Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

gubbie wrote: »

Finally I also have a code for the purple Zelda theme. Anyone want it?

Wouldn't mind it if it's on offer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Aw I'd love it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

System transfer done, Majora redownloaded and Ironfall and random Pokémon demos downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Folks quick question, does a DS charger work for 3DS or is it a different one completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

GAAman wrote:
    Folks quick question, does a DS charger work for 3DS or is it a different one completely?

different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

New discovery, I am terrible at monster hunter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loving Majora's Mask, playing it via my original model 3DS and the Circle Pad Pro.
    That said, I hope it doesn't spoil me and I then find the New 3DS nubbin uncomfortable in comparison.
    Also, I can't transfer my save from the 3DS as all my stuff is on my 3DSXL !
    So I won't play too much more of it, seeing as I'm going to be starting all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is there any way to transfer an item in your Amazon basket to somebody else?
    I have This in my basket for €54.19 delivered, but It hasn't gone through yet, as I haven't topped up my Debit card.
    Anyway, it looks like I mightn't want it, but if there is any way to pass it on to someone else, I'll be happy to. (If anyone wants it).

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loving Majora's Mask, playing it via my original model 3DS and the Circle Pad Pro.
    That said, I hope it doesn't spoil me and I then find the New 3DS nubbin uncomfortable in comparison.
    Also, I can't transfer my save from the 3DS as all my stuff is on my 3DSXL !
    So I won't play too much more of it, seeing as I'm going to be starting all over again.

Doesn't it save the game to the cartridge? So it'll be the same save game no matter which console you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

abbir wrote: »
    Doesn't it save the game to the cartridge? So it'll be the same save game no matter which console you're using.

Mm is a card 1 game so the save is held on the sd card. Card 2 games have the saves on the cartridge (pokemon for example)

• Advertisement

Sure can't you just copy the save data to the other sd card by pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

does save data not transfer aswell when you put it on the new 3ds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

What happens if you try transfer an existing 3DS's info to a new 3DS with a pre-load game (such as the new Majoras 3DSXL)? Is it wiped or is the new data added alongside it with NNID and the like?

Transfers wipe everything on the source 3DS card.

As for preloaded games, they will be wiped, but as it's tied to the system, you can redownload. I just did that with Majora. Though if you create a new NNID on the system before doing the transfer, it can apparently cause issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

cloud493 wrote: »
    New discovery, I am terrible at monster hunter.

Great monster hunters aren't born. They are forged in the fire of a thousand Jaggis burning hearts. Keep at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Unfortunately the original model 3ds is only bring used as I have the circle pad pro, my normal goto 3ds is the Xl and that's what I'll be transferring from.

But, have to say, MM looks incredible, even on the smaller 3ds screen it looks pin sharp, crisp.
    I small part of me mourns the lack of a HD remake for the Wii U though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Lads I picked a new 3ds for myself, Santa got my young lad the 2ds at Christmas, said I would have to get one myself.... :)

It did not come with unique pin number scratch card for club nintendo, same for everyone else..? what can I do !

Cheers

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Lads I picked a new 3ds for myself, Santa got my young lad the 2ds at Christmas, said I would have to get one myself.... :)

It did not come with unique pin number scratch card for club nintendo, same for everyone else..? what can I do !

Cheers

Club nintendo is ending soon, so that's to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

so no pin included in latest release your saying ..?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Think you need to transfer the NNID using the system transfer tool, I have a broken 2ds with all my NES and GBA ambassador games that I can't access need to send it Nintendo for repair but will cost €90+ so not worth the cost atm.

I am finding it very difficult to play Majora's Mask on a 2DS, bad cramps in my hands and even without 3D the screen is very bright and the colours are causing headaches. Plus that damn dog in the foreground of the clock tower won't stop chasing Deku Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I am finding it very difficult to play Majora's Mask on a 2DS, bad cramps in my hands and even without 3D the screen is very bright and the colours are causing headaches. Plus that damn dog in the foreground of the clock tower won't stop chasing Deku Link.
    Yeah that dog is a head wrecker but I'm sure he is their for a reason. I'm not far in but love it so far.
    I don't suffer with cramps how do you control the camera without a second circle pad?
    You can change the brightness in the setting from the 3ds home screen or set it to auto.

Presumably you just use the L button to centre the camera behind you, ocarina of time style.

iamtony wrote: »
    Yeah that dog is a head wrecker but I'm sure he is their for a reason. I'm not far in but love it so far.
    I don't suffer with cramps how do you control the camera without a second circle pad?
    You can change the brightness in the setting from the 3ds home screen or set it to auto.

It's more the colours that are causing headaches I had epilepsy when I was younger and have had issues with games in the past doesn't happen too much anymore, the music in Majora is so sombre and dark the owl theme is great to hear again.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Presumably you just use the L button to centre the camera behind you, ocarina of time style.

Yeah, that's it.
    Just swapped it over to the non extra circle padded 3DSXL from the 3DS with the CPP and it plays just fine. Not having the extra thumb stick doesn't make much of a difference at all.
    Plays as wonderfully as Ocarina of Time 3d did, and still does.

I really do love majoras mask still, but man this game can be obtuse at times. Purists complaining about the additions are dumb, this game badly needed such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Think you need to transfer the NNID using the system transfer tool, I have a broken 2ds with all my NES and GBA ambassador games that I can't access need to send it Nintendo for repair but will cost €90+ so not worth the cost atm.

You can call nintendo to transfer your nnid, you need serials and whatnot.
    This post has been deleted.

if you formatted, no.

Maybe it's still on your NNID, you could phone/email Nintendo to ask, or might be able to see on a Wii U if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

That free to play Pokemon game is in the eshop it's not too bad I've played it for an hour or so and they haven't asked me for money yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

iamtony wrote: »
    That free to play Pokemon game is in the eshop it's not too bad I've played it for an hour or so and they haven't asked me for money yet.

How? You get 5 goes then it needs to recharge at a rate of 15 minutes per heart. Unless you spend ages reading the tutorial text, you're done in about 7 minutes, and it feels like there's still some tutorial to go. I like the game but they've completely misjudged the energy system, in my opinion.

Of course you can buy more energy for diamonds and more diamonds for cash.... Except it won't let you before you progress past a certain point that i haven't using 6 hearts. So I can't pay to play on. This is bananas, it doesn't cater to whales or minnows.

BTW, its a match 3 game where you choose one tile to swap places with another tile anywhere eles on the board. Ie its not identical to candy crush, puzzle quest or puzzle n dragons. Reminds me of something though... Anyway after each round you can catch the opponent , who has a base capture rate of X% + a bonus based on how quickly you beat them. I beat Eevee in one move and still failed to catch it but I think that's scripted to happen. You can also use better pokeballs to boost catch rates but as that's where my energy ran out I didn't get to explore it... (Obviously you've played it, this is for Them ;-) )

I might try again tomorrow but it hasn't got its hooks in me yet so I might not... Yet another fumble by Ninty trying to dabble in revenue stream exploration...

Edit. 15m per heart not 30. Still too slow though, and I was right, the tutorial is ongoing. Still can't contact the server to buy diamonds... Bizarre

Advertisement