Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Where's the cheapest place to get ORAS? Or will there be any price drops soon? I want to get caught up before Sun and Moon come out, but I need to finish Black's postgame and actually finish W2 and X first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Where's the cheapest place to get ORAS? Or will there be any price drops soon? I want to get caught up before Sun and Moon come out, but I need to finish Black's postgame and actually finish W2 and X first though.

Cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is Cubic Ninja still worth something? I have a copy on the way from CEX. It cost a fiver but I remember it going for a bit more a while back when it was discovered that it allowed you to do something 'frowned upon' with the 3DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently the only value the game had was as an exploit, which has since been patched.
    Otherwise it's reckoned to be mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

I want all 3 ;__;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Read on Nintendo Life that in Japan Capcom and Konami are releasing some of their SNES games on the 3DS too:

Capcom:
    Mega Man X
    Mega Man X2
    Mega Man X3
    Mega Man 7
    Street Fighter II Turbo
    Super Street Fighter II
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Final Fight
    Final Fight 2
    Final Fight Guy (aka Tough in Japan)
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Konami:
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
    Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Super Castlevania IV

Would love to see some of these make it over here too.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/konami_and_capcom_are_bringing_some_snes_classics_to_new_3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Hi folks I need your fine advice! I'm considering getting a 3ds and I've researched all the different versions but I'm still undecided.

My only constraint is budget - ideally I would like to go cheap, maybe a second hand 1st gen 3ds? Any problems or am I mad not to get a new 3ds?

Not unless you really wanna play SNES games on the go and like xenoblade that much, otherwise a 1st gen 3DS will do fine.

I really like the hyrule warriors demo. Its put me from a meh about this game to a must buy, so thats awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys, I got my birthday this month, so I just asked misses to get my some vouchers.
    Is the best place to get new 3ds is smyths right now? I finally decided to get another 3ds as I traded in my old one.
    They do this 209eu deal with one game. I never played any pokemon games so might get that.

Am I right to say that new 3ds screen is larger now? Or I was just smoking something?
    I used to have normal 3ds and xl and xl was a lot more comfortable, but now I am actually going to use outside of home, so small factor is kind of needed.

Oh and what I have missed out so far for 3ds? I am a massive monster hunter fan, so I am going to get new one asap. What's out there outside of that? I heard new fire emblem is out or coming out soon?

Where do you get your 3ds games now? Smyths has good prices, but they don't have any of the "proper" games. Bend over and take it up from gamestop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I get a lot from Smyth's, they seem to stock plenty of the newest titles that I can see, plus they have some great discounts from time to time, recently they were selling the 3DS XL for 120.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

scrapsmac wrote: »
    Hi folks I need your fine advice! I'm considering getting a 3ds and I've researched all the different versions but I'm still undecided.

My only constraint is budget - ideally I would like to go cheap, maybe a second hand 1st gen 3ds? Any problems or am I mad not to get a new 3ds?

Yeah kinda.

If money is an issue, honestly I would just wait. Nintendo will announce new hardware before E3 and apparently its a hybrid handheld, which fingers crossed is backwards compatible. If you can put buying something off until November-ish.

For me personally 100% abstaining from Nintendo hardware and software purchases until we know what NX actually is.

I'm getting more into this buying online shtick I must say, TGC and amazon have better prices than the high street even including a parcel motel charge.

Hey guys, I got my birthday this month, so I just asked misses to get my some vouchers.
    Is the best place to get new 3ds is smyths right now? I finally decided to get another 3ds as I traded in my old one.
    They do this 209eu deal with one game. I never played any pokemon games so might get that.

Am I right to say that new 3ds screen is larger now? Or I was just smoking something?
    I used to have normal 3ds and xl and xl was a lot more comfortable, but now I am actually going to use outside of home, so small factor is kind of needed.

Oh and what I have missed out so far for 3ds? I am a massive monster hunter fan, so I am going to get new one asap. What's out there outside of that? I heard new fire emblem is out or coming out soon?

Where do you get your 3ds games now? Smyths has good prices, but they don't have any of the "proper" games. Bend over and take it up from gamestop?

Think you'd missed out on MH4U? MH Generations looks great, but don't know if we'd gotten a solid release date for that just yet, beyond "Summer 2016"

As regards which version, the New 3DS has a screen size somewhere between that of the old model and the XL, and I went from a 3DS XL to the New 3DS and was very, very happy with the screen size!

Nice preview of MH:Generations from Gaijin Hunter here:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »

Excellent video that cheers. Tons of improvements in X it sounds like and thankfully no mention yet of it being exclusive to the New 3DS!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Star Lord wrote: »
    Think you'd missed out on MH4U? MH Generations looks great, but don't know if we'd gotten a solid release date for that just yet, beyond "Summer 2016"

As regards which version, the New 3DS has a screen size somewhere between that of the old model and the XL, and I went from a 3DS XL to the New 3DS and was very, very happy with the screen size!

Oh, cheers man. I missed out on 4, so kind of a reason on getting new 3ds now. I never knew new one coming out! Jackpot!!!
    So many games on 3ds I need to check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Not unless you really wanna play SNES games on the go and like xenoblade that much, otherwise a 1st gen 3DS will do fine.

I really like the hyrule warriors demo. Its put me from a meh about this game to a must buy, so thats awesome.

Yeah not overly fussed on Snes on 3ds. I have one hooked up! Lol

I take it nowhere stocks 1st gen 3ds? Is second hand best bet? If so any idea what ballpark figure I'm looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

scrapsmac wrote: »
    Yeah not overly fussed on Snes on 3ds. I have one hooked up! Lol

I take it nowhere stocks 1st gen 3ds? Is second hand best bet? If so any idea what ballpark figure I'm looking at?

About €50

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Excellent video that cheers. Tons of improvements in X it sounds like and thankfully no mention yet of it being exclusive to the New 3DS!
    No, I wouldn't imagine it's exclusive to the New 3DS, but probably like 4, where it loads way faster, and has upgraded textures and shadow quality on the new 3DS
    Oh, cheers man. I missed out on 4, so kind of a reason on getting new 3ds now. I never knew new one coming out! Jackpot!!!
    So many games on 3ds I need to check up.
    I know you love MH3U, and 4u is even better, and sounds like they've made it even better again with Generations, so might be worthwhile playing 4 before Generations!

I'm useless in MH4U, but I'm enjoying trying way more than 3U.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love Picross...

zelda-twilight-princess-my-nintendo-picross.jpg

Does anyone know what the story is with the mythical Pokémon distributions all this year? They're being distributed by GAME in the UK but by GameStop in Italy, France, etc. Will it be GameStop here or will we be screwed over because GAME left Ireland?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the story is with the mythical Pokémon distributions all this year? They're being distributed by GAME in the UK but by GameStop in Italy, France, etc. Will it be GameStop here or will we be screwed over because GAME left Ireland?

Pretty much. I can set up the giveaways in Galway if you want.

Pretty much. I can set up the giveaways in Galway if you want.
    I should have expected you replying tbh! By set up you mean?

I should have expected you replying tbh! By set up you mean?

Is it a me interest?

Eh I use a hotspot to simulate a Giveaway location in Spain and you use your DS and get a code. Essentially.

It's pretty easy to set up yourself if you'd prefer, I can get a link. You need a mobile hotspot and a sim card with data

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's pretty easy to set up yourself if you'd prefer, I can get a link. You need a mobile hotspot and a sim card with data

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Is it a me interest?

Eh I use a hotspot to simulate a Giveaway location in Spain and you use your DS and get a code. Essentially.

I should have expected you when Pokémon was mentioned :P
    As in you simulate the event giveaway? Sneaky, I like it, can you send me the link? I could probably sort it out myself!
    I think I have a Mew already so I don't mind missing the February one but I really want that Arceus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

You could try asking them on their new UK and Ireland Twitter account.

I don't think they've replied to anyone who's asked so far but maybe if enough of us do they'll consider giving us these events.

I should have expected you when Pokémon was mentioned :P
    As in you simulate the event giveaway? Sneaky, I like it, can you send me the link? I could probably sort it out myself!
    I think I have a Mew already so I don't mind missing the February one but I really want that Arceus...

Celebi is just WiFi, you don't need GAME for it. I'll post the link later

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-eu-get-the-mew-event-at-home.413162/

That's the link for anyone trying to set up the GAME giveaways. Only one per console

Think I've said this before, but its not up to Nintendo to give us events. Its up to the local distributor to apply for them, as in Gamestop or symths. If you wanna complain to anyone, complain to them.

• Advertisement

Celebi is just WiFi, you don't need GAME for it. I'll post the link later

I have Celebi already, was just wondering for the GAME exclusive ones like Arceus and Darkrai. Thanks for the link!

Advertisement