Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options
  • 07-12-2014 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

We don't seem to have a proper one of these so, if nobody minds? :p

Anyway, I've been playing NES remix 3DS all weekend. 30 euro delivered off eBay , feels worth it. Not the same value as the Wii U version, but very good all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I finally started to play Phoenix Wright dual destinies only to be confused by the characters and storyline , seems I have to play apollo justice first.

I thought that was a spin off game just!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing some Phoenix Wright myself, the third game Trials and Tribulations. Only started the second case but it's great to see Maya Fey back in a more prominent role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So much pokemon on 3DS, its glorious. We'll probably get another game next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I finally started to play Phoenix Wright dual destinies only to be confused by the characters and storyline , seems I have to play apollo justice first.

I thought that was a spin off game just!

The miles edgeworth games are the spin offs
    investigations 1 and 2, I'm on the first myself right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm still only on the first Phoenix Wright and only on the case of the Silver Samurai

• Advertisement

Used my £15 discount code from amazon and ordered pokemon art academy, only £10 and free shipping, happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nuts, I've been trying to get around to the 3DS eShop Phoenix Wright game... but I only played the first one and even then only as far as the 4th case. I'm not going to have a clue...

Currently working slowly through Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight. I've a huge backlog though, it's depressing - I started building it around when Luigis Mansion and Fire Emblem came out and never really dug my way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The miles edgeworth games are the spin offs
    investigations 1 and 2, I'm on the first myself right now.

let me know if you enjoy it when you're done!

banjo you could play the 3DS phoenix Wright if you're not a stickler for doing things in the exactly right order, it's not totally necessary to have played them all. I played the first turnabout and it's like a tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've just started prof. Layton azran legacy. It's the first Layton game I've played so I think there's a good bit of the story I'm missing out on, it doesn't bother me though, I'm enjoying it so far!

I'd like to play professor layton, but it always makes me feel stupid :o

• Advertisement

let me know if you enjoy it when you're done!

The second only has a fan translation, and doesn't look like it'll ever come over here legit.
    The first is alright though, I'm two and a half cases in, interesting to be on gumshoe's side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Can't wait for Majoras Mask!

I've had the 3ds Phoenix Wright on my 3ds for yonks but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll have to get the whale add on though.

Also, I love how creative some people are:

ball-ornaments.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

cloud493 wrote: »
    We don't seem to have a proper one of these so, if nobody minds? :p

Anyway, I've been playing NES remix 3DS all weekend. 30 euro delivered off eBay , feels worth it. Not the same value as the Wii U version, but very good all the same.
    Fair play I was wondering why there wasn't a thread on this I thought I just couldn't find it. So many questions!

I've borrowed my daughters 3ds for the last few months and love it. Just this week I got 5 stars on super mario 3d land it's my biggest gaming achievement to date!
    I've a 3ds XL ordered off the missus for Xmas so I'm going to wait to play anymore games.

I love me theatrhym curtain call. Button controls are a god send.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gave it a go today, also put 9 hours into Fire Emblem the last two days, it is so damn hard and addictive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Fantasy Life is my new favourite game I think!

Got it aswell as Smash Bros which hasn't even been opened yet!

Ok so got the 3ds and bought smash so I could avail of the free game promo and I Got Zelda a link between worlds as the free game I also got new super mario bros 2 all great games from what I've played so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

My current backlog of 3DS games is as follows.
    Mario 3D
    Mario Kart 7
    Fantasy Life
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, X, Y
    Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda A Link Between Worlds
    Fire Emblem
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Donkey Kong
    Bravely Default
    Tales of the Abyss
    Mario Golf
    Kirby
    Shovel Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Looking at picking up a 2ds. New with Mario for 135 .

Is this a good enough price. Is the only difference between the 3ds and 2ds playing games in 3D? I could still play games marked 3ds Ya?

• Advertisement

CptMackey wrote: »

Is this a good enough price. Is the only difference between the 3ds and 2ds playing games in 3D? I could still play games marked 3ds Ya?

mono and surround only speakers(no stereo), and no 3d, doorstop design.
    everything else is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CptMackey wrote: »

I'd strongly consider saving some extra cash & going for a 3DS XL if I were you, it's a far superior gaming experience over a regular 3DS/2DS. There's a new XL coming soon I think, so the regular ones may drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yup, it's called 'New 3DS' (please stop using the word 'New' in everything Nintendo), its out this year, I think we'll get it in March. Japan and Australia got it last Oct or November I think.

It will have faster loading speeds, face plates for the standard size, much better 3d with face tracking, will now take micro sd cards among other things, it's all online with a little research before you buy a 3ds :)

There will also be some (i doubt many) exclusive games for the 'New 3DS', first one confirmed for this year is a port of the Wii title 'Xenoblade Chronicles', no date for it just yet but hopefully a new Direct is announced soon, it's been a while.

The New xl looks great but I think I'm gonna go for the smaller one this time, those SNES buttons!

It will probably be released alongside Majora's Mask.

Edit: also looking forward to S.T.E.A.M. which is coming this year from Nintendo, it's a new I.P. from them, and looks great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The smaller one is fantastic and I'm certainly going to pick one up at launch, got a brief go on one recently and it's lovely.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The smaller one is fantastic and I'm certainly going to pick one up at launch, got a brief go on one recently and it's lovely.

I couldn't & never will go back to the regular 3DS after using the XL :o Tiny screen & 'the claw' effect just make it a pain to use (literally)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody else find Ocarina of Time 3DS hard to find on the shelves? Been to a few shops in Cork and none have any copies.

Gamestop and smyths have a few copies in Dublin. So I'm sure they could order one down to you in store. Or buy online.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I couldn't & never will go back to the regular 3DS after using the XL :o Tiny screen & 'the claw' effect just make it a pain to use (literally)

I get that too, but, it's meant to be built better and those snes buttons and face plates! :)

I'm getting the white one

I get that too, but, it's meant to be built better and those snes buttons and face plates! :)

I'm getting the white one

The Snes one is gorgeous indeed, I was a bit pee'd off to learn the new XL won't have a Snes variant

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I've had the original 3DS since launch in 2011 and from being opened and closed so much I think one of the ribbon cables has become damaged as sometimes the top screen goes black.

Anyway, definitely going to try pick up a new 3DS XL as I love the larger size.

Advertisement