Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Cheers guys, in Woodfall Temple now:)

If you're about to go into a temple, you're best off going day 1, 6am. With slowing time then it should give you between a day and a day and a half to complete anything else. Temple progress gets reset once you play the song of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

This guide is pretty helpful if your to trying to do it yourself rather than reading it line by line in a guide. http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-1685640961

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Who knew completely formatting a 32 gb sd card could take so long.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Did Xenoblade 3DS have a date already? I can't remember. Well anyway it does now. 2nd April.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B-xbF22W8AApanf.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I posted this in 'new Ninty gets' already but might as well show these things off here too ☺

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Corholio wrote: »
    Did Xenoblade 3DS have a date already? I can't remember. Well anyway it does now. 2nd April.

cant seem to find it on amazon for pre order yet, gameseek and the game collection have it up tho. gameseek have it for 39 euro delivered which seems decent enough but might wait to see what amazon have it for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Persona Q is glorious

Monster hunter 3 or monster hunter 4 or both?
    Which one should I get?

I see free DLC is coming to MH4 on the 6th, hmm.

Can I get either of them somewhere for €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

On that note, is MH4 worth it? I tried the demo, and truthfully, I wasn't that impressed. Graphically, it looked fairly brown, and it was hard to make out enemies. I just tried the beginner hunt, so it was only about 10 minutes. Is the demo a poor reflection on the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Monster hunter 3 or monster hunter 4 or both?
    Which one should I get?

I see free DLC is coming to MH4 on the 6th, hmm.

Can I get either of them somewhere for €30?

I'd go with 4, reviews I've seen say its the best of the series so far. I'd definitely recommend a circle pad pro for camera movement though, unless you already have a New 3DS of course. I've only started playing it but good fun so far.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd go with 4, reviews I've seen say its the best of the series so far. I'd definitely recommend a circle pad pro for camera movement though, unless you already have a New 3DS of course. I've only started playing it but good fun so far.

Yup have a n3ds, I remember trying the mh3 demo a few years back and just didn't get what was happening but I also hear that capcom just won't do a decent tutorial for mh games. That's what puts most people off as things are not explained well. But I'm willing to give one of them a go.

If I can find MH4 for a decent price I might go for it. But is 3 ok for a 'n00b' so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

some deals on MH4 from the game collection and rakuten currently. see HUKD site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yup have a n3ds, I remember trying the mh3 demo a few years back and just didn't get what was happening but I also hear that capcom just won't do a decent tutorial for mh games. That's what puts most people off as things are not explained well. But I'm willing to give one of them a go.

If I can find MH4 for a decent price I might go for it. But is 3 ok for a 'n00b' so to speak?

Well I'm a complete beginner also, I played MH3U on the Wii-U for a bit but never got that far, great game I just didn't have the time to invest. Neither game has great tutorials but if you stick with it for the first few hours it begins to click.

ProJared on YT has 3 beginner tutorials for 3U which equally apply to 4 and he's also created another one specifically for 4, all worth a watch imo.

If it was me, I'd spend the extra few quid and get 4 over 3. Only reason to get 3 would be the Wii-U version to play on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Persona Q is glorious

It is good fun
    I came to it knowing nothing about the Persona universe. I still know nothing about the persona universe. I'm not a fan of the First Person viewpoint, and the fact that you can't change your party leader to allow you to grind everyone up to a level playingfield annoys me (so you end up sticking with your original line-up, no matter how badly you chose, unless you sort things out early on) but these are niggles...

MH 3 or 4 - Go four. You can play online with a 3DS. That's worth whatever extra you have to spend.
    MH4 is also supposed to be the most accessible of the MH titles to date, which is saying a lot considering how impenetrable they can seem starting out.
    CPP / N3DS is a must. The camera is a pig to move using the 3DS touchpad or just relying on the shoulder reset, and you need the touchscreen real-estate for better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm currently playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I am not enjoying it.
    The scenes in the courtroom are far too long and tedious and I've resorted to using my hint coins to get me through (I know, it's against the object of the game).
    I feel there aren't as many puzzles as previous games and the whole thing is just a big reading game.
    I didn't enjoy Azran Legacy either, but I loved the first three.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I have monster hunter 3 ultimate for the 3DS I have yet to play it on my NN3DS but it is good like you have to get in to it and grind a lot in it also. You have to do a lot of repetitive things in it at first and the quests are bad for the first few but then they get good when you find out what weapon is your favourite and you know what's going on ! I haven't got MH4 yet because I've loadsa games to get through haha. If you want to pick up MH3U cheap you can get it in a shop called cex and its €35 they have a lot of stock now because a lot of people traded it in for MH4U ! So if you want to join the series you could pick it up in cex and trade a game in with it so you don't have to pay the full €35!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm currently playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I am not enjoying it.
    The scenes in the courtroom are far too long and tedious and I've resorted to using my hint coins to get me through (I know, it's against the object of the game).
    I feel there aren't as many puzzles as previous games and the whole thing is just a big reading game.
    I didn't enjoy Azran Legacy either, but I loved the first three.

I'm guessing you've never played a Phoenix Wright game? They are basically visual novels and the court room scenes are a major part of them. Personally I love the court sections, they were my favourite part of Layton vs Wright, but I can see how they might be offputting to a Layton fan who wants more puzzles instead. There are definitely less Layton puzzles in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

elekid wrote: »
    I'm guessing you've never played a Phoenix Wright game? They are basically visual novels and the court room scenes are a major part of them. Personally I love the court sections, they were my favourite part of Layton vs Wright, but I can see how they might be offputting to a Layton fan who wants more puzzles instead. There are definitely less Layton puzzles in it.

You're right, I've never played Phoenix Wright before and I have played every Professor Layton game so far, so yeah I was probably expecting it to be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

fussyonion wrote: »
    You're right, I've never played Phoenix Wright before and I have played every Professor Layton game so far, so yeah I was probably expecting it to be the same.

It's really a mixture of gameplay from both.

I like to take the court bits slow, listen to the music, read all the dialogue and try out all the options before giving the right answer. It's usually pretty funny. If you just don't like it I don't really know what advice I could give apart from what you're already doing with the hints coins

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm nearly finished the first Ace Attorney. Hate to admit it, but I think the investigation goes on a bit too long at times.

But I do like the Phoenix Wright "Boot to the head" sketch on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Been looking at getting a 3ds/n3ds for a while and reckon I might as well go ahead and just do it. Whats the best price around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Been looking at getting a 3ds/n3ds for a while and reckon I might as well go ahead and just do it. Whats the best price around?

Try amazon.fr

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just don't waste money on their fast shipping if you do!

My Zelda plates have changed on the Nintendo store to "Awaiting dispatch"

Don't know yet which ones will be the first to put on it.

Currently knitting myself a Kirby themed cover. Happy so far with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

gubbie wrote: »
    My Zelda plates have changed on the Nintendo store to "Awaiting dispatch"

Don't know yet which ones will be the first to put on it.

Currently knitting myself a Kirby themed cover. Happy so far with it!

Man a kirby themed cover sounds awesome.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Man a kirby themed cover sounds awesome.

I hope it turns out ok...

Here's my this evenings work:

i1wg4H9.jpg

(Don't be too critical, I'm a very dirty knitter and am just learning intarsia)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I ordered one from amazon.fr, to my parcel motel (saves on irish vat).
    I just hope DHL aren't picky about delivering to Parcel Motel.
    EUR 165.89 to Amazon, with 3.95 extra for PM.
    Totalling 169.84 Euro.

Compared with EUR 172.36 getting it to my door.
    What am I going to do with the €2.52 ? Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Totalling 169.84 Euro.

I've used parcel motel loads of times with the likes of ups and dhl, they're grand with it they sign for it up north not a problem. I done it with my n3ds from amazon.fr infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Totalling 169.84 Euro.

For €2.52 I'd have just got it delivered to my house. No wasting time collecting it from parcel motel, no worry over whether they will deliver to parcel motel and is be contributing to our tax haul :)

But I'd get a packet of dark chocolate digestives and a tin of heinz beans out of the €2.52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    For €2.52 I'd have just got it delivered to my house. No wasting time collecting it from parcel motel, no worry over whether they will deliver to parcel motel and is be contributing to our tax haul :)

For me they wouldn't be able to deliver to my house, and then I'd have to drag my ass to one of the An Post centres to collect the 'failed delivery' within their hours, whereas I drive past a Parcel Motel on my way home.

Advertisement