Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

That'll be all the Parcel Motel orders being put back into the system!

They haven't cancelled my order for the special edition of the game.........yet!

I got some yoshi gear as part of the same order and that arrived with no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

MM 3DS XL back up for sale on Nintendo Online Store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Saw that. Kinda hate the Nintendo store when they include Ireland as the UK but won't sell items to Ireland. Nintendo, charge the extra £3 for postage for god sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

so if I order to parcel motel they will cancel the order?

safetyboy wrote: »
    so if I order to parcel motel they will cancel the order?

Mine was cancelled last week and I was using parcel motel, it was just the SE game I was getting, so I just ordered it from Amazon.fr instead and was €5 Euro cheaper including post and will prob arrive just as fast.

They cancelled it and say they do not sent to PO Box numbers or freight companies and will not post outside the UK. I see their store as pointless for Ireland when it's a UK and Ireland store/site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Dannysaurus

Hey guys, just pre-ordered the Monster Hunter LE 3DS from Gamestop. Was intended as a gift but I got the wrong limited edition. Longshot, but is anyone open to swapping their Majora's Mask limited edition 3DS if they're having second thoughts? :3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Playing smash on my daughters new 3ds ambassadors addition and the addition of the nub right stick is a great advantage it's really sensitive.
    The system is lovely I must say and the new 3d is much much better!
    So now wait for my majora's mask XL too see which one I prefer!
    Great thing about having kids is you can buy stuff and tell the missus it's for the kids! he he!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know how much Gamestop will give me for a 3DS alone, not against a N3DS?

Xenji wrote: »

Many variables in cex anyway I don't know about gamestop but I have a coral pink one I'm looking to sell and they offer €60ish but if it was a metallic pink they offer €90 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I want to say €60, but it might be €50 odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Well CEX gave me €127 cash for my boxed XL (with charger), so I'd definitely check with them first, I'd say you'll get a better deal there than from lamestop sorry gamestop :pac:

Well CEX gave me €127 cash for my boxed XL (with charger), so I'd definitely check with them first, I'd say you'll get a better deal there than from lamestop sorry gamestop :pac:

Trust me if I had a CEX near me I would, alas Gamestop is my only choice :( might get a friend to bring it up to Galway.

Trust me if I had a CEX near me I would, alas Gamestop is my only choice :( might get a friend to bring it up to Galway.

I can ask in there for you tomorrow if you like, I'll be passing by it anyway while I'm in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ill be heading to gamerob later on today i can ask for ya. I take it you just want to sell them your standard 3ds without money off for the n3ds.

25% extra trade in when you pre order as well.

Just in gamestop there lad behind the counter said 50 for the regular just for cash and 72 for the xl for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's horrible value. They'll sell both of those for double.

Try CEX to trade your 3ds in. Reg 3ds they give €60 unboxed or €66 if boxed. For the xl they give €104 and for boxed xl they give €107.

Make sure you do your transfer before you trade it in.

But I think you are doing this with gamestop, have they said you can do the physical transfer from your 3ds to the n3ds in store there and then? Do they have a stronger WiFi connection to let you do this?

EDIT: ah, just saw gamestop is your only option. I would recommend trading into CEX if you can

Just in gamestop there lad behind the counter said 50 for the regular just for cash and 72 for the xl for cash

Do you know what the trade in price for the XL against the new majora's mask one is?

iamtony wrote: »
    Do you know what the trade in price for the XL against the new majora's mask one is?

Ah sorry man, ive left the shop, but i think there is picture somewhere in the thread a few pages back with the trade in for the new console on it.

• Advertisement

I actually got €127 for the boxed XL a few days ago in CEX, it might depend if it's in good condition and the version you have (that's the A-rating value, mine was a white edition and had a few surface bumps and scratches on the case but nothing too obvious and still got the top-level trade-in value). Anyone thinking of trading theirs in should do it asap as the cash-value is likely to drop with the inevitable influx of people upgrading to the New version. Problem would be that to do a system transfer you'd have to wait for launch day in a couple of weeks (obviously you guys know that, but might as well say it anyway :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

All cex prices are here lads
    Ie.webuy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

(In the UK) I can get £62 from Game for my Animal Crossing XL or £113 from CEX. €150 trade in ain't bad. It's a pity I never use CEX

gubbie wrote: »
    (In the UK) I can get £62 from Game for my Animal Crossing XL or £113 from CEX. €150 trade in ain't bad. It's a pity I never use CEX

If you take a photo of that trade in value on cex's website to Game, they'll price match it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have the original aqua blue 3DS from launch in 2011 and I kind of want to get the New 3DS or New 3DS XL.

I live in Carlow but I can go to CEX in Portlaoise is need be.

Just wondering would they allow you to do a system transfer in the shop?

Like bring in your old 3DS, they value in and you've the money for the new one and then just unbox the new one and do a transfer there?

Would they let ya do that does anyone know?

Cheers.

I believe someone said earlier in the thread, they'll let you take both systems home, transfer, then bring the old console back and they refund you the trade amount of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you take a photo of that trade in value on cex's website to Game, they'll price match it.

You are epic! Thanks :)

I'll go enquire in my local

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

cloud493 wrote: »
    I believe someone said earlier in the thread, they'll let you take both systems home, transfer, then bring the old console back and they refund you the trade amount of the console.

Oh really? Sorry I read a few pages back but didn't see anything particular so I said I'd ask.

I see CEX have reduced the trade in price for 3ds xl since yesterday. You no longer get 127.

CEX are onto us lads!

Fyi, there is a demo for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. up on the 3ds eshop now. Game coming out in May. Can't wait to give this NEW Nintendo IP a go :)

• Advertisement

I can ask in there for you tomorrow if you like, I'll be passing by it anyway while I'm in town.

Cheers, but called them up today and they said €60.

Advertisement