Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, but it's much easier to do collectors edition faceplates, and keep the standard production lines running without any interruption or change.

I hope I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Star Lord wrote: »
    I think that's the point, that the regular model New 3DS will be the only one getting special editions, as it's so easy for them to just slap on a faceplate, whereas the XL doesn't have the faceplates, so it's a little more difficult to make special editions.

Not saying they won't exist, but XL owners will just miss out on those nice face plates, which will be a more common bundle option.

NEW NINTENDO 3DS LL - MONSTER HUNTER 4G SPECIAL PACK

NEW NINTENDO 3DS - GROUDON EDITION

I guess it's level pegging in Japan so far, could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Leaked Gamestop US promo material. Interesting that Majoras Mask is on the poster as well, coming out same day or very near perhaps?

new-nintendo-3ds-leaked-poster-640x480.jpg?f319f9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

13th of February is a Friday and we usually get our releases on a Friday so if that's to be believed then perhaps a joint European/American release?

We can only hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really really hope so. Quite unusual for the americans to get game stuff on a friday I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone see the Paperweight freebie with Majora's Mask from GAME, damn I hate being a European, damn yanks get all the good stuff.

13th feb date for US has been confirmed by gamestop sources. Majoras mask is so close :D

U2ORJOb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who has it, how's the c-stick/nub/nipple?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Anyone see the Paperweight freebie with Majora's Mask from GAME, damn I hate being a European, damn yanks get all the good stuff.

I much prefer the nintendo shop's exclusive.

Which I'm getting :D

Is it definite that the only way to get a hold of that exclusive is to try Parcel Motel? I mean, I'll buy 2 extra if people want but I don't want to be left with 3 copies of Majoras Mask... I love it and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

gubbie wrote: »
    I much prefer the nintendo shop's exclusive.

Which I'm getting :D

Is it definite that the only way to get a hold of that exclusive is to try Parcel Motel? I mean, I'll buy 2 extra if people want but I don't want to be left with 3 copies of Majoras Mask... I love it and everything

If you do happen to get more than 1, I'll certainly take one.

Buying from Nintendo through Parcel Motel seems to be random, I got a confirmation email from Nintendo that they wouldn't deliver there but other people have said some go through and some are cancelled.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For anyone who has it, how's the c-stick/nub/nipple?

feels like a rubber button, haven't got to play a game with it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone else get emailed 4 Monster Hunter Demo Codes, or am I the Chosen One?

At least 2 are up for grabs, BTW - let the begging commence!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I guess it's too early to start inquiring as to whether a new 3DS or XL model would be the better buy?

The SNES-style colour scheme and supposedly better build quality of the new 3DS seem to be the major pros over the current XL but, assuming portability isn't an issue, I guess the XL is still the one to go for?

Pity the former's colour scheme isn't an option for the new XL. :(

Banjo wrote: »
    Anyone else get emailed 4 Monster Hunter Demo Codes, or am I the Chosen One?

At least 2 are up for grabs, BTW - let the begging commence!

NoE've hated me since halloween. :'(
    gizmo wrote: »
    I guess it's too early to start inquiring as to whether a new 3DS or XL model would be the better buy?

The SNES-style colour scheme and supposedly better build quality of the new 3DS seem to be the major pros over the current XL but, assuming portability isn't an issue, I guess the XL is still the one to go for?

Pity the former's colour scheme isn't an option for the new XL. :(

XL doesn't have faceplates.
    If you like stretched pixelated images, get the XL.

£180 on Game.co.uk, should work out to 220 here then.

cloud493 wrote: »
    £180 on Game.co.uk, should work out to 220 here then.

"180 British Pound Sterling equals 232.38 Euro" - Google, 2015
    so 250 in gamestop then confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Coming on the 2nd of April, unfortunately only on the new 3DS.

B7UpXdhCUAERBF_.jpg

does it offer anything over the wii version?
    the screenshots from twitter look like awfulness.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/555374060281266176

/\/ollog wrote: »
    does it offer anything over the wii version?
    the screenshots from twitter look like awfulness.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/555374060281266176

Not that I can glean so far, they might just be releasing it to hype up Xenoblade X that is coming at some point this year, it does look awful and jaggies everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Still have my wii copy shrinkwrapped. I think it's time to face facts. I can buy games a lot faster than I can play them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think it's just a 3D remake. If it offers anything over the Wii version it'll be a lower price. Looked better than that in the live broadcast though.

A new Fire Emblem game was announced today as well, we will probably not see it over here till the end of the year here or early next year.

3ds_fireemblem_011415fbj5p.png

3ds_fireemblem_0114154wk9l.png

£180 for the standard New 3DS XL, wonder how much they will charge for the MH4 or MM editions, was going to start a thread on this but might as well put it here.

HMV/Xtravision no chance of stocking this as they don't do Nintendo

Argos, should have the New 3DS and New 3DS XL and maybe the Zelda edition

Smyths, same as Argos probably dearer though.

Gamestop, Probably will be only place to stock Monster Hunter bundle, will charge a premium too if past transgressions are anything to go by.

GAME, as Cloud has already stated £180 for New 3DS XL, £150 for New 3DS, no price for either bundle yet.

Nintendo themselves maybe the best option if you want a bundle edition or play the Russian Roulette of Argos on 13 February.

One last bit of advice here get your hands on Amiibos now as the prices will skyrocket again closer to launch day for the first two waves.

yeah, that new fire emblem game, does that confirm SMT x FE was cancelled?

£180 for the standard New 3DS XL, wonder how much they will charge for the MH4 or MM editions, was going to start a thread on this but might as well put it here.

HMV/Xtravision no chance of stocking this as they don't do Nintendo

Argos, should have the New 3DS and New 3DS XL and maybe the Zelda edition

Smyths, same as Argos probably dearer though.

Gamestop, Probably will be only place to stock Monster Hunter bundle, will charge a premium too if past transgressions are anything to go by.

GAME, as Cloud has already stated £180 for New 3DS XL, £150 for New 3DS, no price for either bundle yet.

Nintendo themselves maybe the best option if you want a bundle edition or play the Russian Roulette of Argos on 13 February.

One last bit of advice here get your hands on Amiibos now as the prices will skyrocket again closer to launch day for the first two waves.

I am actually thinking of getting one from VGP, games will be a lot cheaper that way, kicking myself still for not getting my 3DS from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Xenji wrote: »
    A new Fire Emblem game was announced today as well, we will probably not see it over here till the end of the year here or early next year.

Fire Emblem, for anyone who hasn't played it, is one of those games that you don't expect to like, but then absolutely adore. I never particularly cared for Advance Wars which is of the same ilk as FE, but it was a very pleasant surprise so I'm looking forward to this!

Someone posted earlier the US are only getting the XL, not sure if that has been confirmed yet.

Fire Emblem, for anyone who hasn't played it, is one of those games that you don't expect to like, but then absolutely adore. I never particularly cared for Advance Wars which is of the same ilk as FE, but it was a very pleasant surprise so I'm looking forward to this!

I love them as well, you can lose yourself for hours in them.

Someone posted earlier the US are only getting the XL, not sure if that has been confirmed yet.

They only showed the XL model on their stream, and only tweeted two models, both XL, navy and wine.

• Advertisement

Been playing it the past few days I screwed up the story and ended up married to the dancer as Chrom so I wiped my save and have set up the relationships better with all of my characters, bought the champions of yore pack on dlc too so I'm playing as Prince Marth, great game so far I have played the GBA, Gamecube and DS versions too, good way to unwind playing this game too.

Advertisement