Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just got the ambassador mail. Shame it's not for the XL, I might be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Can't wait to finish my exams so I can finally finish Fire Emblem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just preordered Majora's Mask special edition for the Nintendo store. I like the US statute, but I think I like the badge we are getting much more.

Now we play the 'give us release dates, Nintendo!' game.

Do you have a UK address?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Corholio wrote: »
    Do you have a UK address?

Not sure about the previous poster but I ordered one to a Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

bkrangle wrote: »
    Not sure about the previous poster but I ordered one to a Parcel Motel

Just a heads up for anyone who did the same, I inquired about getting it delivered to Parcel Motel last year. This is the reply that Nintendo sent:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding our UK Online Store.

We are sorry to inform you, that all orders placed through our online store, can only be delivered to addresses in the UK (including Northern Ireland).

Regrettably, we do not deliver to mail forwarding addresses, the Republic of Ireland, any offshore islands around the UK and any other country in Europe or around the world.

Whilst we can fully understand your disappointment, we felt that this was the right time to launch a service such as this in the UK, and can only honour orders for delivery to UK addresses only.

For more information on our Store terms and conditions regarding deliveries, please follow the link below:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/articles/terms-conditions.list

Currently, we have nothing to announce in relation to offshore islands and other countries being able to order from our UK website. We would therefore recommend checking our website again at a later date for any further announcements.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

Should you have any further queries or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards"

The item is still showing on my account there but it won't be shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sometimes it can go through, sometimes it can't. Lucky I have a UK address to get it shipped to.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

The first part of my order (some yoshi gear for my sis) apparently arrived at its destination (PM) this morning so I'll know soon enough if its gone through properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since the NEw 3DS is like the 3DS with a built in Circle Pad Pro, I was wondering have any games used the extra shoulder buttons? I know Resi Evil benefits from the extra circle pad.

And has there been any reports of what happens if you try using New 3DS only games like Xenoblade on the original 3DS?

Xenoblade hasn't been released yet, even in the regions where the thing is officially out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CastorTroy wrote: »

And has there been any reports of what happens if you try using New 3DS only games like Xenoblade on the original 3DS?

I'd imagine nothing would happen. Like when you put a foreign region game into a 3DS it just looks like there's nothing in the slot on the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I can see this causing a lot of confusion. Especially with parents buying games for their kids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can see this causing a lot of confusion. Especially with parents buying games for their kids

I think they'll definitely have to make the packaging and advertising different. Maybe like a black box, the new 3DS logo at the top instead of down the side, things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

So with this new 3ds coming out would I be better off waiting for that? Saving at the mo for a 3ds so will wait if it's out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Have there been any announcements on what games will be New 3DS only? I've only heard about Xenoblade so far, and I'll probably pick that up when it releases for Wii U if I do decide to get it.

Do you reckon Pokemon is safe or will they make that New 3DS only too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The split between 3DS and New 3DS will must likely be similar to the split between DS Lite and DSi.
    Only a handful of games will be affected and those will probably be heavily subsidised by Nintendo given the smaller user base of the new machines.
    I don't think any of the big developers are going to chance losing money, so compatibility is all but assured across the range.
    This is probably the last iteration of the 3DS as we know it.
    I'd say, 2 years down the one, we'll see an integrated home/portable console and 3DS' successor will be part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The split between 3DS and New 3DS will must likely be similar to the split between DS Lite and DSi.

Or like the GameBoy / GameBoy Colour, where there were additional features on the newer hardware. Or perhaps the N64 with the expansion pack would be a better comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

N64 thinking would be right seeing as it has the new C stick which will probably act like the Z trigger did so Majora's Mask being a native N64 game will be the first to use it, pokemon Black and White had some stupid camera enhancement that was a faux marketing trick for the DSi lets hope this isn't the same thing.

I quite like the graphics on pokemon BW.Least its got a stable framerate :pac:

Gamestop italy has put up its pre order prices for N3DS!

n3d1kju7.png

xlnv7ktm.png

new-nintendo-3ds-game02kfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a bad price... the new XL will probably be €250 here. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    Not a bad price... the new XL will probably be €250 here. :p
    youd probably get 150 handy enough for an older 3ds XL used so €100 ish to upgrade isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

The more I look, the more I want ;_:

The guy in that video is immensely annoying.

I'm also immensely annoyed at the rumour that there won't be a special edition new XL. :(

That source is well known for making up bull****. So huge pinches of salt.

Yeah he was annoying me as well.

So if the XL is €199, we'd be looking at €249 Majora bundle?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just want a regular New 3DS model, no bundling necessary.
    I'll pick up Smash Bros at the same time.
    Looking forward to comparing Argos, Smyth's and GameStops prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Seems like the opposite to everywhere else.
    Only the XL will be getting special editions, the proper new 3ds has faceplates.

I think that's the point, that the regular model New 3DS will be the only one getting special editions, as it's so easy for them to just slap on a faceplate, whereas the XL doesn't have the faceplates, so it's a little more difficult to make special editions.

Not saying they won't exist, but XL owners will just miss out on those nice face plates, which will be a more common bundle option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Star Lord wrote: »
    I think that's the point, that the regular model New 3DS will be the only one getting special editions, as it's so easy for them to just slap on a faceplate, whereas the XL doesn't have the faceplates, so it's a little more difficult to make special editions.

Not saying they won't exist, but XL owners will just miss out on those nice face plates, which will be a more common bundle option.

It's not really that difficult to make an XL model, it's just a case of an extra few screws.

Advertisement