Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How do people feel about The Lost World? I never considered it before but I've heard some not-as-bad-as-they-say reviews recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I honestly don't think there's ever been such a thing as a good Sonic game. I was playing some of the first three as well as Generations last week and they can be some of the most frustratingly designed things known to man.

Sonic
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic & Knuckles
    All pretty damn great tbh, objectively so.
    Also, Sonic Jam on the Saturn is pretty much a must have if you pretend to know anything about the series.
    It's simply incredible, a metric by which other compilations are measured and, typically, fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Star Lord wrote: »
    I miss Richy too.

Richie is busy playing Sonic Boom and defending it on youtube, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What the hell is up with Knuckles in that image, he used to be the cool one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Unless its a new hyrule warriors game, I Cant see myself getting it for the 3ds, hopefully its different from the wii u one. Not just additional characters to the same storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Until the combat gets a little depth or complexity, I'm out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would hope a Splatoon title of some description will be on the 3DS in the not too distant future, possibly a third person title, a bit like Gears of War but with paint, Inkings and Octarians doing battle across a series of worlds, akin to Super Mario Galaxy.
    Make it happen Ninty!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That Hyrule Warriors video is private? O_o

[edit]
    Here's a working version:

Thats gotta be a holiday release. Given its a basic port with a wee bit of added content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How do people feel about The Lost World? I never considered it before but I've heard some not-as-bad-as-they-say reviews recently.

I really liked it, but I did stop playing around world 3 due to moving, new job etc.
    I did come foul of dodgy camera work, but that's in every 3d game.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I would hope a Splatoon title of some description will be on the 3DS in the not too distant future, possibly a third person title, a bit like Gears of War but with paint, Inkings and Octarians doing battle across a series of worlds, akin to Super Mario Galaxy.
    Make it happen Ninty!

isn't it already third person?

Also, on Sonichu Boom!!!!!, it's a cartoon now, they'll be doing the yearly releases at least to keep the kids parents buying everything they can before the fad goes by.

If it even is a fad at all, I haven't heard anything about the show yet, but I don't exactly hang around children either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Puzzles and Dragons Mario game has me on board pretty much entirely through the music.

I'm trading in a copy of the useless Watch Dogs for the WiiU in CEX tomorrow, think I'll pick up Puzzles and Dragons for the 3DS in its stead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Liffey Street CeX had Puzzle Dragons for €28 a few days ago kill two birds with one hunk of crap(watchdogs) :) Still there as of this moment.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496527815#.VXmVFs9Viko

Liffey Street CeX had Puzzle Dragons for €28 a few days ago kill two birds with one hunk of crap(watchdogs) :) Still there as of this moment.

Still leave me with enough for something on the PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I know it's for trade in with CEX, but just to post, It's on Amazon for £20.78 and on Very for £22 (the only reason i mention them, is because you get 10% amount off with your first purchase, and another code, which i believe brings it below £19) brand new.

Edit - Argos for €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Why does Iwata refer to a giant robot as "The Bugger"? Is this part of their edgy new adult-oriented direction heralded by Bayonetta, Devils Turd and Angel Blood or maybe a hint at a wierd but traumatic event from his childhood? I mean, it's a great name for a bad guy in Game of Thrones or Dexter but it just doesn't sit well with Squid Kids and Apes in adorable neck-wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I bought a New 3ds and some games today that I won't be playing because it doesn't come with a charger. GREAT JOB Nintendo.

I bought a New 3ds and some games today that I won't be playing because it doesn't come with a charger. GREAT JOB Nintendo.

Well it does say on the box charger not included.

• Advertisement

Well I didn't see the box until it arrived in the post.

It should say on the amazon page or whatever? And argos will do you a charger for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I think they have been doing that since the 3DSXL, OK if you are upgrading (I was) but a bit BS if you're not, where ever you ordered from should have flagged it up.

Must have missed it, not something you would be on the look out for when ordering. It's a bull**** move by Nintendo no matter how you look at it.

It is bull**** and there should be a charger in the box, but amazon and nintendo do inform you of it. And like I say, argos will do you an official one for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Something to note for all New 3ds owners. When not in use for long periods, switch the console off as opposed to just closing the screen. My battery lost it's mind a couple of times and wouldn't hold a charge.

This was remedied by fully discharging the battery and then recharging. Not sure if it's an isolated issue with the new versions but it never happened with my old XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so opinions on new 3ds v new 3ds xl lads? still trying to decide which to buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

So, The great Ace Attorney released in Japan yesterday and got great reviews in famitsu Japans leading gaming magazine I really, really hope this comes to the rest of the world, it looks AMAZING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the two Trine games last night on the Wii U (on sale at the moment) and had some money left over. I liked the look of Bike Rider DX2 on the 3DS (just out this week) so I grabbed it. What a great game. Basically a constant scrolling platform game that starts off really easy, but gets very very hard later on. There are 3 collectables per level and that adds massive replay value to the game (they get hard to reach and easy to miss).

€2.99 for the base game, plus 3 DLC packs (one is free, the others are €0.99 each). That's a ton of content for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mr E wrote: »
    I got the two Trine games last night on the Wii U (on sale at the moment) and had some money left over. I liked the look of Bike Rider DX2 on the 3DS (just out this week) so I grabbed it. What a great game. Basically a constant scrolling platform game that starts off really easy, but gets very very hard later on. There are 3 collectables per level and that adds massive replay value to the game (they get hard to reach and easy to miss).

€2.99 for the base game, plus 3 DLC packs (one is free, the others are €0.99 each). That's a ton of content for a fiver.

Sounds good! Gonna pick it up tonight.

Here's a review for y'all to read
    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/bike_rider_dx2_galaxy#reply

Just bought Lego Jurassic World for the 3DS, played for hours last night, love it. Only thing is it seems to be a cut down version of the console version, but I'm ok with that for now, as I have a few Lego games to play on the WiiU now too.

Advertisement