Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new york

Options
  • 07-12-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    In New York and hoping to go the Rockafeller ice skating on Tuesday morning.
    Can anyone advise the following
    1) how long is the average que for general admission
    2) can you decide on the day to do vip
    3) Are their lockers available to hire for general admission
    4) would people recommend the vip trip

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't help with most of the questions but the length of the queue is usually dependant on the weather - horizontal sleet smashing into your face will typically keep people away, it also depends on how many tourists are in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There's also a rink in Bryant Park about 5 blocks away on 42nd. Bryant park is pretty, its a tree lined square behind the New York Public Library. Just from walking around last week its a much nicer location than the rockefeller centre, which seemed cramped. But take a look once you're there.

Dont know what it takes to get on the ice though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Last November/December the Bryant Park queue was about 20 minutes. I had lunch there most days and it didn't seem all that long to wait really.
    Can't comment on the Rockafeller though there are 2 ice ricks in Central park with the southern one being always the busiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Central Park is where you should skate! Rockefeller Center is the last place I'd go. But if you do go, sharpen those elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Chelsea Pier have them too I think, huge indoor one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement