Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the tv series supposedly starts about a week before as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

This is from the verified source on neogaf, but usual teaspoons of salt apply
    3DS release list 2016 *Funded by Nintendo only*:

Spring-Early Summer
    Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
    Nintendo Selects Wave 1
    Hyrule Warriors Legends
    Disney Art Academy
    Bravely Second
    Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
    Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
    Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
    Dragon Quest VII
    Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
    3DS Hardware Price Cut
    Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
    Nintendo Selects Wave 2
    Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

12764623_504946559688413_6720232456164941171_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pokémon Blue/Red remake with only the original 151?

Believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon Delta Emerald for me would be awesome.

• Advertisement

Do you guys give yourselves a weekly or monthly gaming budget? And do you stick to it?

I got an email from Amazon reminding me of all the stuff I want. Damn marketing people. :(

I don't have a budget per se, but I do try to limit the amount of games related stuff I buy. Mainly cos I now have shelves and shelves of games, and have completed hardly any of it.

Ideally I'd like to complete something or at least be finished with something before I move on but it's too hard sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon have been leaked. Most likely for the 3DS.
    NINTENDO WILL ANNOUNCE POKÉMON SUN AND MOON TOMORROW

We all of us know that Nintendo will broadcast tomorrow a new Pokémon Direct to celebrate 20 years of the franchise and to announce a new chapter probably. But none of us knows what the Japanese publisher will show in details. Looking at the trademarks registered in the European Market, we have found two new registrations requested by Nintendo itself just today. The requested trademarks are named “PoKéMoN SUN” and “PoKéMoN MOON” and both they report a logo. So, it is undeniable that Nintendo has intention to announce two new Pokémon versions. We don’t know for what platform, but it is very likely that the two title will be available for Nintendo 3DS. So prepare yourself for tomorrow!

Nintendo Pokémon Direct is scheduled for tomorrow, February 26, at 16.00 CET/15.00 GMT/7.00 am PT and it will be broadcasted on Twitch at twitch.tv/nintendo and Nintendo Direct website at nintendo.com/nintendo-direct.

http://nerdleaks.com/videogames/nintendo-will-announce-pokemon-sun-and-moon-tomorrow-157
    pokemon-sun-1.png

pokemon-moon-1.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-leaked-through-trademark-filings/

https://oami.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/#

NOA have had to act quickly and confirm the news.

The Direct is at 3 p.m. Irish time tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do you guys give yourselves a weekly or monthly gaming budget? And do you stick to it?

I got an email from Amazon reminding me of all the stuff I want. Damn marketing people. :(

I get paid by the wonderful HSE every fortnight, and I usually wind up spending about 40 per pay cycle on games.
    Seeing as I seldom see the inside of a pub and never a betting office I reckon I'm not doing too bad.
    It also spurs one on to find da barginz, such as the Shadow Warrior for my PS4 this morning that cost me €3 in GS Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

sligeach wrote:
    NOA have had to act quickly and confirm the news.

That's the fake account: NinLendo of America..

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I get paid by the wonderful HSE every fortnight, and I usually wind up spending about 40 per pay cycle on games.
    Seeing as I seldom see the inside of a pub and never a betting office I reckon I'm not doing too bad.
    It also spurs one on to find da barginz, such as the Shadow Warrior for my PS4 this morning that cost me €3 in GS Drogheda.

I'm actually the same; €20 a week. If I want a new release, I just won't spend for three weeks etc. Seems to work well and doesn't leave me feeling guilty!

Shadow Warrior is a peach by the way. Hilarious with great simple gameplay. Makes decent use of the touchpad too. No. 2 is out this year iirc.

Sun and Moon are all but confirmed/ Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokémon Direct Presentation - 26.02.2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9WJWp8zvs

Rather drab and hollow Direct. It was only 6 minutes long and yet it was stuffed to the gills with filler, not a single bit of footage or a screenshot from the new games. I hope they don't do this to a Zelda U Direct or any other game I care about.

Really? It was a 5 minute long direct, announcing a new game. If it hadn't leaked before hand, we'd have been stoked.

Its also worth noting, in regards to the leaked list, the codenames for Sun and Moon were in fact.. Niji. So the leak appears to be genuine.

New games announcement, announcement of being able to transfer mons from Gen 1 to gen 7 (presumably gen 7 anyway) nice little anniversary trailer, for a 5 minute direct it was fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Really wont to get a digital copy of pokemon yellow to play on the 3DS while i am bus to work. Only problem is my 2DS has a card that wont be named in it and i don't wont to risk updating the firmware on the card.

So i am on the look out for a cheap 3DS/2DS/3DS XL today. Anyone wont to sell me one today in cork ha ha. I don't care what the body looks like as long as the screens are perfect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You could always buy a lovely Gameboy Pocket and a proper copy of Pokémon Yellow...
    Just sayin'

You could always buy a lovely Gameboy Pocket and a proper copy of Pokémon Yellow...
    Just sayin'

Pfft, then he/she would have to sit in exactly the right angle to see the screen of the thing. And replace the battery in yellow as its probably run down by this point. And put two AA batteries in it.

The GB pocket has a fantastic screen, and replacing a Pokemon battery isn't hard.
    Plus, original hardware is always best.

• Advertisement

But but i can bring my Pokemon over to Pokemon Sun when ever it comes out :P.

I have a copy of pokemon yellow back home but i cant be assed to change the battery in it ha ha. Rather just play the game in my space time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Is there a big enough difference between the 2ds and the new 3ds XL to warrant the extra money?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Is there a big enough difference between the 2ds and the new 3ds XL to warrant the extra money?

Acres!
    Seriously, the XL has much larger screens as well as having the 3D functionality that the 2DS lacks.
    Plus, the New version also boots faster as well as faster online shopping in the EStore, and faster downloading of purchases.
    It's the best version of the 3DS there is ever likely to be.
    If you have the means, pick one up!

I didn't go for the XL though, happier with the more compact New 3DS, and it is a cracking machine indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Acres! Seriously, the XL has much larger screens as well as having the 3D functionality that the 2DS lacks. Plus, the New version also boots faster as well as faster online shopping in the EStore, and faster downloading of purchases. It's the best version of the 3DS there is ever likely to be. If you have the means, pick one up!

Cheers I've been on the fence on which version to get it would seem that the best experience will come from getting the xl version thanks

I would say that there's some great deals for the previous 3DS XL, coming in at around €120 at times.
    But the New 3DS XL biggest advantage is the far more accurate 3D effect, much easier to use, more comfortable too.

2DS sucks, don't get that. Lack of flip screen and what not kills it for me.

I suppose it was a reaction to the dual need of a simpler non 3D device for parents to buy their kids, concerned about the effects of the 3D tech on developing eyes and also it's cheap to make, with fewer components.
    My son uses one, even though he has ready access to a standard 3DS and a 3DS XL, but prefers to use the device he's always used, the 2DS I bought him a few years ago.
    While the DS family are a great design, with the screens protected, the hinges are vulnerable to rough use, particularly by kids, and have a habit of breaking fairly easily, having replaced a few cases and hinges myself. The 2DS is more of a slate and, once care is taken not to stand on the thing, it's pretty robust. Also, if one of the screens is damaged, it's now a fairly easy job to replace.
    But, for adults, it's 3DS all the way, though the Pokemon themed devices are lovely.

I have had a 3DS and 3DS XL and a 2DS.

The only one that i found comfy to play for longer then 30 mins with out hand cramps is the 2DS.

I seen one in a pawn shop for 60 i might buy that to play pokemon yellow as was in gamestop yesterday and they had the pokemon yellow 2DS but when i seen a 150 euros i was like F that :P.

I have had a 3DS and 3DS XL and a 2DS.

The only one that i found comfy to play for longer then 30 mins with out hand cramps is the 2DS.

I seen one in a pawn shop for 60 i might buy that to play pokemon yellow as was in gamestop yesterday and they had the pokemon yellow 2DS but when i seen a 150 euros i was like F that :P.

The device is strictly budget, the big selling point is really cheap access to the 3DS and DS library of games, the notion of selling it for the price of a 3DS or even an XL in one of the many sales is nuts.
    One strictly for the fans I'd say, I'll just wait and pick them up for €60 each in a year or so.

• Advertisement

The device is strictly budget, the big selling point is really cheap access to the 3DS and DS library of games, the notion of selling it for the price of a 3DS or even an XL in one of the many sales is nuts.
    One strictly for the fans I'd say, I'll just wait and pick them up for €60 each in a year or so.

I think a 150 is nuts for one but its more comfy for me to hold and play. Nintendo consoles and controllers kill my hands for some strange reason. While the 360 and the Ones controllers i could play for 4 hours none stop and no pain at all :/.

But goal today is 2DS or 3DS for cheap otherwise new boots ha ha.

Advertisement