Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    How? You get 5 goes then it needs to recharge at a rate of 15 minutes per heart. Unless you spend ages reading the tutorial text, you're done in about 7 minutes, and it feels like there's still some tutorial to go. I like the game but they've completely misjudged the energy system, in my opinion.

Of course you can buy more energy for diamonds and more diamonds for cash.... Except it won't let you before you progress past a certain point that i haven't using 6 hearts. So I can't pay to play on. This is bananas, it doesn't cater to whales or minnows.

BTW, its a match 3 game where you choose one tile to swap places with another tile anywhere eles on the board. Ie its not identical to candy crush, puzzle quest or puzzle n dragons. Reminds me of something though... Anyway after each round you can catch the opponent , who has a base capture rate of X% + a bonus based on how quickly you beat them. I beat Eevee in one move and still failed to catch it but I think that's scripted to happen. You can also use better pokeballs to boost catch rates but as that's where my energy ran out I didn't get to explore it... (Obviously you've played it, this is for Them ;-) )

I might try again tomorrow but it hasn't got its hooks in me yet so I might not... Yet another fumble by Ninty trying to dabble in revenue stream exploration...

Edit. 15m per heart not 30. Still too slow though, and I was right, the tutorial is ongoing. Still can't contact the server to buy diamonds... Bizarre
    Not sure how I just played it and after a certain amount of levels she gave me a free jewel then I got up to level 15 plus an expert level and a special level before I ran out.
    I've never played candy crush but I presumed it was similar, maybe that's why I liked it, as it was new to me.
    You can't buy the diamonds/jewels till after a certain level but I didn't need to anyway, the price of them is very expensive once you do get the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah, OK.I'm quite stubborn with FtP games, I try not to spend the premium currency until I know what the premium item is - storage space, game changing items, rare characters etc- and I hadn't got there by 5 turns. If its been balanced around the assumption that you'll spend that first diamond, then level up and refill your energy so you get 15 to 18 goes on the first pass then ignore my last post.

Unrelated note- if you want a candy crush type game but with RPG style progression, the Big Hero 6 android game is a mishmash of candy crush gameplay with puzzle n dragons character progression, and a dash of puzzle quest character powers

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah, OK.I'm quite stubborn with FtP games, I try not to spend the premium currency until I know what the premium item is - storage space, game changing items, rare characters etc- and I hadn't got there by 5 turns. If its been balanced around the assumption that you'll spend that first diamond, then level up and refill your energy so you get 15 to 18 goes on the first pass then ignore my last post.

Unrelated note- if you want a candy crush type game but with RPG style progression, the Big Hero 6 android game is a mishmash of candy crush gameplay with puzzle n dragons character progression, and a dash of puzzle quest character powers
    I got up to level 25 today and haven't had to wait to play or been tempted to buy anything yet. You get a free jewel every ten levels which buys 5 hearts.
    It is actually pretty enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

yeah, I like the game play, you can take your time and carefully plan massive matches to win in a handful of turns. The catchemon bit is a little tacked on but will help bulk up the game length for those of us who need to catch 'em all. Haven't read the reviews but I gather they're not great. Still, I've played far worse and for far longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Oh I am very stupid. I couldn't for the life of me find out how to link my Nintendo ID (because I didn't see the menu up the top) and formatted my system thinking I must have missed a step during my initial set-up but all I've managed to do is lose the free game that was preloaded onto the system. At least I think that's all :(
    Was it any good?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Which game/system was it? If you go into the menus (I think in the eshop? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) and go to "Previously downloaded" and you may find it there. Not 100% sure if a format allows this to happen or not. Worth a try though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Oh I am very stupid. I couldn't for the life of me find out how to link my Nintendo ID (because I didn't see the menu up the top) and formatted my system thinking I must have missed a step during my initial set-up but all I've managed to do is lose the free game that was preloaded onto the system. At least I think that's all :(
    Was it any good?:o

Majora? :eek: Does it give you the option to re-download it?

sweetie wrote: »

It does after a normal transfer anyway just look at the menu in the top corner when you are in the e shop and there's a section in their called redownloadable content and with a bit of luck it should be their.

Oh it's the smaller N3DS so thankfully not Zelda, jesus that would kill me!!
    I'm not even sure what the game was, I didn't really look. I just thought there was a game on it before that's now disappeared.. Hopefully I could have been wrong but I was quite sure there was.

And if it's not ring nintendo you can't be letting that one slide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Star Lord wrote: »
    Which game/system was it? If you go into the menus (I think in the eshop? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) and go to "Previously downloaded" and you may find it there. Not 100% sure if a format allows this to happen or not. Worth a try though!

4 Swords GBA

I can re-download it seems, it was Tomodachi Life (Welcome Version) :D
    I think I'll pass :P
    After losing my 3DS in 2012 I was so devastated but couldn't afford to spash out on another one until I had an excuse, I'm loving this new 3DS. I actually quite like the c stick. Its nice to have for a camera. A second circle pad would be cool and all but it's nice to have a console that isn't flooded with shooters tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

If you can't get your pre-loaded game back, nintendo would fix you up since you have your serial and receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As long as you didnt make a new NNID account on the New 3DS, it should be fine. Its tied to the hardware, when I switched my old account over, it had the "Redownload" option in the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm not into the whole different face plate thing at all, but this is beautiful.

10989231_10152784298466633_1525392899587754174_n.png?oh=e86714082a43f48729e8ee1fa0c20da2&oe=554D8773

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, meant to post that one earlier. Never even played Xenoblade, but that's just a gorgeous set of plates.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

eshop is down for me. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

maybe its fixed now? its working for me.

Try restarting the console I get that a good bit on the new 3ds but once you restart its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Robbingbandit agree's with me that monster hunter is rubbish :pac: on the other hand, majoras mask has only improved with age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Playing Majora's Mask for the first time and I havent a clue what's going on, is this normal?

Yes, its very obtuse. You need to figure it out, essentially, which the game don't exactly help with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yes MM is more a race to get stuff done than exploring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't be afraid to use a walkthrough if stuck, no sense in letting the game sit there for 15 years unplayed, like I did with the N64 original!

In terms of the very beginning (slight spoilers)
    - enter clock town
    - go to north clock town
    - if you have enough rupee's, buy tingles maps.
    - go to where the fairy is, and find out she's missing a stray fairy
    - find the missing fairy in the laundry pool
    - this gets you the bubble ability, which you use to shoot down the balloon right outside the fairy's cave.
    - play the bomber boys game, and get the code to enter their hideout (write it down)
    - use the code to get to the observatory, use the telescope to look at the top of the tower in clock, then you'll see the moon drop something. Grab the moons tear outside, and go back to clock town.
    - swap the moons tear you have with the business scrub in south clock town by the tower for his deku flower patch.
    - once you do that, gotta wait till the final day. Grab some rupee's maybe, and grab the heart piece,
    - once its the right time, go the top of the tower, cutscene with the skull kid, use the bubble to shoot the ocarina out of the skullkid's hand
    - grab it, and you re-learn the song of time. Play it, go back to the first day, and go back to the happy mask salesman.

Please use spoiler tags for spoiling content/giving guides!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

If you are stuck in MM use the gossip stone in the clock tower

cloud493 wrote: »
    In terms of the very beginning (slight spoilers)

- enter clock town
    - go to north clock town
    - if you have enough rupee's, buy tingles maps.
    - go to where the fairy is, and find out she's missing a stray fairy
    - find the missing fairy in the laundry pool
    - this gets you the bubble ability, which you use to shoot down the balloon right outside the fairy's cave.
    - play the bomber boys game, and get the code to enter their hideout (write it down)
    - use the code to get to the observatory, use the telescope to look at the top of the tower in clock, then you'll see the moon drop something. Grab the moons tear outside, and go back to clock town.
    - swap the moons tear you have with the business scrub in south clock town by the tower for his deku flower patch.
    - once you do that, gotta wait till the final day. Grab some rupee's maybe, and grab the heart piece,
    - once its the right time, go the top of the tower, cutscene with the skull kid, use the bubble to shoot the ocarina out of the skullkid's hand
    - grab it, and you re-learn the song of time. Play it, go back to the first day, and go back to the happy mask salesman.

Ye i have done all that and am now at the swamp and have learned another song the sonata of wakening. I'm just confused over the time limit.

When you get to the final day, you play the song of time. You keep your masks, weapons, and the sonata of awakening. But you lose rupee's (unless you put them in the bank) ammo for weapons (like arrows) And the swamp will be poisoned again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ye i have done all that and am now at the swamp and have learned another song the sonata of wakening. I'm just confused over the time limit.

This is what I did, more or less, I'm currently in Woodfall temple, well in the game anyway. I'm not actually in Woodfall Temple, I'm at work....
    Head for Woodfall, assuming you gave enough time, and unlock the Owl statue there.
    You can warp back to the bank in the town and deposit your rupees before playing the song of time and going back to the start.
    Then play the Song of Time in reverse, slowing down time, and warp to Woodfall again before making your careful way to the platform where you play a certain tune you just learned.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, in Woodfall Temple now:)

Advertisement