Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Is 117 for a "new 3ds" a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Using retroarch on my old 3ds XL and I am able to play snes games just fine using the catsfc core. Was just playing super metroid.
    marko93 wrote: »
    Is 117 for a "new 3ds" a good price?

That's a great price, where are you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

That's a great price, where are you seeing that?

Was in Smyths and the Black one had it 116.99 said here feck it I'll get rid of my old XL. Guy behind tolls was very very quick to shoot me down and say it was a miss price. Bummer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is the New 3DS much better?
    I don't play my 3DS religiously but was looking to upgrade :/
    Good prices on XL's on Amazon atm

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I picked up the 3DS XL for €130 on amazon over Christmas, seemed like a decent price.

I've no interest in the amiibo stuff, is that the only hardware difference in the "new" 3DS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I picked up the 3DS XL for €130 on amazon over Christmas, seemed like a decent price.

I've no interest in the amiibo stuff, is that the only hardware difference in the "new" 3DS?

The new models have a right analogue nub also plus extra shoulder buttons and a faster processor. Xenoblade for instance is only for the new models.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Deano7788 wrote: »
    The new models have a right analogue nub also plus extra shoulder buttons and a faster processor. Xenoblade for instance is only for the new models.

Also the Stable 3D is much better than the original.

abbir wrote: »
    Also the Stable 3D is much better than the original.

I don't play with 3D & don't play it enough to justify a New XL. Tend to just play games like Pokémon, Phoenix Wright & Layton.
    I bought a 3DS XL & Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for £80 on Amazon.
    A good price I thought.....:(

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't play with 3D & don't play it enough to justify a New XL. Tend to just play games like Pokémon, Phoenix Wright & Layton.
    I bought a 3DS XL & Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for £80 on Amazon.
    A good price I thought.....:(

That is a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just wondering, do you have to have played 999 before Virtue's Last Reward? Are they linked or is Last Reward just a spiritual successor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you have to have played 999 before Virtue's Last Reward? Are they linked or is Last Reward just a spiritual successor?

Fairly sure they're actually linked. Haven't played the second one yet, but I do think they're directly related

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm playing Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros at the moment and I'm absolutely loving it! So much personality! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm gonna finish bravely default before the new one in a few weeks I think. I've been on pokemon for quite a while now, getting a wee bit sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hey so my 3ds xl just tried to cook itself, looking for advice on what might be wrong with it? I left it plugged into laptop over lunch to charge and came back and it was absolutely boiling, unplugged it and opened it up as was on standby and screen displayed for a second then blacked out and it turned off with no response to power button. Plugged it back into laptop once it cooled down and charging indicator came on so tried turning it back on and it worked. Any clues as to what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hey so my 3ds xl MM just cooked itself, looking for advice on what might be wrong with it? I left it plugged into laptop over lunch to charge and came back and it was absolutely boiling, unplugged it and opened it up as was on standby and screen displayed for a but then second blacked out and it turned off with no response to power button. Plugged it back into laptop once it cooled down and charging indicator came on so tried turning it back on and it worked. Any clues as to what happened?

Could be high voltage from USB heating it up, I'd avoid leaving it connected to the laptop after this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hey so my 3ds xl just tried to cook itself, looking for advice on what might be wrong with it? I left it plugged into laptop over lunch to charge and came back and it was absolutely boiling, unplugged it and opened it up as was on standby and screen displayed for a second then blacked out and it turned off with no response to power button. Plugged it back into laptop once it cooled down and charging indicator came on so tried turning it back on and it worked. Any clues as to what happened?

Can you see any swelling of the battery externally? Sometimes lithium batterys swell and get hot (sometimes bursting into flames). If its not swelled just leave it cool and try another charger, might just be a dead battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Fairly sure they're actually linked. Haven't played the second one yet, but I do think they're directly related

Must get 999 then. Got Last Reward on Vita PS Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

imitation wrote: »
    Can you see any swelling of the battery externally? Sometimes lithium batterys swell and get hot (sometimes bursting into flames). If its not swelled just leave it cool and try another charger, might just be a dead battery.

Currently it seems to be holding the charge it has so hopefully the battery is okay but I'll remove the back and double check there's no visible issues

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

any idea on when we're getting Fire Emblem in this Nintendo backwater region

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    any idea on when we're getting Fire Emblem in this Nintendo backwater region

Nope, we're still on radio silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nope, we're still on radio silence.

Lovely, guess I'll have to make do with Bravely Second in the meantime. Or I could play through the last fire emblem again.

There's also a new pokemon mystery dungeon game out on the 19th.... people like those right?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Picross 3D Round 2 on the way in Europe. No launch date yet.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/02/usk_listing_reveals_picross_3d_round_2_for_europe

Instabuy when it appears. :)

Anybody play the Bravely Second demo yet?
    I downloaded it but won't be able to give it a go until Tuesday. Apparently it's quite a generous demo

I downloaded it but won't be able to give it a go until Tuesday. Apparently it's quite a generous demo

I haven't yet but Bravely Default had a great demo, you could unlock items in the actual game. If it's anything like that I can't wait to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is meant to take about 10 hours, but can be done in 5, the difficulty seems to be lower this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have an American 3DS an I'm extremely tempted to buy Fire Emblem Fates on the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I have an American 3DS an I'm extremely tempted to buy Fire Emblem Fates on the eShop.

Do it!!! What are you waiting for? :-D

• Advertisement

Yokai watch is out (finally) on 29th April!

Cb40AZiXIAAuKNO.png

Advertisement