Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think a 150 is nuts for one but its more comfy for me to hold and play. Nintendo consoles and controllers kill my hands for some strange reason. While the 360 and the Ones controllers i could play for 4 hours none stop and no pain at all :/.

But goal today is 2DS or 3DS for cheap otherwise new boots ha ha.

Check out CEX, you'll pick up a perfect 2DS for €80 plus a 24 month warranty
    2DS for €80
    And, if you have a few bits to trade in, you'll get it for even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is a great example of the difference between the 2DS/3DS and the New 3DS, check out the following comparison photos:
    Better textures and no fogging
    Huge texture differences in some cases
    Massively improved shadow quality

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Keep an eye on hduk, lots if good deals recently on 2ds/3ds etc or adverts is another place you may grab a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Adverts you joking me people are looking for what I csn get a new one online ha ha.

Priced a older style XL with pokemon x and another game for 150 that isn't that bad

Bought the 3DS XL with Pokemon X in Smiths for 150 today traded in Donkey kong for the WII U and Fifa 16 got 60 euros and sold my PS4 headset to CEX and got 30 so cost me the grand total of 80 euros as i had to buy a charger as well.

Now i am thinking i should have bought the newer model one for 60 euros more ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

traded in Donkey kong for the WII U

Take a seat TrustedApple. We need to have a little talk.

That man in the corner of the room? No, no it must be your imagination. Here, drink this.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Take a seat TrustedApple. We need to have a little talk.

That man in the corner of the room? No, no it must be your imagination. Here, drink this.

I played it for a Day and went meh its a good game but i have to much to play and it has went the same way as all my WII U games play for a day and never play again ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Hi just wondering does anyone know if the 2DS / New 3DS is region free? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone know if the 2DS / New 3DS is region free? Thanks!

Nope. DS games are, 3DS games aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Nope. DS games are, 3DS games aren't.

Is it the games or the console thats region locked? Im looking to buy some DS games from the US so would they be ok?

• Advertisement

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Is it the games or the console thats region locked? Im looking to buy some DS games from the US so would they be ok?

US DS games will work fine.

Bought the 3DS XL with Pokemon X in Smiths for 150 today traded in Donkey kong for the WII U and Fifa 16 got 60 euros and sold my PS4 headset to CEX and got 30 so cost me the grand total of 80 euros as i had to buy a charger as well.

Now i am thinking i should have bought the newer model one for 60 euros more ha ha.

Just a update on this opened up the 3DS it was used and covered in Finger prints and screen was dirty and all the box inside was all ripped :(.

Bright it back to Smiths and got my money back was looking forward to playing it but its just not meant to be ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just a update on this opened up the 3DS it was used and covered in Finger prints and screen was dirty and all the box inside was all ripped :(.

Bright it back to Smiths and got my money back was looking forward to playing it but its just not meant to be ha ha

Get the new version instead. I traded in my original XL for a normal sized New version and couldn't be happier. It's worth it for the improved 3D alone.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Get the new version instead. I traded in my original XL for a normal sized New version and couldn't be happier. It's worth it for the improved 3D alone.

Thats what i am thinking now. I can pick up a new normal size 3DS on Amazon france for like 140 and then pick up pokemon X somewhere else.

I wonted to have it to play on the bus trip to work tomorrow but sadly i have to wait :(

New Help fast.

Will i get a NEW 3DS XL or a new 3DS Monster Hunter EDU ?.

I am stuck with what model i should get :/.

Just get a New 3DS of some sort.

Just get a New 3DS of some sort.

Ordered a Blue New 3DS XL and Xenoblade Chronicles for the grand total of €157 euros.

Both said the boxes are slightly damaged from the Amazon Warehouse in Germany but who cares as thats very cheap compare to 250 in Smiths for the sam thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ordered a Blue New 3DS XL and Xenoblade Chronicles for the grand total of €157 euros.

Both said the boxes are slightly damaged from the Amazon Warehouse in Germany but who cares as thats very cheap compare to 250 in Smiths for the sam thing

I've bought a few things from Amazon Warehouse in Germany, and when they say boxes slightly damaged, or scuff marks/scratch marks may be seen on item, they must be covering themselves for the worst type of customer. They are always near perfect in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm currently on an enforced separation from my 3DS XL, which I forgot/left in my fathers car during a short break back to Ireland.

I can be reunited with the old one in a month or so, but I was going to pass it on and upgrade to a new 3DS (not XL).

I know what you should do to upgrade if in possession of new and old consoles. But if I don't have the old one with me, can I log in as me on new console, plod along with whatever software I get with it/install on it and then swap over my other software from the SD card at a later stage?

Or should I beg parents to jimmy out the card and post it to me?

I'm planning on going to this next week, and I fear my propensity to impulse purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Doesn't the n3DS use Micro SDs and the original uses SDs, so you can't move the card over anyway?

And unless they bind your account to the new console (phone Ninty Support, but you may need to prove you still own both consoles to prevent perceived fraud), you would be logged in on your ID but with out the software licenses that are tied to your old console?

...and even if they do rebind your licenses, wouldn't that mean you'd lose all your street passes? THE most important part of your 3DS's identity?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Doesn't the n3DS use Micro SDs and the original uses SDs, so you can't move the card over anyway?

And unless they bind your account to the new console (phone Ninty Support, but you may need to prove you still own both consoles to prevent perceived fraud), you would be logged in on your ID but with out the software licenses that are tied to your old console?

...and even if they do rebind your licenses, wouldn't that mean you'd lose all your street passes? THE most important part of your 3DS's identity?

I was thinking of using my pc card reader to copy and paste the old folder from SD to my computer desktop and then copy and paste content into micro SD?

I have my shiny Gold Zelda box so I suppose I could have that discussion with Ninty support. Or I could man up and be strong and only splurge on "games I can't play at all yet" as opposed to just "games I could theoretically play, but won't have time to".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Copying the SD card contents only speeds up the transfer process, you still need to do the transfer from one console to the other. (At which point the old one is back to blank/new console status, account/games wise.)

[heavy sigh] So i have to behave like a rational human being and wait a whole other two weeks? :mad:

Editors note: author was barely using the 3DS before this anyway, but now that it's actually missing.....

druss wrote: »
    I was thinking of using my pc card reader to copy and paste the old folder from SD to my computer desktop and then copy and paste content into micro SD?

This doesn't quite work. Or didn't the last time I had to do it.

When you view the file system on the SD, you should see that there's a directory with a key-mashed named, like kdfjghakdfjghas129i09808uo324kds - and in there is a similarly unique sub folder. I don't know exactly how it works but this is specific to your console.

I stand to be corrected, it's been a few years, but if you move that folder to the microSD on an n3DS, fire it up, then power it off and remove the microSD, you'll find the MicroSD has your old 3DS's folder on it and the n3DS's folder on it. And more importantly, your 3DS didn't see any of the games.

If you move all the game folders from the old 3DS's subfolder structure to the new one, you still won't have the games because the licenses haven't been transferred.

Now, if you get Ninty Support to transfer the licenses to your new hardware, by providing the serial numbers of the old and new consoles, I think you can access the games if you move the folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Managed to get my water damaged red 2ds back to life long enough to do a system transfer to my animal crossing 3ds xl didn't want to try it with my Monster Hunter New XL incase it went wrong. I now need to find someone that can take the led screen from my red 2ds into my original ambassador 2ds console for me.

Anyone know of anyone or anywhere in the Dublin area that does or can do repairs on 2ds consoles please let me know.

Also forgot to say my pokebank has bonked on me and locked me out, has anyone any experience of this and how did you get it sorted. Sorry for the crazy questions but if anyone knows how to answer them it will be someone here. :)

Are you paid up on Pokébank? It's a fiver a year and I think they lock it / delete it if you don't renew within a certain amount of time.

BTW, you might want to ask here :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1309

Anyone know the cheapest place new or 2nd hand for pokemon x or y ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Anyone know the cheapest place new or 2nd hand for pokemon x or y ?.

I got mine from Amazon UK along with my 3DSXL - was about 30 quid at the time.

Any time i've seen it second hand in shops it's been 35-45 euro unfortunately.

I've moved onto Omega Ruby so if you can't find a copy hit me up, we could always do a trade or something.

• Advertisement

I'm locked out as my nephew used a now deleated file and unconnected while transfering on my console. It keeps asking me to use the file to complete the sequence.

Banjo wrote: »
    Are you paid up on Pokébank? It's a fiver a year and I think they lock it / delete it if you don't renew within a certain amount of time.

BTW, you might want to ask here :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1309

Advertisement