Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm playing away on Majora's Mask on my New 3DS and bugger me but its just brilliant.
    I am now further than I ever had gotten in the original and it's such a delight to play what feels to me like a brand new game.
    im doing the same I'm just entering the third temple and decided to take a break as my battery is nearly deAd and I had it fully charged when I started playing. Takes a while to get your head around the time warp thing and having a time limit on certain quests/side quests but once you know what your doing it's great.
    I've never played it before so it's all new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently xenoblade is out on Thursday 2nd. Kinda weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently xenoblade is out on Thursday 2nd. Kinda weird.

2nd of April?
    And there was me saving my pennies for Bloodborne.
    I do have the special edition of Xenoblade on the Wii though, should I open it or play the 3DS version instead.
    Decisions, decisions...

Of course, I could flog it on eBay and buy it for the 3ds and have enough left over for Bloodborne!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

2nd of April?
    I do have the special edition of Xenoblade on the Wii though, should I open it or play the 3DS version instead.
    Decisions, decisions...

Of course, I could flog it on eBay and buy it for the 3ds and have enough left over for Bloodborne!

Get the 3ds version and play it and keep the either one sealed.

2nd of April?
    Decisions, decisions...

You get bloodborne and xenoblade and dark souls 2 remastered! (which is out on the same day as xenoblade)

• Advertisement

Apparently that friday is good friday, hence the release has been moved up a day. Awesome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Apparently that friday is good friday, hence the release has been moved up a day. Awesome :pac:

They should have released it on the Friday and dubbed it 'Blood Friday'.

16253263244_d98f16c2c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Argos have the Majora's Mask cover plates listed online for €19.99. My local store has one in stock, just one day after the cover plates I bought from Amazon.de for an extra tenner arrived. I can't complain too much; the design looks gorgeous on my New 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Argos have the Majora's Mask cover plates listed online for €19.99. My local store has one in stock, just one day after the cover plates I bought from Amazon.de for an extra tenner arrived. I can't complain too much; the design looks gorgeous on my New 3DS.

Just got the last one in Jervis. I love you!

Speaking of majora's mask I just did the third main dungeon without using a guide or anything and got to the last boss with 5 minutes on the clock and couldn't beat him in time so now I've to start from my last checkpoint which was at the beginning of the level. God damn it!!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

iamtony wrote: »
    Speaking of majora's mask I just did the third main dungeon without using a guide or anything and got to the last boss with 5 minutes on the clock and couldn't beat him in time so now I've to start from my last checkpoint which was at the beginning of the level. God damn it!!!'

A trick you can use; once you get to the boss and face him once, play the Song of Soaring to go back to the start of the dungeon. Then go back in time to the first day. When you go back to the dungeon it will allow you to skip straight to the boss.

abbir wrote: »
    A trick you can use; once you get to the boss and face him once, play the Song of Soaring to go back to the start of the dungeon. Then go back in time to the first day. When you go back to the dungeon it will allow you to skip straight to the boss.

Thanks for the info before I try that when you say face him, you mean face him and die but I don't have to beat him? And once that portal to the bosses layer is open it doesn't disappear after the reset?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reverse song of time will slow down the progression of time and give you breathing room.

Reverse song of time will slow down the progression of time and give you breathing room.

Yeah I had reset time and played the reverse song just before i entered the dungeon and I still ran out!
    As I said I didn't use a guide or anything and I found most of the fairies but had to give up on the last couple as time was running out. Pain in the hole having to do it all again! At least I know what I'm doing now so should fly through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

iamtony wrote: »
    Thanks for the info before I try that when you say face him, you mean face him and die but I don't have to beat him? And once that portal to the bosses layer is open it doesn't disappear after the reset?

What I mean by face him, is just have him show up and the battle start. You don't have to die or beat him. Play the Song of Soaring so you escape the battle. Then there is a warp point straight to the boss at the entrance of the temple . You can then play the song of time, go back to day 1, go back to the temple and go straight to the boss. That portal doesn't reset.

(As far as I remember this was different in the N64 version so only applies to 3ds version)

What I mean by face him, is just have him show up and the battle start. You don't have to die or beat him. Play the Song of Soaring so you escape the battle. Then there is a warp point straight to the boss at the entrance of the temple . You can then play the song of time, go back to day 1, go back to the temple and go straight to the boss. That portal doesn't reset.

(As far as I remember this was different in the N64 version so only applies to 3ds version)
    Ok that's good to know I'm flying through it this time around so hopefully won't need it in this temple now anyway. thanks.

Reviews are coming in for xenoblade :D

GamesRadar – 4.5 / 5
    GameSpot – 8 / 10
    Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
    Gamereactor UK – 9 / 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Reviews are coming in for xenoblade :D

GamesRadar – 4.5 / 5
    GameSpot – 8 / 10
    Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
    Gamereactor UK – 9 / 10

Awesome! Have it preordered with smyths but I have no idea when I'll get around to actually playing it.

Also if anyone is interested in cover plates, gamestop on Henry st in Dublin have a couple of the MM one for €20 and the black triforce one at the same price right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I want to buy xenoblade but..

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11401

Combine that with a monster game backlog and an inability to be happy with a game purchase unless you have finished it..

Good thing I didnt get monster hunter 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

imitation wrote: »
    I want to buy xenoblade but..

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11401

Combine that with a monster game backlog and an inability to be happy with a game purchase unless you have finished it..

Good thing I didnt get monster hunter 4

Think of how good it will look sitting on the shelf though!

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Think of how good it will look sitting on the shelf though!

Ill get a set of n3ds plates that wont fit my xl and put them next to each other, it can be ironic art for dinner parties.

There is also the fact I can keep the dream of quitting my job and going on a 6 month gaming binge alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just got a *New* 3DS. Thought the charger from me Wii U gamepad would charge it, but it wouldnt fit. Had to run up to Argos to get the proper one.

BTW, is there any fancy interactions or stuff I can do now that I have both a New 3DS and a Wii U?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you own Smash Bros, on both platforms, yes. It can act as a surrogate gamepad. Otherwise...well there's eshop crossbuy on Tipping Stars and OlliOlli. And... Uh... Hey look, a Shulk Amiibo! *scarpers*

Huge pinch of salt here obviously, but if its true....

vDEEZbI.gif

g688ooE.png

Huge pinch of salt here obviously, but if its true....

vDEEZbI.gif

g688ooE.png

That would be amazing! If they are going to port GameCube games (please!!!!!) Port RE4!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

RE4 has been ported to death, just let it rest!

Thousand Year Door is a superb game, and looks great in those pics. I've always thought the Paper Mario games would look great on the 3ds!

Star Lord wrote: »
    RE4 has been ported to death, just let it rest!

Thousand Year Door is a superb game, and looks great in those pics. I've always thought the Paper Mario games would look great on the 3ds!

Yup I know that but it's one of my favourite games so I'd like to see it again.

Actually port most of gamecubes games, amazing system.

Jaysus don't port resi 4. MGS 3 on 3DS runs terribly.

Jaysus don't port resi 4. MGS 3 on 3DS runs terribly.

Almost brought mgs for 15quid, but i was suspicious of the low price. Glad i didnt now !

• Advertisement

They perhaps might have aimed for more of a compilation.
    Paper Mario on the N64, GameCube, Wii, the Mario & Luigi RPG titles on the GBA, DS and 3DS, heck even Mario RPG on the SNES.
    Of course, upon buying that compilation you'd be sorted and wouldn't need to buy another game for some time, good thinking Nintendo....
    Still, I wouldn't say there are that many who have played the GC title so its cool for them to finally sample the goodness.
    And while you're at it Ninty, FZeroGX 3D please?

Advertisement