denon are a fantastic player.

However our last display unit has been sold via the Belfast shop :(

Has there been any others that you may have seen?
    Perhaps the Sony BDPS7200 priced at £199.95 (5 star reviewed in what HiFi - Also won a what Hi-Fi award)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps7200/sony-bdps7200-blk

Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

That's very very unfortunate Kenny - I had emailed John earlier to say I'd take it. I sold my last Sony 790 and to be honest I possibly wouldn't buy another high end Sony. I'd either go for a quality universal player like the Denon/Oppo etc or a very cheap player with 3D.

That's very very unfortunate Kenny - I had emailed John earlier to say I'd take it. I sold my last Sony 790 and to be honest I possibly wouldn't buy another high end Sony. I'd either go for a quality universal player like the Denon/Oppo etc or a very cheap player with 3D.
    Hi Sachaj.

The 1713 was unfortunately sold days ago unknown to John before posting.
    Apologies for that. Sometimes stock at store moves in and out so quickly.

We do have one of the 3313 left in stock which I could ask John for a price on. It is our display unit but is in top condition.

Cheap 3D Blu Ray player would start at £64.00 for the Sony BDPS4200
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12677-bdps4200.aspx

Thanks Kenny. I'd love the 3313 but I'm expecting it to be outside my budget. Sure ask John for a price anyway (he'll probably see my email in relation to the 1713 anyway).

Hear anything on that price for the 3313 Kenny? I've also been emailing John back and forth on some Apex A40's so I need to proceed with those very soon (not heard from him in a while so not sure if he's around). 

Hear anything on that price for the 3313 Kenny? I've also been emailing John back and forth on some Apex A40's so I need to proceed with those very soon (not heard from him in a while so not sure if he's around). 
    Hi SachaJ.

John has been up to his neck over the last two or three weeks maybe longer. He's a popular man :D

I'll see if I can get a hold of him on the 3313 and the Apex 40's and revert back ASAP.

• Advertisement

Bump on this thread. I need to order the A40's on Monday if possible as I need them this week.

Bump on this thread. I need to order the A40's on Monday if possible as I need them this week.
    Hi SachaJ.

Apologies we did not get to your boards post today as its been crazy here at the Belfast store.
    We don't currently have any Apex 40 in stock and I'm not sure if we will get another MA delivery before Christmas at this point.

Did you find the email from John with the pricing in it?

Hi SachaJ.

Apologies we did not get to your boards post today as its been crazy here at the Belfast store.
    We don't currently have any Apex 40 in stock and I'm not sure if we will get another MA delivery before Christmas at this point.

Did you find the email from John with the pricing in it?
    I do have the email and can send it on if you want to PM your email address. It's a pity you have no A40's in stock as I know John said you got an some in last week (or maybe the week before). He could have been holding a couple for me but they must have sold.

Email sent

Email sent
    Replied :)

And replied myself again

And replied myself again
    Thanks Sacha.

Order will ship tomorrow and arrive on Thursday. Once it ships I'll drop you a PM with your tracking number :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.