Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    For me they wouldn't be able to deliver to my house, and then I'd have to drag my ass to one of the An Post centres to collect the 'failed delivery' within their hours, whereas I drive past a Parcel Motel on my way home.

Oh yeah, never though of that. They just leave stuff in my back porch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    But I'd get a packet of dark chocolate digestives and a tin of heinz beans out of the €2.52.

Is that some sort of weird 'beans on toast' alternative? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is that some sort of weird 'beans on toast' alternative? :pac:

For dipping obviously!

Beans must be cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    For €2.52 I'd have just got it delivered to my house. No wasting time collecting it from parcel motel, no worry over whether they will deliver to parcel motel and is be contributing to our tax haul :)

But I'd get a packet of dark chocolate digestives and a tin of heinz beans out of the €2.52.

Added benefit is I work all day monday to friday's, so I'd have to trek up to the postal depo on the weekend, PM has a box not too far from work, so I can collect it the morning it arrives there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like the Nintendo UK Store guys messed up royally with the new Zelda cover plates, and had the wrong product ID on each of them, so everybody got the wrong plates. Unless they ordered both of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Sounds like the Nintendo UK Store guys messed up royally with the new Zelda cover plates, and had the wrong product ID on each of them, so everybody got the wrong plates. Unless they ordered both of course.

Part of me hopes this means the skull kid plates will become available again soon as I've still not gotten any at a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Apologies, as it feels a bit like doing this:
    rubitin.jpg

... but...

My cover plates just arrived! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Apologies, as it feels a bit like doing this:
    rubitin.jpg

... but...

My cover plates just arrived! \o/

Nice man! Show pics when you can I'd be interested in seeing non promo shots of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Sorry if it was asked, where's the cheapest place for MH4?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if that has been mentioned already, free Monster Hunter 4 DLC on the first Friday of every month, yesterday being the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked up my 3ds and loving it. Have Mario kart and professor Layton. What would people recommend for my next purchase.

Delighted I took the plunge . Beat buy since ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

CptMackey wrote: »
    Picked up my 3ds and loving it. Have Mario kart and professor Layton. What would people recommend for my next purchase.

Delighted I took the plunge . Beat buy since ps2

IGN have a fairly up to date list of their top 25 games which is a decent starting point for good games: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/the-top-25-nintendo-3ds-games

Personally I'd recommend

Mario 3D Land
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Zelda (all 3 are good but OOT is my favourite)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well what are you into?
    Luigi's mansion, pokemon ORAS, fire emblem, Kirby triple deluxe, Ollie Ollie, animal crossing, monster hunter, any of the Zelda's, attack of the Friday monsters, ghost recon, fantasy life, tamodachi life, dkc returns, shovel knight, persona q, pocket football club, super Mario 3d land, metal gear solid, DOA, resident evil revelations, pushblox, mutant Mudd's, smash bros.

There are options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Banjo wrote: »
    Well what are you into?
    Luigi's mansion, pokemon ORAS, fire emblem, Kirby triple deluxe, Ollie Ollie, animal crossing, monster hunter, any of the Zelda's, attack of the Friday monsters, ghost recon, fantasy life, tamodachi life, dkc returns, shovel knight, persona q, pocket football club, super Mario 3d land, metal gear solid, DOA, resident evil revelations, pushblox, mutant Mudd's, smash bros.

There are options
    Would def take a look at the platformers. Last time I played Pokemon was on the game boy so might be worth a look.

Must take a look into your list and see what I would like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Personally I brought my 3DS For Bravely Default and the Zelda Series, but there is an amazing back catalog on the 3ds, and that before you even look at the regular DS catalog. 3DS wise, I think its anything Zelda, the Pokemon series, Fire Emblem. Have a look yourself though, there is a huge range of games, and there are some real hidden gems worth playing as well. I just got my copy of Okamiden, its in the to-do pile !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone play 3d Outrun yet? Any good?
    I hear it's fantastic but I trust you lot more...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

smokingman wrote: »

No I haven't first ive heArd of this game since the 90's so it's just been put on my to buy list thanks. I'm only halfway through majora's Mask so as soon as I finish it this will be my next buy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, it's fantastic and only a fiver.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

God damn it for a fiver I'll just get it now:-D

• Advertisement

Had to after that!
    You're right though, it's brilliant!
    Brings a lot of memories back too :)

I'd love a 3D F-Zero!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

3d Virtua Racing, have to aim high!

3d Virtua Racing, have to aim high!

I'm sure that system could do a 3d Daytona....now THAT would be amazing!

I'm sure that system could do a 3d Daytona....now THAT would be amazing!

Not a conversion of the Megadrive game either, I'd be looking to a conversion of the arcade game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ive downloaded ace attorney dual destinies demo on the eshop and have to say i kinda enjoyed the demo so i brought the full game, i see that the ds trillogy is on sale too, is it worth picking up? im in two minds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I finished Ocarina of Time 3D and Pokemon Shuffle today. One is much better than the other.

I finished Ocarina of Time 3D and Pokemon Shuffle today. One is much better than the other.

Did you spend any money of shuffle? I've been tempted once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

iamtony wrote: »
    Did you spend any money of shuffle? I've been tempted once or twice.

Nope, I'd consider it a personal defeat to give money to any micro-transaction driven game. Of course I should really have considered it a personal defeat that I put 15 hours into it. Average play time was 8 minutes though which gives you an idea just how much it revolves around trying to get you to spend money.

• Advertisement

I'm playing away on Majora's Mask on my New 3DS and bugger me but its just brilliant.
    I am now further than I ever had gotten in the original and it's such a delight to play what feels to me like a brand new game.

Advertisement