Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Another €10 off the price for the N3DS XL at amazon.fr. Now €195 including delivery to Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It wouldn't surprise me if every Amazon, EU sites at least, was shipping from a single depot or set of depots.
    Can't wait to get my mitts on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ballz. Oh well, didn't want the new xl inanyways.

Honestly a few more quid and you`d get a PS4. Madness that price.
    Vanilla 3DS XL LL for me so :/
    Still €230 is a lot of dough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Can anyone recommend a decent site for pre-ordering the limited edition of Majora's mask? I'm thinking of going with Game.co.uk, looks to be around 50GBP. Smyths don't look like they are stocking the ltd edition, gamestop are a rip off (as usual) and amazon are taking the p155

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Can anyone recommend a decent site for pre-ordering the limited edition of Majora's mask? I'm thinking of going with Game.co.uk, looks to be around 50GBP. Smyths don't look like they are stocking the ltd edition, gamestop are a rip off (as usual) and amazon are taking the p155

French Amazon seems to be the best

http://www.amazon.fr/Legend-Zelda-Majoras-%C3%A9dition-collector/dp/B00S84UAIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421964936&sr=8-1&keywords=majora

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop is offering 120 quid trade in on 3DS XL when trading into towards an N3DS, thats not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop is offering 120 quid trade in on 3DS XL when trading into towards an N3DS, thats not bad at all.

Have to do your transfer first.

I remember when the xl came out, they guy who sold it to me agreed to let be do this deal the next day after I had done the transfer at home to the newer system. Hopefully it'll be the same this time round. No harm asking.

Aye tis true. 120 for an XL, 85 for a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hmmmm the dilemma trade or give it to my nephew who has clearly been eyeing it up the last 6 months.....:p
    Think I can afford to use it as a gift :o

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Amazon France have new XL now at €181.42 and standard at €154.75. Both good value at €40 cheaper than stores here.

Euro currency fluctuations seem to have lowered the price more. I wouldnt be buying from GBP stores as you will get fleeced on conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We must be sourcing our stock from uk warehouses and so getting rodgered on the currency conversion.
    Getting them from other euro territories would save locals a fortune.

I know I could get a console cheaper from amazon france or germany, whatever. But honestly, I cannot be bothered. It sounds like a pain, I'll pay gamestop's premium if it means I can just walk in and buy it on launch day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I know I could get a console cheaper from amazon france or germany, whatever. But honestly, I cannot be bothered. It sounds like a pain, I'll pay gamestop's premium if it means I can just walk in and buy it on launch day.

You sound like you're from the 1990's dude :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You're the one saying dude, and he's the one who sounds like he's from the 90's?

No, Dude. Dude, no!

Banjo wrote: »
    You're the one saying dude, and he's the one who sounds like he's from the 90's?

No, Dude. Dude, no!

That was non, non, non, non heinous!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I asked today and your man said it was €100 for an XL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I asked today and your man said it was €100 for an XL

CEX are giving up to 125 cash/150 credit for an xl

Well I got this email today

tumblr_nin4n8hali1u69apgo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Are they going to let you transfer your games an stuff from you 3ds to n3ds at home before you trade it in?

I don't know, I assume they might let you do it in-store? Long as theres a wifi connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick question: What happens in system transfers if you have something on the destination system? Like Majora comes preinstalled on the limited edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You do the system transfer, then download the game from the previous downloads option in the eshop. (Think that's how it's phrased anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When I traded up to the XL from the regular 3ds, my local Gamestop let me trade like this: pay the full price for the XL, I took it away to where I worked, did the system transfer there, packed up the wiped 3ds, brought it back to Gamestop and they paid me the balance for the trade in. No risk for them because I had paid for the console in full.

I hope to do the same for the n3ds.

Surely if theres a wifi signal in the store, easier to do it there? Might just set up a hotspot on my phone, do it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Surely if theres a wifi signal in the store, easier to do it there? Might just set up a hotspot on my phone, do it like that.

You don't need wifi afaik they connect using their own signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

iamtony wrote: »
    You don't need wifi afaik they connect using their own signal.

The WiFi's needed so that they can also connect to the servers at Nintendo, who would like to keep an eye on the whole process. Something to do with the Pikmin that live inside the consoles, no doubt.

The WiFi's needed so that they can also connect to the servers at Nintendo, who would like to keep an eye on the whole process. Something to do with the Pikmin that live inside the consoles, no doubt.

Oh I get you I only transfered once and I didn't remember connecting the new console but maybe only one need to connect.

Anyone know what gamestop are offering for a standard size 3ds against a new mm 3ds XL if it's worth doing I'll trade in my daughters standards 3ds and give her my XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

The MM 3DS XL bundle with skull kid statue and charger went back on sale on the Nintendo Online Store earlier today.

It sold out quick enough but worthwhile keeping an eye on if anyone is after the pack/statue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

bkrangle wrote: »
    The MM 3DS XL bundle with skull kid statue and charger went back on sale on the Nintendo Online Store earlier today.

It sold out quick enough but worthwhile keeping an eye on if anyone is after the pack/statue

That'll be all the Parcel Motel orders being put back into the system!

Advertisement