Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unfortunately we will probably not be seeing Kirby till Oct/Nov over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anybody play fantasy life before? is it worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I see the new shantae is hitting the EU eShop on Friday. I really enjoyed the last one and have been looking forward to this one since it was announced so will probably get it on day one. Has anyone played it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

anybody play fantasy life before? is it worth picking up?

I'm playing it at the moment and really enjoying it, I find it's good for dipping into every now and then. It's a very open game so you can choose whether you stick to the main story or focus on mastering one of the 12 jobs.

I started off as a hunter and mostly progressed the story but I've recently becoming obsessed with woodcutting and mining to get materials to make better equipment as a carpenter and blacksmith.

Based on what I've played so far I'd recommend it. It's got the charm of Animal Crossing but has a lot more to do, including combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

elekid wrote: »
    I'm playing it at the moment and really enjoying it, I find it's good for dipping into every now and then. It's a very open game so you can choose whether you stick to the main story or focus on mastering one of the 12 jobs.

I started off as a hunter and mostly progressed the story but I've recently becoming obsessed with woodcutting and mining to get materials to make better equipment as a carpenter and blacksmith.

Based on what I've played so far I'd recommend it. It's got the charm of Animal Crossing but has a lot more to do, including combat.

I picked it up myself there recently and I'm looking forward to starting it.
    always takes me ages to start a new game, I can't abide the generating your avatar and the training sections - no matter how well they integrate them as to not appear as training.
    There really are some great games on the 3ds though and I'm super excited with the talk of a new Fire Emblem coming out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DAMN IT.... I just looked up the trailer for Fantasy Life and now I want it. Sh*t. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

bkrangle wrote: »
    Nippon Yasan may be an option for getting some face plates a bit cheaper (or some Japan only ones) if you're not in a mad rush........€2.86 shipping for 1, €5.11 for 2

€12.47 for Pikachu: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-3ds-console-import-japan/10560-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no057.html

€12.47 for Kirby: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-3ds-console-import-japan/10561-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no058.html

€13.90 for Yoshi: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-3ds-console-import-japan/8966-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no004.html

Well, that site is super dangerous! Spent 80quid including postage on 4 plates and a charging cradle lol

Thanks for the links. Works out way cheaper than anywhere in Europe

Mr E wrote: »
    DAMN IT.... I just looked up the trailer for Fantasy Life and now I want it. Sh*t. :o

€35 in Smyths. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

First review of majoras mask 3D!

From game informer 9.25/10
    Purists will decry the changes made to Majora’s Mask no matter how slight they may be, but I am seated firmly in the “change is good” camp. It’s everything you remember, but without the boredom or frustration related to the passage of time. Majora’s Mask was a game ahead of its time in 2000, and revisiting it under this new lens only confirms that sentiment. Whether you’re returning to Termina or visiting it for the first time, Majora’s Mask 3D is the ideal way to experience this classic.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-gets-first-review/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

cloud493 wrote: »
    First review of majoras mask 3D!

From game informer 9.25/10

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-gets-first-review/

It's one of the few zelda games I've never played, couldn't get the expansion pak when it came out. I'm dying to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's one of the few zelda games I've never played, couldn't get the expansion pak when it came out. I'm dying to get it!

How I'd love to be in that position again of getting to play it for the first time. As much as I will get it on 3DS, I think it's well worth playing it on a bigger screen too, I think the darkness of the game may come across slightly better.

Bear in mind the framerate can be quite poor, specially on the VC version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looking forward to seeing Tingle in 3D, creepy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So! What's everyone's opinion on Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy Plus? Anyone play the original? Amiibo support anyone?

It's meant to be released on the 10th or the 13th of Feb, but now I hear it's out on the 20th.

Not listed on gamestop or Smyths, just see it on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

So! What's everyone's opinion on Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy Plus? Anyone play the original? Amiibo support anyone?

It's meant to be released on the 10th or the 13th of Feb, but now I hear it's out on the 20th.

Not listed on gamestop or Smyths, just see it on Amazon

the original played a bit like starfox 64 in the arwing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Why is it so hard to buy 3ds games second hand in shops!
    Any game im after cant be bought new and the likes of cex and that are always out of stock.

Games I'm interested in, incase anyone around dublin has them for sale are

Ocarina of time 3d
    Super Mario 64 3d
    Star fox 64
    Yoshis new Island
    Diddy kong racing ds.

You can't even but some of them digitally. I don't want to order online and wait I'm way to impatient for that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

iamtony wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to buy 3ds games second hand in shops!
    Any game im after cant be bought new and the likes of cex and that are always out of stock.

Games I'm interested in, incase anyone around dublin has them for sale are

Ocarina of time 3d
    Super Mario 64 3d
    Star fox 64
    Yoshis new Island
    Diddy kong racing ds.

You can't even but some of them digitally. I don't want to order online and wait I'm way to impatient for that!

But if you can't buy them at all in shops how are you planning on getting them sooner than ordering them online?

mayordenis wrote: »
    But if you can't buy them at all in shops how are you planning on getting them sooner than ordering them online?

I'm just very spur of the moment like that I'm like a big child:-) if something is on my radar I want it now and I hate the waiting for deliveries.
    And that's why I'm asking if there is anywhere good local for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In fairness of those games are Ds games, and around 10 years old. 2 of the 3ds games are around 3 years old and were part of at least 2 big liquidations of stock (tesco and GameStop) each. And Yoshis Island didn't sell well to my limited knowledge so it can't show up in volume 2nd hand. How impulsive and how rich are you? I'm poor, but I have starfox... ;-)

Starfox can be found in HMV.
    Ocarina of time is in many a gamestop, even though its quite pricey, and can be ordered online from cex.
    I've seen yoshi's island and diddy kong racing in cex the past 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    In fairness of those games are Ds games, and around 10 years old. 2 of the 3ds games are around 3 years old and were part of at least 2 big liquidations of stock (tesco and GameStop) each. And Yoshis Island didn't sell well to my limited knowledge so it can't show up in volume 2nd hand. How impulsive and how rich are you? I'm poor, but I have starfox... ;-)
    Not rich and I shouldnt be buying games anyway but my inner demons just wants to buy games sometimes!

Starfox can be found in HMV.
    Ocarina of time is in many a gamestop, even though its quite pricey, and can be ordered online from cex.
    I've seen yoshi's island and diddy kong racing in cex the past 2 weeks.
    I was in cex in omni today and they had a very poor selection of games.
    I checked gamestop website for ocarina of time and it said out of stock I will try them tomorrow.
    I haven't been in a hmv since they reopened I must have a look.
    Thanks lads.

I'm sure I saw ocarina of time in santry gamestop only a few weeks ago. 39.99 mind.

I'm sure I saw ocarina of time in santry gamestop only a few weeks ago. 39.99 mind.
    That is steep but I might take a look during the week. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

OOT is pricey, even second hand. In a shop I've never seen it for cheaper than €5 under the new price.

Cex has it for 30, but its only in stock in Limerick :(
    First party nintendo, maybe out of print by now I'm not sure, gonna fetch a high price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    Super Mario 64 3d

You're going to have a really hard time finding that.

Maybe you mean 3DLand?

Take a look on adverts, usually a good few 3ds games on there whenever I check, and usually the same ones (most of the ones you want)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

This is killing me.
    337867.png

Guarantee it'll be Friday too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Mr E wrote: »
    Guarantee it'll be Friday too. :)

My bet is the Monday :p

Advertisement