Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

iamtony wrote: »
    In need of a new 3ds game, Xenoblade or Fire emblem?

Fire Emblem is amazing I would go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I agree with Ollie, Fire Emblem all the way. Apart from Mario Maker, its the only game in the last 3-4 years that I've put more than 20-30 into and I can't wait for Fire Emblem Fates.
    You'd be probably better off playing Xenoblade on the Wii or Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Thanks lads, I played the demo for Fire Emblem and liked it but I heard so much about Xenoblade I'll have to give it a go at some stage.

I'll get Fire emblem for the 3ds and Xenoblade got the Wii u at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thanks lads, I played the demo for Fire Emblem and liked it but I heard so much about Xenoblade I'll have to give it a go at some stage.

I'll get Fire emblem for the 3ds and Xenoblade got the Wii u at some stage.

Us Nintendo users are really bereft of good games, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Go with Fire Emblem, as tactics games go it is one of the best, Xenoblade is best being played on the Wii U, plus the near 120-200 hours you need to put into it can be a big turn off, you would be better getting SMT IV unless you are used to the JRPG grind.

It's been a real shame the total lack of games released for the 3DS/NDS in the last two years, SMT: Devil Survivor 2 and Etrian Mystery Dungeon will be the only games I get this year and did not buy anything last year, with having most of the remakes already on other systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Picked up Mario and Luigi dream team bros, anyone here play it? Should I play bowsers inside story first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Xenji wrote: »
    Go with Fire Emblem, as tactics games go it is one of the best, Xenoblade is best being played on the Wii U, plus the near 120-200 hours you need to put into it can be a big turn off, you would be better getting SMT IV unless you are used to the JRPG grind.

It's been a real shame the total lack of games released for the 3DS/NDS in the last two years, SMT: Devil Survivor 2 and Etrian Mystery Dungeon will be the only games I get this year and did not buy anything last year, with having most of the remakes already on other systems.
    Thanks. Yeah I was only thinking recently there hasn't been anything for a while although I must say I really welcomed the remakes. I would have never played through any of the old zelda's if they weren't remastered. But of course I'd like some new games.
    If I were them I'd be doing a 3ds Splatoon right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

da gamer wrote: »
    Picked up Mario and Luigi dream team bros, anyone here play it? Should I play bowsers inside story first?

I really enjoyed Dream Team Bros (forgive it for the excessive tutorials). No need to play Bowsers Inside Story first, but it's a must if you do enjoy Dream Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was playing the Ironfall single player campaign demo yesterday for the first time. Playing on New 3DSXL so was using the c-stick. Tempte dto get the full game at some point, but hasn't it been pulled?
    Reminded me of a third person Conduit

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First Triforce Heroes review from Famitsu - 9/9/8/8

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-101315/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm waiting to see how single player is then it may be just something to put on Christmas list just for the sake of parents/brother having something to get me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Legend Of Zelda: Symphony Of The Goddesses performance from Colbert:

Goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam is coming on the 4th December! Quite surprised, I thought we'd be waiting till March odd for it.

Fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros is out on friday, been reviewing good as well which is exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Is there a solid release date set for an EU release of Yo-Kai Watch?

I've done a bit of googling, but haven't found any recent news on it.

I've watched a couple of videos since it released in America and it looks fairly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Is there a solid release date set for an EU release of Yo-Kai Watch?

I've done a bit of googling, but haven't found any recent news on it.

I've watched a couple of videos since it released in America and it looks fairly decent.

Just 2016 so far I've been thinking of importing it but have enough games here at the moment that keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Have ye seen the Japanese charts this week? Impressive stuff. Wii U didn't do too badly either.

http://nintendoeverything.com/media-create-sales-1123-1129/#disqus_thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

ollie1 wrote: »
    Fire Emblem is amazing I would go with that.

Any thoughts on how an 11 year old that likes Pokemon would take to it? He loves the Pokemon games so I'd like to branch him out into other RPGs. Unfortunately they're not really my genre of choice so I'm finding it hard to judge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Have ye seen the Japanese charts this week? Impressive stuff. Wii U didn't do too badly either.

http://nintendoeverything.com/media-create-sales-1123-1129/#disqus_thread

Wow, even the crappy Vita TV is outselling the Xbox One, damn that's harsh.
    And combined the N3DS and it's big brother are slaying everything else.
    And to think people were predicting Nintendo's demise... foolish people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow, even the crappy Vita TV is outselling the Xbox One, damn that's harsh.
    And combined the N3DS and it's big brother are slaying everything else.
    And to think people were predicting Nintendo's demise... foolish people

The Vita/PS TV was selling for as little as €20 in Germany (Not even getting hot), and €17.50 in France after they couldn't sell it for €21 - I think they even gave it away with PS4 purchases. Possibly had a massive price drop in Japan too?

But holy cr*p, that's crazy sales on the 3DS LL.. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll probably pick up the hopeless piece of tripe myself, if only so I can use the workaround and play most of my Vita games on the big screen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Allyall wrote: »
    But holy cr*p, that's crazy sales on the 3DS LL.. :eek:

I'm guessing it's related to the release of Monster Hunter X.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Terraria – Nintendo 3DS – Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OMnj75a74

I'm waiting for the Wii U version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love playing Pokemon Picross... but I love Picross so...

For anyone who's playing it and wants the passwords for the secret levels, they are
    18587211 89907383 74326715 77742314

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Pokemon Picross is out? :O

• Advertisement

Paper jam is good.

Advertisement