Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You're going to have a really hard time finding that.

Maybe you mean 3DLand?

Take a look on adverts, usually a good few 3ds games on there whenever I check, and usually the same ones (most of the ones you want)
    Nah finished 3d land great game it's the old one I'm chasing. I don't think theirs any of the games on my list on adverts close to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I see Shantae and the pirates Curse is €17 on the eShop, I had expected it to be around €12. I'm not sure now should I go ahead because it is great by all accounts or if I should wait for a promotion or sale.

Is anyone else speculating on whether there will be a sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be Christmas at least before it goes on sale.

For what it's worth, it's great. Got it last night and I'm at the first island (out of 6)

It's about a 10 hour game, I hear there are multiple endings (a 'good' ending and a 'bad' ending, depending on what you do in the game at certain points)

There are also extra rewards for speed runs, 100% collectables etc., so it may be worth multiple playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll be Christmas at least before it goes on sale.

For what it's worth, it's great. Got it last night and I'm at the first island (out of 6)

It's about a 10 hour game, I hear there are multiple endings (a 'good' ending and a 'bad' ending, depending on what you do in the game at certain points)

There are also extra rewards for speed runs, 100% collectables etc., so it may be worth multiple playthroughs.

Feck it i've waited long enough. I'll live like a German and download it at full price tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Guys I'm so excited for the n3ds and MM and MH4! Only 7 more sleeps!

Have it all paid off too, Yippy!

EDIT:
    I see Shantae and the pirates Curse is €17 on the eShop, I had expected it to be around €12. I'm not sure now should I go ahead because it is great by all accounts or if I should wait for a promotion or sale.

Is anyone else speculating on whether there will be a sale?

Hmm, €17. Is very high in my eyes, thought it was gonna be max €12. If I do get it I'll get it on sale and on the 3ds, I hear the 3d is meant to be great.

What's the story with the release of Moon Chronicles in Europe? US has it ages and got the other episodes this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    Nah finished 3d land great game it's the old one I'm chasing. I don't think theirs any of the games on my list on adverts close to me anyway.

Mario 64 on the DS then?

Maybe if you import it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

64 on the DS? Says it in stock in Dublin on cex website, and gamestop will have it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

The Back Page pub in Phibsboro are hosting a Smash Bros. tournament/retro games night tonight, in association with The R.A.G.E.

(Don't have link-posting priviliges yet, so just check out the Facebook pages for The Back Page or The R.A.G.E. for more details...there'll be a Mario Kart 64 competition, a Retron 5 to mess around with, and more stuff.)

Never to been to one of these nights, myself — was gonna bring along my 3DS, in case there's a chance of some multiplayer Luigi's Mansion 2 or something. Unless that's considered poor etiquette for an event like this??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The Back Page pub in Phibsboro are hosting a Smash Bros. tournament/retro games night tonight, in association with The R.A.G.E.

(Don't have link-posting priviliges yet, so just check out the Facebook pages for The Back Page or The R.A.G.E. for more details...there'll be a Mario Kart 64 competition, a Retron 5 to mess around with, and more stuff.)

Never to been to one of these nights, myself — was gonna bring along my 3DS, in case there's a chance of some multiplayer Luigi's Mansion 2 or something. Unless that's considered poor etiquette for an event like this??

If you have a virtual boy bring that, ideal for nights out it is if you can't get your hands on a nomad.

They are missing a trick not going with eight player mario kart double dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Bring it. I've been to a bunch of Mario Kart events and there's always people hanging around in the background with 3DS's playing pokemon/mario kart/smash bros.

• Advertisement

Just announced... how could anyone still want the XL...

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gubbie wrote: »

Because the XL is beautiful...

Though that Skullkid cover set is amazing also.

gubbie wrote: »

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg

That makes me wish my ambassador edition was black

It's just faceplates though. I'm sure you can get them at some stage.

So glad I'm not getting the xl and going for the standard black one this time round. Just seems better to me.

It's just faceplates though. I'm sure you can get them at some stage.

So glad I'm not getting the xl and going for the standard black one this time round. Just seems better to me.

They are all nice in my opinion.

Yeah but those faceplates look good on the black console is what I meant. I don't think they would look great on the White one.

They are all nice in my opinion.

Well yes the xl is very nice looking, just feel ya have way more options with the standard n3ds now. So sick of my red xl since that launched.

Totally have 5 cover plates coming my way already lol. Complete money spinner but sure, options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I literally just paid off my MM 3DS XL but that black Zelda cover looks beautiful. Is that confirmed for Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Bear in mind that face plates aren't region-locked.
    And are less than 20 euro, so you aren't going to be charged any import charges.

Personally, wouldn't pay any more than 9.99 for a faceplate, but I want the Yoshi one badly.

If you order a few of the plates from nippon-yasan, would they charge duties since the total comes to over €20, or is it based per-item? Want to pick a few to buy, just dreading the extra customs I could be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

xenoblade 3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Advertisement

Heya lads quick question for anyone who has got 5 stars on there profile on new super Mario bros 2.
    I have 4 stars one for completing normal game
    One for 3 crowns
    One for star coins
    One for moon coins
    I'm trying to get the fifth which is for completing all levels and unlocking all houses etc. which ive done the only thing I haven't done is all the rainbow levels.
    I'm playing through them now but the question I have before I do all nine is do I have to play the rainbow level after unlocking it and let it disappear again or do I unlock it and have the rainbow showing on the map without playing it.
    I've asked Google but couldn't come up with an answer.
    Thanks.

Heya lads quick question for anyone who has got 5 stars on there profile on new super Mario bros 2.
    I have 4 stars one for completing normal game
    One for 3 crowns
    One for star coins
    One for moon coins
    I'm trying to get the fifth which is for completing all levels and unlocking all houses etc. which ive done the only thing I haven't done is all the rainbow levels.
    I'm playing through them now but the question I have before I do all nine is do I have to play the rainbow level after unlocking it and let it disappear again or do I unlock it and have the rainbow showing on the map without playing it.
    I've asked Google but couldn't come up with an answer.
    Thanks.
    Never mind I got it I was just missing an exit I didn't even need to rainbow levels! That was a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Ironfall: Invasion comes out this Friday as well and uses the c-stick on the New 3DS. I'm curious as to what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Ironfall: Invasion comes out this Friday as well and uses the c-stick on the New 3DS. I'm curious as to what it's like.

Any idea if its CPP compatible, or if all c-stick games are automatically CPP games?

Also, is that the one that's free to play or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Banjo wrote: »
    Any idea if its CPP compatible, or if all c-stick games are automatically CPP games?

Also, is that the one that's free to play or is that wishful thinking on my part?

All CPP games should automagically work with the C-Stick.

chrislad wrote: »
    All CPP games should automagically work with the C-Stick.

Yeah but are all c-stick games that will run on regular 3ds CPP compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Y'know, that's a very good question! Hadn't heard anyone else ask that. I'd imagine it'd be the case, but there's obviously only one way to know for sure.

Games like Majoras Mask that are for the 3DS use the CPP for the extra camera so will work but games like Xenoblade Chronicles that are specifically for the N3DS will not work.

Never thought about that, but I imagine they would be. Does the CPP add the extra buttons too?

• Advertisement

it adds one extra shoulder, I think. I'll get it out of me bag and check...
    hmmmm.... without fitting the 3DS into it I'm unsure. There's 1 shoulder button on the left, 2 on the right. Now I look at it I think the extra one on the right is because you can't reach the R Shoulder on the 3DS when it's in the CPP. So that means the CPP adds an L and R trigger, and extends the reach of the R Shoulder.

Or, if you prefer, "yes".

@Gubbie - yeah, I know there are some games that are N3DS only, but for example there were mentions of Majora's Mask having specific n3DS content. That could, in theory, include control layouts that the 3DS can't natively support but the CPP can, but that they didn't implement for the CPP because that diminishes the wow factor of the n3DS a little... maybe? Since I've yet to play Xenoblade on the Wii/WiiU, and it's the only exclusive I'm aware of, I'm wondering how big an impact the lack of an n3DS needs to have on my life.

@Star Lord - that's because this is a poor person's question. And where are the poor getting all these megabits for posting on the internet? They should be saving them to buy their kids clothes in the Marks n Sparks sale!

Advertisement