Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They perhaps might have aimed for more of a compilation.
    Paper Mario on the N64, GameCube, Wii, the Mario & Luigi RPG titles on the GBA, DS and 3DS, heck even Mario RPG on the SNES.
    Of course, upon buying that compilation you'd be sorted and wouldn't need to buy another game for some time, good thinking Nintendo....
    Still, I wouldn't say there are that many who have played the GC title so its cool for them to finally sample the goodness.
    And while you're at it Ninty, FZeroGX 3D please?

No! Just FZero!

Actually might be a good to set up a thread about what games we would like see ported to the 3DS.
    Personally I'd go Castlevania 64 or Superman 64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its worth pointing out theres some strong rumours of a nintendo direct on the near horizon. And its not like we got much else 3DS wise on the horizon, xenoblade and code steam are the only notable things I can think of with release dates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah if they port GX it better be to the Wii-U - it belongs on the big screen with proper controllers, not the 3DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah if they port GX it better be to the Wii-U - it belongs on the big screen with proper controllers, not the 3DS.

Though I think I'd rather a new FZero on the WiiU and GX for the 3DS, but a HD version of the GC original would be pretty amazing, seeing as it's still a superb looking racing game.
    Which is odd, given how poorly PS2 and Xbox racing games of the same era have dated, even the good ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah I think it's just a personal preference that I'm used to DX on a big screen, would be a step backwards to put it on a handheld imo (especially if they were to limit it to the New 3DS models only). But beggars can't be choosers I guess, some/any GC love from Nintendo whether on Wii-U or 3DS would be appreciated. Thousand Year Door would be a nice start. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10034

This is just a god damn lie! Average 20 hours to complete majora's mask I'm 38 hours in and I'm only on the 4th temple now nor have I done any of the spider houses. And still have a few long side quests to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Random one this, but would anyone have a spare manual for Zelda Phantom Hourglass for the DS? Would reimburse of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The music in the Software Library section of the 3DS menu is really lovely.

iamtony wrote: »
    http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10034

This is just a god damn lie! Average 20 hours to complete majora's mask I'm 38 hours in and I'm only on the 4th temple now nor have I done any of the spider houses. And still have a few long side quests to do.

Took me 46 hours in the end. Best game I've played in a long time. Only disappointment was the final battle was way too easy with that fierce mask thing think I'll give it a go without at some stage. I'm all Zelda'd out for now though.
    How anyone actually finds all all the little secrets without a guide is beyond me. I always try without a guide but look when I'm stuck which was a lot!
    Also where the hell was Zelda!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Quick one.
    For anyone with a NEW 3DS, have you used an SDXC micro SD card in it, and has it worked? Or will I need a normal class 10 micro SD card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Quick one.
    For anyone with a NEW 3DS, have you used an SDXC micro SD card in it, and has it worked? Or will I need a normal class 10 micro SD card?

as long as you format your mirco sd to fat32, it'll work.

I have a 64gb sdhc in it.
    You won't get the better speeds, but you'll get the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

For anyone who still hasn't got a new 3DS there is a good deal going on now on littlewoods.

Regular console with Monster hunter 4 & Smash Bros & A charger for €259 (White & Black)

XL Models with the same games and charger for €289 (Metalic Blue & Black)

Just thought I would let you all know ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone pick up Xenoblade 3D yet? Is it in stock anywhere? I preordered it on toys.ie a while back but not sure if they even got it in. In two minds about getting is as I have Bloodborne winging it's way to me at the moment.

What's people's thoughts on Codename STEAM?
    played the demo last night, and, hmm, looks good, but something just doesn't sit right with me, dunno.

I'm going to pick up my Xenoblade now I have it payed off in gamestop.

Code name steam is not worth the steam of my....

And I can't wait to get bloodborne !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

I've gotten Xenoblade a day early as I ordered it from the UK, only played 15 minutes of it. As someone who didn't play this on the Wii back in the day I've enjoyed it so far, graphics are reasonably good and the 3D looks great on it. The voice acting is a little dodgy so far as seeing these very eastern designed characters with thick british accents doesn't really work for me, especially the characters apparently huge eyes. The combat is pretty good and the interface for it is solid and easy to understand. C stick controls the camera as you would expect.

So far so good, going to put a few hours into it today and i'll come back with an updated verdict on it

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    I'm going to pick up my Xenoblade now I have it payed off in gamestop.

Code name steam is not worth the steam of my....

And I can't wait to get bloodborne !

Cool, Xenoblade 3d isn't showing up on gamstops website, only X is showing up so, hope they have it in stock for you!

I'm trying to contact smyths, no answer on phone as usual and my order says unavailable/embargo so I'm a little confused by that.

Yeah Bloodborne, never played any of the soul games, so I'm brand new to it all. Willing to give it a shot. Ordered it from Amazon France, day be for release there and it only dispatched yesterday. Will be a while till I get to it.

EJ22 wrote: »
    I've gotten Xenoblade a day early as I ordered it from the UK, only played 15 minutes of it. As someone who didn't play this on the Wii back in the day I've enjoyed it so far, graphics are reasonably good and the 3D looks great on it. The voice acting is a little dodgy so far as seeing these very eastern designed characters with thick british accents doesn't really work for me, especially the characters apparently huge eyes. The combat is pretty good and the interface for it is solid and easy to understand. C stick controls the camera as you would expect.

So far so good, going to put a few hours into it today and i'll come back with an updated verdict on it

Thanks for that! I started it on the Wii a few years back but never got into it. But I think as a handheld I'll like it more.

How come no one is talking about this game? Prob gonna sell really badly due to it being only for the n3ds. Pity.

Ugh, turns out Xenoblade 3d is (again) becoming hard to find.

Went into smyths to collect my pre-order, guy behind the counter WOULDN'T sell me my copy because it was click and collect but it behind the counter for me and have to wait till Tuesday for it to be charged to my card and had to go through their head office or some typical Irish retail rubbish like that (idk), and all other copies were gone.

Left in a bit of a rage, checked Argos, sold out, went up to gamestop on Henry st, sold out, went to gamestop on liffy st, guy behind the counter said it's not out till tomorrow (sigh), I explained to him it's released today so he rang another store to check and sure enough it is for sale. He had 4 copies €50 each, bought one so there is 3 left if anyone is looking for a copy get up there now.

What is up with Nintendo, it's the first game made/ported specifically for the New 3DS and stock is impossible to get, surely they know people would be picking it up?

Luckily for me that guy in gamestop just didn't know it was released. But now my original copy from smyths will sit there until Tuesday, which is stupid. I won't be getting it in smyths so anyone wanting a copy from there go up on Wednesday I guess.

/rant.

I pre ordered mine and payed in full a while ago and picked it up no problem today ! Have just played the opening sequence as I have no time this weekend which is crap haha. Can't wait to get stuck into it !

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    I pre ordered mine and payed in full a while ago and picked it up no problem today ! Have just played the opening sequence as I have no time this weekend which is crap haha. Can't wait to get stuck into it !

Yeah when I preordered there was no option to pay, website said I would be charged on my card on day of release, I really just don't understand the logic of it going through their head office over the weekend then back to the store to collect on Tuesday, when it's behind the counter with my name on it, with me there with my registered credit card in hand and email receipt on my phone, and I have to wait till Tuesday to buy it? Mind boggles.

Anyway, I cancelled my order with smyths, so logic says, someone else can buy it now in the jervis smyths.

I got it from symths there, haven't started it yet mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Waiting for mine in the post, i dont think theres post tomorrow so twill be Tuesday for me. I dont mind tho have a backlog to get through. And little time to get through them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I really wish Nintendo would overhaul their online + friends capabilities. Every time I pick up a new game its so difficult to jump in with a friend online.

This port of xenoblade is rubbish frankly. Well disappointed.

cloud493 wrote: »

I've never played it before do you think I will find it rubbish, or Are you just comparing it to the console version?

Aww really? Why so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Reviews dont seem back, and the 30 min i played seemed ok, its abit cramped in places, buts not as bad as borderlands on the vita.

It looks terrible, chuggy frame rate, and its really cramped. C-nub doesn't lend itself well to this kinda game.

The game is great ? If you judge a game on graphics you're mad. It's a port of a Wii game. Think of all the games you remember from back in the day the graphics don't mean anything if the story & gameplay is amazing which it is. Don't know how you could be disappointed really unless you've never played a JRPG ever. It's one of the best if not the best JRPG of the last decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So, looks like Level-5 have decided not to bring Layton 7 and Fantasy Life 2 to the 3DS, and these instead are going to Android / iOS devices. :(

On the plus side though, they are bringing the game Yo-Kai Watch to the west, which is apparently huge in Japan. It's essentially Pokémon with ghosts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Star Lord wrote: »
    So, looks like Level-5 have decided not to bring Layton 7 and Fantasy Life 2 to the 3DS, and these instead are going to Android / iOS devices.

Oh no, I hope that doesn't set a precedent.

Advertisement