Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Ordered a cyber gadget grip a while ago from Japan for the new 3DS & just got it today and my god the difference is sublime. So so good ! The comfort!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks for the advice lads. Can't really afford to get all three in case I don't like one and am stuck with them all :P So I'm gonna try and order OoT and give it a whirl.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Majoras mask can be pretty overwhelming to a newcomer.

Yeah, I read briefly about the whole time travelling mechanic, and while I'm sure it makes sense once you get going, it looks quite daunting for a newcomer to the series :confused:

Noticed Batman Blackgate is going really cheap on Amazon? Enjoyed the console versions, but the reviews look dodgy?

Also, anyone play Kingdom Hearts 3D? Loved the older PS games so really tempted to grab it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate is nothing like the console versions of Arkham Origins. It's 2.5D, something akin to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (bonus points for two games with triple depth names there!)

It's nothing great, but it's enjoyable enough while it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Codename steam is finally out tomorrow, feels like its been ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Upgraded from the 3DS to a NEw 3DS XL today since Tesco in the UK have dropped the price, added a £20 off coupon and I have staff discount. Got it for £125
    Anyone got any recommendations for games like Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick etc? I heard 999 is pretty good.

• Advertisement

Haven't played 999, but have heard good things. Have only played the sequel, Virtue's Last Reward (Which is a 3DS game, 999 is a DS game) which was excellent.

(Assuming by 999 you are referring to "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors")

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anything to be said for the CD-i Zelda games?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Anything to be said for the CD-i Zelda games?

kill_it_with_fire.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Star Lord wrote: »
    Haven't played 999, but have heard good things. Have only played the sequel, Virtue's Last Reward (Which is a 3DS game, 999 is a DS game) which was excellent.

(Assuming by 999 you are referring to "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors")

Virtues Last Reward is either currently on sale (ending today, around about now-ish) or going on sale around about now-ish on the eShop, for an accidentally serendipitous price of €9.99 if memory serves. Could be £9.99, which would put it up around €13 but don't try to steal this moment from me with your "facts"!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    kill_it_with_fire.gif

CDi Zelda, that gif and only that gif.
    And don't believe someone who says they're underrated, they're not and he's a big fibber!

• Advertisement

Anyone that would think such a thing would obviously lying, probably to try to justify the purchase of a CDi.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice! New Pullblox game out now on the 3DS. Free to play, with extra level packs to download for money.

Check out the Japanese trailer, which shows off some of the new mechanics (including full 3d rotating levels and action levels)

More info: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-13-nintendos-new-3ds-pullblox-game-free-to-download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice! New Pullblox game out now on the 3DS. Free to play, with extra level packs to download for money.

More info: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-13-nintendos-new-3ds-pullblox-game-free-to-download

Cheers, always a big fan of freebies. :)

Not much of a freebie.... 5 tutorial levels. :)

Playtime Plaza is €4.99
    Sculpture Square is €2.99
    Fortress of Fun is €2.99
    NES Expo is €2.99

€14 individually, or €9.99 for the bundle.

Nintendo are the only publisher who release complete surprises like this. No build up, no 6 months of trailers, no previews... just SURPRISE!
    They did it last year with the NES Remix games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm surprised they didn't hold the new Pullbox off as a mobile game. I know it doesn't feature any established characters but it would be perfect for mobile platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Indeed, finished the welcome centre and then hit by the pay to play thing, still its not bad but i think box boy is probably worth the money instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Upgraded from the 3DS to a NEw 3DS XL today since Tesco in the UK have dropped the price, added a £20 off coupon and I have staff discount. Got it for £125
    Anyone got any recommendations for games like Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick etc? I heard 999 is pretty good.

999 is brilliant. A lot of reading, but well worth trying to get all the endings!

It was never released in Europe though so you'll need to import it from the US

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Virtue's Last Reward is currently ....... €9.99 on the eshop.
    Think I might buy that seeing as it's £17 on amazon

Was given the gift of MH4U this morning! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone got a problem with the A button on a new 3ds xl? Mine is getting hard to press and if you place your finger on it and move it around without pressing it down it clicks. I think I might have to send it back.

• Advertisement

A new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game has been announced coming to Europe in early 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Coming to Japan later this year, hope we get a localization.

CGU-41jUkAAoc2F.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Just got one of these from the girlfriend, came with Fifa 13 off Adverts and got myself Luigi's Mansion. Thinking of picking up one of the Pokémon games for it but I don't know whether to go X/Y or ORAS. On the one hand, ORAS is newer so there would be more online for battling, more megas and legendaries. But on the other, X/Y is entirely new when out comes to the actual Pokémen so it would be like finding out all over again about different ones like when I first played Blue on game boy. I originally stopped playing the games after Yellow, only in the last few years playing later games on emulator, so while I'm very familiar with the games up until now, there is no nostalgia surrounding Ruby/Sapphire. Is ORAS worth looking at first despite there being no nostalgia? Is X/Y better with nostalgia aside? I don't quite know if better access to online is a big deal as I'm not very good at the competitive side. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CHEgI3HW8AQEYoZ.png
    SEGA® UNVEILS LATEST CHAPTER IN SONIC BOOM™ FRANCHISE
    SET TO RELEASE THIS HOLIDAY

Sonic Races To Nintendo 3DS™ In Sonic Boom™: Fire & Ice; SEGA also Announces Upcoming New Sonic The Hedgehog App

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – June 9th, 2015 – SEGA® of America Inc. announced today that its iconic ‘blue blur,’ Sonic the Hedgehog, will be racing once again in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for Nintendo 3DS. The newest title will build off of the highly successful animated series on Cartoon Network, currently the #1 program on all TV among boys 6-11 and 9-14 in its time period, and serve as the latest chapter in the Sonic Boom™ franchise. The game will introduce more adventure, speed, exploration, and an all-new fire and ice gameplay element that will help propel the action. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, featuring the triumphant return of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks, will be available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS later this year.

Developed by Sanzaru Games Inc., Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is a single player game with collaborative gameplay components that shares key characters, events, and lore of the Sonic Boom universe. Players will see Sonic and his friends in familiar settings as they embark on a brand new adventure to battle Dr. Eggman as well as an all-new super villain, D-Fekt. The team’s adventures will bring them to locations both familiar and new as they explore, race and protect their world.

To create an entirely new experience, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will infuse fire and ice elements throughout gameplay, enabling new abilities to play out in special character moves and interactions with environments. The new title also delivers gameplay that enables players to run through the game at top speed, or take their time with deeper exploration and puzzle play.

New to the title is the introduction of Bot Racing, a supplemental game tied to the single player story with multiplayer gameplay. The new Bot Racing feature is an extension of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice that is purely about racing and speed, where a user will unlock character themed Bots to challenge friends on fast courses or tracks.

“We really want this game to surprise and delight Sonic fans both new and old, and have created a unique, fun game that delivers,” said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America. “By introducing unique elemental gameplay features like ice and fire, along with new speed and exploration gameplay, there is a lot to enjoy with Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.”

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for Nintendo 3DS will run alongside the top rated animated series on Cartoon Network, in addition to a national merchandising and promotional campaign. The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions will continue to air new episodes throughout the year – and beyond!

This summer, the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise will be supported with the launch of Sonic Central, a brand new Sonic the Hedgehog information app, arriving on both iOS and Android devices. This one-stop-shop for all things Sonic will give fans exclusive art and wallpapers, character information, clips from the animated series, concept art, and games. Sonic Pix, a unique function within the app, will inspire fans creativity by allowing them to include Sonic and his friends in their photos.

Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared as a videogame character in June 1991, and instantly became an icon for a generation of gamers. Defined by his super-fast speed and cool attitude, in the years since he first raced on to videogame consoles, Sonic has become a true global phenomenon with over 140 million videogames sold or downloaded worldwide across consoles, PC’s, mobile phones and tablets. SEGA’s iconic blue blur has also gone on to enjoy incredible success in many licensed areas, such as toys, apparel, comics and animation.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for Nintendo 3DS will be available in stores throughout North America in Holiday 2015.

Wait what why

>_<

Just when you think they realise that they are doing an awful job with Sonic games, they go and make more of the same rubbish...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

cloud493 wrote: »
    CHEgI3HW8AQEYoZ.png

Wait what why

No thanks.

That's gonna fail haaaaard! And I hope it does too. Give sonic a 5 to 10 year break Sega!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Even the Sonic Cycle is finally broken, there are no poor individuals holding out hope that this might be the one to turn it around, no, this time we are too wise to be taken in.

But what if this isn't a disaster?
    What if they've learned from previous games and have finally made a Sonic game worthy of put money?

NOOoooooo!

Sonic Cycle BEGONE!!!

I miss Richy too.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't think there's ever been such a thing as a good Sonic game. I was playing some of the first three as well as Generations last week and they can be some of the most frustratingly designed things known to man.

Advertisement