Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

so opinions on new 3ds v new 3ds xl lads? still trying to decide which to buy

If you have small hands, the N3DS is perfect and you get to change the covers and the 3d looks perfect on the original sized screen as it was meant to be and look.

If you have big hands the go for the xl cause your hands will cramp quickly with the small N3DS faster.

I have the standard N3DS, I have average sized hands I guess, I love it, I love the changeable covers, the screen looks great and I came from the old xl 3ds, but, my hands do, sometimes cramp up a bit. But those SNES coloured buttons make it totally worth it.

Hope that helps :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New 3DS has much better pixel density. I find games look too blocky on the 3DS XL. Also you can gloat to US friends abotu having one since they only got the XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I love the New 3DS, and I went from my 3DS XL to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i just wish i could get my hands on them to judge myself.. nowhere have stock to allow customers view them

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I'm gonna pick up some eShop games this weekend any recommendations ? + what favourites you all have ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Star Lord wrote: »
    I love the New 3DS, and I went from my 3DS XL to it.

Second this. I went from an XL to a standard size and don't have any problems. My hands would be on the larger side too.

Best way to describe it: you hold the standard sized one as opposed to gripping the XL and you don't need to grip the standard one because it weighs less. (Sounds like a riddle).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Another vote for the standard size! I've got both, well the smaller one in technically my daughters(thank god she doesn't play it much it's the ambassador edition and I'm planning on getting rich off it one day)and I always steal it from her.

My xl(majora's mask edition) feel poorly made, the top screen slides on its axle enough that I can see the pin it swivels on, the top screen moves quite a bit when you shake it, the start button doesn't have the satisfying micro switch click all the other buttons do and the A button has started to make a strange click when you put your finger on it and move it in circles and when you press it, it's not how it should be.

The standard one is perfect except for the lower screen gets this little dark spot in the middle of the screen when you touch it, the same effect you get when you touch an old LCD screen.

I really should be sending these back but I'm a lazy bugger!

The standard one also looks better to me in white anyway and fits in your pocket better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    The standard one also looks better to me in white anyway and fits in your pocket better.

The black one looks fantastical, especially with all the faceplates.
    http://i.imgur.com/ew3iqrv.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VQDWXNE.jpg
    That's my Japanese one I got on adverts because I was too impatient.
    It has a skin from a Spanish guy on etsy

http://i.imgur.com/gobXNnq.jpg
    My black European N3DS with a Yoshi faceplate.
    The black is much nice imo.

What's nice also is the black faceplates on the white console. But white faceplates on black console doesn't look right at all.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The black one looks fantastical, especially with all the faceplates.
    http://i.imgur.com/ew3iqrv.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VQDWXNE.jpg
    That's my Japanese one I got on adverts because I was too impatient.
    It has a skin from a Spanish guy on etsy

http://i.imgur.com/gobXNnq.jpg
    My black European N3DS with a Yoshi faceplate.
    The black is much nice imo.

What's nice also is the black faceplates on the white console. But white faceplates on black console doesn't look right at all.
    The snes skin is awesome I'll give you that:-) it's a matter of opinion on the colour of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

A Gravity Falls games is coming to 3DS and I'm super excited!:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

So I've recently moved back from Japan, and have left my JP 'new 3ds' with a pal there. Fully boxed, pristine condition, charging cradle, whole lot. Am I likely to find someone for it here, i.e. have it shipped, or should I just have her get whatever for it in the local bookoff and have her wire me the cash? I have a pal 'old' 3ds xl so its of little use to me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm upgrading to a New Majora XL from my New 3DS later this week, just the fact that it's the limited edition one, might need a case for the new one as I'd hate to scratch the gold finish.

Wright wrote: »
    So I've recently moved back from Japan, and have left my JP 'new 3ds' with a pal there. Fully boxed, pristine condition, charging cradle, whole lot. Am I likely to find someone for it here, i.e. have it shipped, or should I just have her get whatever for it in the local bookoff and have her wire me the cash? I have a pal 'old' 3ds xl so its of little use to me anymore.

You could put it on ebay or adverts.
    If it's the normal kind, there'd be a bit of interest from Americans.
    If it's a certain firmware version, a fair bit more interest.

On the whole though, I'd say not much interest, and this is from a guy who did buy a Japanese one on adverts back before it launched here.

so i bought a new 3ds xl in black and i love it so much faster than my old 3ds at loading games and the 3d is class on it whatever they did to improve it was brilliant

so i bought a new 3ds xl in black and i love it so much faster than my old 3ds at loading games and the 3d is class on it whatever they did to improve it was brilliant

The camera now watches your face and adjusts the screen so the 3d is able to blast into your eyes at bigger angles.

The camera now watches your face and adjusts the screen so the 3d is able to blast into your eyes at bigger angles.
    its fantastic tbh exactly what the original should have been like from the start...

Yeah, it's quite nice.

I played sticker star 100% in 3D, and yoshi's new island up to the level I got stuck on(riding a wiggler, can't get all the red coins due to lack of skill)

Yeah, it's quite nice.

I played sticker star 100% in 3D, and yoshi's new island up to the level I got stuck on(riding a wiggler, can't get all the red coins due to lack of skill)

Yoshi New Island worth the price? I'm kinda tempted to pick it up as I'm playing YWW and Yoshi Island DS at the moment. YNI kinda came and went sadly, people weren't too impressed with it for some reason? Didn't review too well?

So, when is Chibi Robo out and what price are we looking since its going to be sold with that super cute Amiibo. Anyone know?

Yoshi New Island worth the price? I'm kinda tempted to pick it up as I'm playing YWW and Yoshi Island DS at the moment. YNI kinda came and went sadly, people weren't too impressed with it for some reason? Didn't review too well?

So, when is Chibi Robo out and what price are we looking since its going to be sold with that super cute Amiibo. Anyone know?

I enjoyed it. I think it can be got fairly cheap here.

im looking for a list of mario games zelda games and must play games for the 3ds some of the top 25 games list are terrible imo and in general are one persons opinion not a true view of the system

• Advertisement

im looking for a list of mario games zelda games and must play games for the 3ds some of the top 25 games list are terrible imo and in general are one persons opinion not a true view of the system

Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic, and even if you've played previous incarnations surely the two Zelda remakes make the 3DS one of the best Zelda machines out there.

Wright wrote: »
    Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic, and even if you've played previous incarnations surely the two Zelda remakes make the 3DS one of the best Zelda machines out there.
    i have 3d world its fantastic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

3D Land, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, 3D World is the Wii U game, 3D Land is the 3DS one.

The 3DS has a ton of Zelda games, between the physical released (Ocarina of Time 3D, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask 3D) and the virtual console games like Links Awakening, etc.

I enjoyed it. I think it can be got fairly cheap here.

I had a look around all the usual places in Dublin yesterday. Gamestop sell it for 30 but no where in stock. CEX sell for 25 second hand but not in Dublin and I'm kinda iffy about buying online from them. Smyths have a few copies but at 45 that's why too pricey fit what the games is a year later. Argos and hmv (of course) don't seem to stock it.

Anyone wanna sell me their copy for 15 maybe? ;)

No, I meant 3D world. I have the only 3DS copy in the world cuz my uncle works at Nintendo! ;)

I think we've all known someone whose uncle has worked at Nintendo. Lots of crackers at Nintendo apparently.

Today's the day I finally finish ocarina or time on the 3ds, I bought it in the middle of May and it's the only Game I've played on the 3ds since, only have to go and beat the big man himself today. I haven't checked the amount of hours I've put in but in guessing around 60!

iamtony wrote: »
    Today's the day I finally finish ocarina or time on the 3ds, I bought it in the middle of May and it's the only Game I've played on the 3ds since, only have to go and beat the big man himself today. I haven't checked the amount of hours I've put in but in guessing around 60!
    Funny it only took me 29.05 to complete without a walk through for 99% of it. I thought it was a lot more. Majora's mask took me 47:07. I now wish I played them in order.
    Ocarina is probably the only game that game me goosebumps and made me get a lump in my throat at the end. A true masterpiece that had yet to be matched. Roll on zelda Wii u!

Now what to play....

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Have been using my release 3ds for a couple of years now but with a long haul flight coming up it's time to take the plunge and get a shiny new 3ds XL... anyone know what the best deal going at the moment is? (online or bricks and mortar)

• Advertisement

I finally started to play Phoenix Wright dual destinies only to be confused by the characters and storyline , seems I have to play apollo justice first.

I thought that was a spin off game just!

I skipped right through. Not hard to figure it out.

Advertisement