Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Wright wrote: »
    I skipped right through. Not hard to figure it out.

Yes you can ignore apollo justice and play duel destinys, but if you want more background on trucy and apollo and even klaviar you need to play it, Also its explain why phoenix is where he is at the start of DD and they're are some other details too that i wont spoil that are explained in AJ. Its worth playing for the last case alone. One of the most epic cases not too far behind T&T.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Yes you can ignore apollo justice and play duel destinys, but if you want more background on trucy and apollo and even klaviar you need to play it, Also its explain why phoenix is where he is at the start of DD and they're are some other details too that i wont spoil that are explained in AJ. Its worth playing for the last case alone. One of the most epic cases not too far behind T&T.

I should go back. Missed the whole 'Phoenix disbarred thing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone played Xenoblade on the new 3DS? Is it worth getting and how does it compare to the Wii version?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer has been out for a week in Japan and already sold 522,000 units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I picked up ghost trick yesterday, and its great as anything.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    I picked up ghost trick yesterday, and its great as anything.

We need this on Android :( bloody Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone played Super Mario Puzzles and Dragons? I picked it up a week ago in Argos for €14 and I've really been enjoying it. It took a few hours to click but now I find myself going back to it each night.

Has anyone played Super Mario Puzzles and Dragons? I picked it up a week ago in Argos for €14 and I've really been enjoying it. It took a few hours to click but now I find myself going back to it each night.

Yeah finding it a bit hard can't get out of world 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yeah finding it a bit hard can't get out of world 2.

If you haven't done it you should go to the Toad House and upgrade members of you team. You sacrifice some team members to power up others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've been playing the P&D Z side of it.
    I played a bit on Android and I didn't like it, it was a pointless daily grind. I'm liking it more now that I'm not racing against the hourly / daily / weekly event clocks and trying to cram my life into the scant free time the game leaves you with. It's well suited to the 3DS as a platform. Unfortunately, they've shoe-horned in a sub-par pokemon rip off narrative to explain a game that doesn't need explaining, which means it takes you about 30 minutes to get to the point where you're actually playing the game instead of reading dialogue, walking around the tiny overworld/hub or doing tutorials. It's not bad, but it's probably better suited to being a cheap download so it's always on your system when you have 5 minutes to grind for eggs or those puzzle pieces.

• Advertisement

If you haven't done it you should go to the Toad House and upgrade members of you team. You sacrifice some team members to power up others.

Been doing that aplenty! To CEX with this one I think! Fun while it lasted.

Do CEX's have different rates based on their in-store stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Looks like both paths of Fire Emblem Fates might be in one game in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Strange question time, anyone know why a lot of games are available on the Wii U virtual console but not on the 3DS, Earthbound and Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Strange question time, anyone know why a lot of games are available on the Wii U virtual console but not on the 3DS, Earthbound and Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones in particular.

Cos GBA and Snes games ain't coming to the 3DS anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

People should download the YouTube app before Nintendo take it down, it provides a handy way of getting around region locking if you google it, it may be against the rules to mention anymore here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Bought myself a 3ds xl to go with my Wii U and loving it so far. My eyes get a bit sore after a while though so I turn down the 3d. Is there a big difference between the new 3ds and the one I have or is it just a case of my eyes getting used to it? Noob question I know, sorry :)

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Bought myself a 3ds xl to go with my Wii U and loving it so far. My eyes get a bit sore after a while though so I turn down the 3d. Is there a big difference between the new 3ds and the one I have or is it just a case of my eyes getting used to it? Noob question I know, sorry :)

New 3ds has a better 3D solution. Why did you opt for the older model? Its obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Anyone know what time eshop games go on sale? Gunstar Heroes due for release today but not available yet.

Edit: Never mind, it's up now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

New 3ds has a better 3D solution. Why did you opt for the older model? Its obsolete.

Although the New 3DS does have better 3D with it's "Super Stable 3D", the older model is far from obsolete. There have been very few games released that require the New 3DS, only the one so far that comes to mind (Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS)

Star Lord wrote: »
    Although the New 3DS does have better 3D with it's "Super Stable 3D", the older model is far from obsolete. There have been very few games released that require the New 3DS, only the one so far that comes to mind (Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS)

There's a new model. No use buying the other.
    Lots of games also use the nub for the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

There's a new model. No use buying the other.
    Lots of games also use the nub for the camera.

I got a 2nd hand one dirt cheap in perfect condition with Ocarina of Time. I'm new to handheld gaming so wanted to make sure I'd like it before splashing out on the new one. Had a go on Super Smash Bros in Smyths just now on the new one and found the 3d to be amazing so I'll be getting one soon enough.

Wish I could let go of my Luigi 3DSXL. But it's the most beautiful 3ds ever released so that's not happening ;)

Gizmo55 wrote: »

In terms of 3D, it's night and day. The New 3DS does 3D properly and is arguably the console the 3DS should have been all along. I never used the 3D on my original 3DS because it was, well, rubbish. Now it's never turned off apart from Monster Hunter 4 where it just makes everything look too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

There's another exclusive to new 3DS but I can't remember the name of it, and I think it's only in Japan or something. I'll try find some info on it.

The super stable 3d is great, but I don't have much interest in the 3d so I don't use it.

The new one is also better in terms of a larger top screen, better quality graphics and sound (noticeable when playing the two different consoles side by side).

EDIT: I've been told the other exclusive is "The Binding of Issac: Rebirth" and it is not coming to Europe as far as I can see. Pity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Twitter feeds here and there suggest it's still on the way.

http://bindingofisaac.com

Fingers crossed, though I already have it on the Sony hardware I own thanks to PSN.

CliCliW wrote: »
    There's another exclusive to new 3DS but I can't remember the name of it, and I think it's only in Japan or something. I'll try find some info on it.

The super stable 3d is great, but I don't have much interest in the 3d so I don't use it.

The new one is also better in terms of a larger top screen, better quality graphics and sound (noticeable when playing the two different consoles side by side).

EDIT: I've been told the other exclusive is "The Binding of Issac: Rebirth" and it is not coming to Europe as far as I can see. Pity.

The new XL has an even bigger screen?

We need a higher PPI, Nintendo, not a bigger damn screen. Goddamnit Nintendo.

The new XL has an even bigger screen?

We need a higher PPI, Nintendo, not a bigger damn screen. Goddamnit Nintendo.

Yep, that's why I went for the standard New 3DS over the XL one. The XL just looked too pixelated and stretched out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You won't see a higher res screen until next year, with the 3DS almost certainly to be replaced.
    That said, I have every iteration of DS and 3DS, barring the New 3DS:XL and, while screen shots from the format online or in print tend to look awful, in motion the games play and look just fine, better than fine in many cases.
    The only displays that haven't aged well at all are the original Gameboy and the Gameboy Color, with the Gameboy Pocket looking amazing still and the poor Ninty colour effort losing out to the superior product from SNK in the form of the Neo Geo Pocket Color, in terms of disply quality, not games library, although the NGPC has some crackers on there as well.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You won't see a higher res screen until next year, with the 3DS almost certainly to be replaced.
    That said, I have every iteration of DS and 3DS, barring the New 3DS:XL and, while screen shots from the format online or in print tend to look awful, in motion the games play and look just fine, better than fine in many cases.
    The only displays that haven't aged well at all are the original Gameboy and the Gameboy Color, with the Gameboy Pocket looking amazing still and the poor Ninty colour effort losing out to the superior product from SNK in the form of the Neo Geo Pocket Color, in terms of disply quality, not games library, although the NGPC has some crackers on there as well.

Nah brah the ppi is horrendous. Night and day between 3ds and vita.

• Advertisement

Apples and oranges there.
    Give me games on the 3DS any day of the week tbh.

Advertisement