Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think I've said this before, but its not up to Nintendo to give us events. Its up to the local distributor to apply for them, as in Gamestop or symths. If you wanna complain to anyone, complain to them.

There's that, and there's the fact that even when Gamestop apply for them they don't always roll them out over here.

But there's no getting around the fact that Nintendo keep awarding these things to Game for the "UK and Ireland" territory, and Game do not have a presence in Ireland. They might as well give it to Spaghetti House. Or Toys R Us.

Sure, they're not obliged to give us any events. But this is not them giving us no events. This is them lying to themselves about giving us events - the net result is worse than nothing because on paper they don't see that we have anything to gripe about so it will never be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

But if symths or whatever retailer applied to be able to distribute codes, they'd probably get them. They got rayquaza codes not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got my new 3ds xl there this morning the one I got from amazon warehouse deals. Only thing wrong with it is that there is a mark on the back of it other then that it's perfect. For 125 euros it's a bargin

There was also a copy of Kong fu panda 2 for the ds know it ha ha. Was like WTF? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Yeah that's a good bargain! Did you manage to track down Pokemon X?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yeah that's a good bargain! Did you manage to track down Pokemon X?

Nope not yet have not been lucky :(.

Going to get pokemon yellow to get me going for a while this evening when I get home from work.

Question for people if I buy a game from the end store is it tied to the console or to my account ?. As I know it's 1/2 ass on the 3DS ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So hopefully I am getting my "new" 3ds next week after my birthday. ( people better don't back stab me on those vouchers lol) and I am already making up list of games I want to get.

99% I will be going for that smyths deal amd get 3ds and pokemon game for 209. Is there any difference between two versions? Like some major one? Or do I just go with the one that has cooler pokemon on box. :) Its going to be my first pokemon game so I have no clue.
    I am getting monster hunter 4 too, but looks like I will just bend over to gamestop as there are no good deals for it, only amazon, but just 10 cheaper and I will need to wait.

Another problem is the fire emblem. I really loved it, but traded it in with my 3ds back in the day. It looks like impossible to get now unless amazon. Still very expensive for old game ( I know the while gig with Nintendo games and how they hold price). New one coming out in may? I wonder do I suck it up and wait or suck it up and buy from Amazon. I might call gamestop I traded it in to. It was years ago and I still sow it on shelves as I bet no one knows what game it is and just ignored it. Would love to buy it back. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It might end up on the Nintendo selects range.

Also Fire Emblem Fates special edition should be up for preorder this week. Sold out almost immediately in the US so I'm sitting in work constantly refreshing the page :) The special edition has all three new fire emblem games while with the regular edition you will need to buy two games and the third game as DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Speaking of Selects, is it only the US that is getting Ocarina while the EU is getting a Link Between Worlds?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It might end up on the Nintendo selects range.

Also Fire Emblem Fates special edition should be up for preorder this week. Sold out almost immediately in the US so I'm sitting in work constantly refreshing the page :) The special edition has all three new fire emblem games while with the regular edition you will need to buy two games and the third game as DLC.

Any idea where it will show up first?

druss wrote: »
    Speaking of Selects, is it only the US that is getting Ocarina while the EU is getting a Link Between Worlds?

We've already had a link between worlds selects, that was a while ago. We're not getting any 3DS in this selects wave I don't believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Any idea where it will show up first?

Amazon.fr and Amazon.es both have it up now, you still cannot order it, but its a good sign, stay away from any German, Dutch or Swiss sites offering the game now for preorder, they have no idea how many they will get and will cancel a load of preorders, some have been offering it for nearly 3 weeks already.

Wish they'd hurry up and put fire emblem for pre order. I've been refreshing Gamestop's page for 2 days now.

Wish they'd hurry up and put fire emblem for pre order. I've been refreshing Gamestop's page for 2 days now.

Gamestop are charging €69.99 for each of Birthright and Conquest, god only knows how much they will charge for the SE, the SE should be €80-€90 going by what other EU sites have been charging.

If people want to go the digital route, to get all 3 games will be between €80-90.

My cheap copy of luigi's mansion also arrived from amazon 2 months after ordering. Game is great.

Gone all ready

That was quick, got mine thankfully, it really is a mad scramble to get it, Amazon.es sold out in under a minute yesterday.

Xenji wrote: »
    That was quick, got mine thankfully, it really is a mad scramble to get it, Amazon.es sold out in under a minute yesterday.

You serious! Don't think I'll be getting it. Really bad mobile signal here in work and the work PCs are so slow.
    Hopefully Gamestop get it, even if it's overpriced.

You serious! Don't think I'll be getting it. Really bad mobile signal here in work and the work PCs are so slow.
    Hopefully Gamestop get it, even if it's overpriced.

I would go the digital route before paying them anything, €40 for one game and then €20 for each additional route, so basically €80 for all 3 games.

Xenji wrote: »
    I would go the digital route before paying them anything, €40 for one game and then €20 for each additional route, so basically €80 for all 3 games.

I like cardboard, so I tend to go physical. Getting really sick of the scramble for Nintendo special editions.

• Advertisement

I like cardboard, so I tend to go physical. Getting really sick of the scramble for Nintendo special editions.

Yeah the SE sold out all over North America in over an hour, tons of pre orders were cancelled as well as stores took in far too many pre orders before they knew what stock they were getting.

Any time Gamestop... any time. No hurry.

I prebooked one of the stand alone games, as I was told that they would be ringing anyone who has preordered that to give first preference on the special edition.
    They have no idea when it will be up for preorder.

Sigh. How annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I found Touchmaster recently in Gamestop and then I began to remember playing it as soon as it came out and man it was my favourite DS game ever - and still is! I'm glad that I found it again and bought it because back in like 2010, I lost my copy. Touchmaster 2 was also great crack though not nearly as good as the first one. I did not particularly like Touchmaster 3 and 4 though they're not bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

GameStop are taking preorders as of this morning!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    GameStop are taking preorders as of this morning!

I'm still waiting for it to go up on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have the individual games listed as €69.99. The SE will probably be well over €150 at that rate.

If I'm to guesstimate (which I am) I think between 90 and 120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Went to Gamestop at lunchtime. Their listed price is €120. I asked if that was the final price and was told they're normally pretty accurate (the most it will go down is a fiver).

€20 to lock in a spot, and the stock level is already flashing red.

You can pay a bit off at a time if you want, so I'll put €50 on it in April and pay the balance in May when it's released.

Advertisement