Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cloud493 wrote: »
    This port of xenoblade is rubbish frankly. Well disappointed.

I don't think so really. I'm about 8 hours in at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it. The game can be a bit busy at times, and would certainly be better on a larger screen, but it's perfectly usable and I'm really looking forward to putting a few more hours in tonight. I've not play the Wii version, but I'll definitely be getting the new Wii U version based off this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't think so really. I'm about 8 hours in at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it. The game can be a bit busy at times, and would certainly be better on a larger screen, but it's perfectly usable and I'm really looking forward to putting a few more hours in tonight. I've not play the Wii version, but I'll definitely be getting the new Wii U version based off this.

I just saw a copy of it for sale in CEX in Santry for €45.
    Not much of a discount but at least they give good prices if you are trading in against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Reckon I might trade it in myself. Look for something new, or replay something fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

cloud493 wrote:
    Reckon I might trade it in myself. Look for something new, or replay something fun.

Have you finished it ?

I have not, I've given it 4 and half hours, much as I'm giving it.

• Advertisement

What don't you like about it ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    What don't you like about it ?!

Hasn't this been addressed? The resolution is low, the frame rate is low and the poly count isn't what it could be. That's not Graphics whoring, that's motion sickness. It doesn't affect everyone but if you're one of the chosen few there's not a lot you can do about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a xenoblade player, MH4 is my mistress

Banjo wrote: »
    Hasn't this been addressed? The resolution is low, the frame rate is low and the poly count isn't what it could be. That's not Graphics whoring, that's motion sickness. It doesn't affect everyone but if you're one of the chosen few there's not a lot you can do about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a xenoblade player, MH4 is my mistress

Course Mh4 is your mistress banjo, you strumpet.

I'll be getting MH4 when I know I have time !

Where could one purchase Xenoblade cover plates for the new 3DS now ? Because I see that they are sold out everywhere !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nooo. My N3DS just shat it's battery and won't hold a charge anymore. Is this a common issue?

Still well under warranty with Amazon.fr but just not looking forward to potentially having to post it back to France (via Tamworth).:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I dunno where to put this so I'll just stick it here.

I have a free Shiny Charizard code going begging. I assume it'd work in Ireland and I'd rather give it (it's free) to a big Irish Pokemon fan if possible but I dunno how to find one!

gubbie wrote: »
    I dunno where to put this so I'll just stick it here.

I have a free Shiny Charizard code going begging. I assume it'd work in Ireland and I'd rather give it (it's free) to a big Irish Pokemon fan if possible but I dunno how to find one!

We have a Facebook group :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

cloud493 wrote: »
    We have a Facebook group :o

Any idea if the code works in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You could always use the Pokemon forum to give it away!

gubbie wrote: »
    Any idea if the code works in Ireland?

I believe it does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd be happy to try it and report back my findings :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So the N3DS has Unity support now. That's certainly a thing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So the N3DS has Unity support now. That's certainly a thing

What can we expect then?
    Indie games all over the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If Boxboy is indicative of the kind of mobile games Nintendo will make then I'm on board. Great little game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What can we expect then?
    Indie games all over the place?

Pretty much yeah. Much easier to make games on Unity engine than most others that are on the market the moment. More 3D games are better for the handheld. I'm looking forward to seeing what indie devs can churn out on the hardware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Capcom are going to celebrate MH4U shipping a million units in the West by giving us a free 3DS menu theme in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Some tasty 3D classics coming from Sega in the summer.
    Sonic 2, streets of rage 2 and gunstar heroes

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/14/sonic-2-streets-of-rage-2-and-gunstar-heroes-getting-3d-remasters-on-nintendo-3ds

I have a spare code for Mewtwo on 3DS if anybody would like it?

I have a spare code for Mewtwo on 3DS if anybody would like it?

I'd love that, thanks

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd love that, thanks

Just PM'd it to you.

I'm a bit annoyed. I bought Smash Bros 3DS via my new Nintendo ID, but I registered Smash Bros Wii U to my Club Nintendo account (same address as my new Nintendo ID) but I forgot to unlink my old Nintendo ID before I sold my older 3DS so I have both games but on different accounts. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Did any notice if they can slide the top half of the new 3ds XL about 1mm left and right on its axis? Besides the way the screen is floppy if you shake it, I can hold the top half and slide it enough that I can see the pin it pivots on.

My XL sides slightly too. Not something I was concerned about as I imagine you need a big of give for the hinge to function properly.

chrislad wrote: »
    My XL sides slightly too. Not something I was concerned about as I imagine you need a big of give for the hinge to function properly.

If I knew it was supposed to do it I wouldn't mind but if it was just me I'd be concerned. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Really want to buy Shovel knight for my 3ds but you have to buy it twice if you want it on your wii u but if I buy it on the playstation it's cheaper and my family can get to play it on our 2 ps3's, 2 ps4's and my vita all for one price. Nintendo really need to change their policy on this stuff!

Advertisement