Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Link to the Past is only on Wii U VC (unfortunately). I'd love to have it on the 3DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Link to the Past is only on Wii U VC (unfortunately). I'd love to have it on the 3DS.

Sure, bite the bullet and get a Snes and an original cart of A Link to the Past, only way to be sure.
    Oh, and while we're dreaming, mod it to be region free and full screen, and an RGB cable too, and a CRT to display it on.....
    Works out at around €120 for the lot i would reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've got the GBA version which can also be played on the DS, so there's that

Just got a demo version of Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and thoroughly enjoying it. Where would be a good starting point? There's Trilogy and this on the eShop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Just got a demo version of Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and thoroughly enjoying it. Where would be a good starting point? There's Trilogy and this on the eShop.

The games have a chronological order so start with the trilogy, they are by far the best games of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

The trilogy is great value for people just getting into the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just got a 3DS, dunno what to get other than Monster Hunter 4.

I'd like to avoid spruced-up N64 games.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Kid Icarus Uprising! :-D

It's one of THE best 3DS games I've played in terms of pretty visuals, gameplay, writing, characters.

I can't recommend it enough! 

You might like the "what games to make me fall in love with my 3ds" thread too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hope you have an orthopedic surgeon on standby, as that game is a finger joint killer!
    It's not the games fault, that's stupendous, but the 3DS is so hard to old, control and use the touch screen simultaneously.
    I know they released the stand along with it, to reduce the discomfort, but it is maddening.
    Also maddening is that, while they included circle pad pro support, it is only for control reversal, so leftys can play it, rather than the obvious thing which is to switch aiming to the extra pad and and leave maneuvering on the original pad, thereby turning a great game into a classic.
    Also, it would have been a must have for the New 3DS as well.
    Nintendo could have fixed it with a patch, but elected not to do so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I find lying back with the system resting on your body helps. It frees up your left hand to solely control and shoot.

It's a bit awkward doing that on the bus though.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I find lying back with the system resting on your body helps. It frees up your left hand to solely control and shoot.

It's a bit awkward doing that on the bus though.

This must be the Quality of Life initiative that Ninty were banging on about, Yoga and videogaming in perfect harmony!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I just got a 3DS, dunno what to get other than Monster Hunter 4.

I'd like to avoid spruced-up N64 games.
    Thoughts?

pokemon, mario, steam, fantasy life, puzzle and dragons, fire emblem, kirby, smash, yoshi, etc.

/\/ollog wrote:
    pokemon, mario, steam, fantasy life, puzzle and dragons, fire emblem, kirby, smash, yoshi, etc.

Completely forgot about Fantasy Life! +1 cause it's awesome! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

11953273_453193321530404_4117559084974724328_n.jpg?oh=df9344c2f3a17aee4cb94a85e908e68f&oe=56641AB6

So new games next year. Gen 6.5 or 7?

First trailer for AA6 at the toyko gameshow!

Also ace attorney is getting its own anime launching in japan next year!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Guys, I was thinking of maybe getting a 3DS or a 3DS XL. Are they worth it? I'd probably pick up the main Pokémon games. Are they any good? The last one I played was the remake of Gold on the DS. Are Nintendo still relying on mainly physical media or is the e-store any good? Ta.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

3DS is great. The e-store is fine, but the game prices are still crazy high, so its best to stay physical. XY is good, but ORAS are far better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

3DS is great. The e-store is fine, but the game prices are still crazy high, so its best to stay physical. XY is good, but ORAS are far better.

Thanks. I'd heard some Zelda game got remade which was quite good as well. Is there much difference between the 3DS and the XL?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

I got one 2nd hand in CEX off Henry St. for 125e- A blue & Black 3Dsi XL, but there were a few for 75e - think these were not XL tho.. Bought Animal Crossing New Leaf with it , and I play it every day.
    I'd get the XL , it's bigger (obviously :) )
    Wish I'd got it years ago, was playing me DS until now and the difference in graphics is amazing.

3DSi? How many of these things to they make?!

• Advertisement

Well, theres Normal 3DS, 3DS XL, then 'New' 3DS and 'new' 3DS XL, which are new models with upgraded 3D features, slightly faster system and graphics and ****, and supposedly exclusive games even though there's only one exclusive so far. Oh, and a built in analogue nub which essentially acts as a second analogue stick for stuff like majoras mask, monster hunter, MGS 3.

Well, theres Normal 3DS, 3DS XL, then 'New' 3DS and 'new' 3DS XL, which are new models with upgraded 3D features, slightly faster system and graphics and ****, and supposedly exclusive games even though there's only one exclusive so far. Oh, and a built in analogue nub which essentially acts as a second analogue stick for stuff like majoras mask, monster hunter, MGS 3.

These new models are the "i" models I take it. Seems unnecessary to me.

No, the 'i' has been out ages, afaik it refers to the inbuilt camera

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Guys, I was thinking of maybe getting a 3DS or a 3DS XL. Are they worth it? I'd probably pick up the main Pokémon games. Are they any good? The last one I played was the remake of Gold on the DS. Are Nintendo still relying on mainly physical media or is the e-store any good? Ta.

Sure you can buy my 3DS XL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There isnt a 3DSi. There's the orignal small and xl and the new small and xl.

The new 3ds smaller version has chageable faceplates, more stable 3D (big difference as the older model only worked if you held it in stasis) and better performance - a difference of a good 10 seconds in starting the system up and in other areas.
    Smash bros 3DS runs faster on the new 3ds.
    Only one game so far is exclusive to the New 3DS and that Xenoblade Chronicles but I think the Hyrule Warriors coming out soon, will only work in 3D on the new 3ds.
    The new 3DS is slighter bigger than the Old 3DS but still not as large as the XL but a lot are saying its the best size. The visuals look better on it compared to the XL, apparently.

Downloaded Tomodachi Life over the weekend after trying the demo. If you are into quirky stuff this game is for you! The demo was free and got me addicted.

Is their anywhere i can pre order zelda triforce heros? its out in a couple of weeks and cant find it anywhere yet. :/

Is their anywhere i can pre order zelda triforce heros? its out in a couple of weeks and cant find it anywhere yet. :/

Have you checked gamestop? I thought I saw it up on the display but I'm not sure.

You are right, i google searched pre orders for it and noting came up, its on the site tho when i searched for it there, Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

In need of a new 3ds game, Xenoblade or Fire emblem?

Advertisement