Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mr E wrote: »
    Went to Gamestop at lunchtime. Their listed price is €120. I asked if that was the final price and was told they're normally pretty accurate (the most it will go down is a fiver).

€20 to lock in a spot, and the stock level is already flashing red.

You can pay a bit off at a time if you want, so I'll put €50 on it in April and pay the balance in May when it's released.

How much is that off the prices online? Seems pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Went to Gamestop at lunchtime. Their listed price is €120. I asked if that was the final price and was told they're normally pretty accurate (the most it will go down is a fiver).

€20 to lock in a spot, and the stock level is already flashing red.

You can pay a bit off at a time if you want, so I'll put €50 on it in April and pay the balance in May when it's released.

Got mine for €82 on Amazon.fr, €80-€90 seems to be the norm around Europe, Gamestop taking the piss again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It'll be hard to get online - seems to sell out in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It'll be hard to get online - seems to sell out in a matter of minutes.

I set up Visualping to notify me as soon as any of the Amazon pages were updated, that was the only way I got mine, they were literally going in seconds.

I've given up on getting it online. That Amazon fr link from here was sold within a minute and that was on a day where I could drop everything to get online, don't have that luxury most days.
    I've preordered from Gamestop. Don't feel too bad as its a saving of €10 on getting the two games separately from there ;)

So I was told anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats annoying, wish I'd gone to gamestop while I was out now.

Not too late. Ring up your local gamestop and see what they say. Stock was low in my local gamestop, but might be OK in yours.

Legged it up to GameStop, got that pre order.

Well done. :)

Danke. 120 is a little steep, but it might come down a tenner or so, which is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, I've never seen so many people posting about getting along to Gamestop!
    Usually it's "bunch of thieving gits and only fools go there"

AKA "The Last Resort", Cidey. :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Better than not ordering it, or ordering it off some foreign site and getting your order cancelled or something. Such is life.

Wish Game had never left *plays worlds smallest violin*

I'm a massive fool though Ciderman. Can't wait for this game, going to take the year off to finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wait a ****ing second. Does gamestop really charging 69.99eu for a 3ds game now?!?! Why fire emblem so expensive?!
    I hope other retailers will do it for a normal price now.

Time to start ordering online :)

Time to start ordering online :)

Where?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wait a ****ing second. Does gamestop really charging 69.99eu for a 3ds game now?!?! Why fire emblem so expensive?!
    I hope other retailers will do it for a normal price now.

Yeah they're a bunch of thieving gits and only fools go there... Or so it's been said....

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where?

The Game Collection! Not for fire emblem I mean, just for general 3DS bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Caved and ordered it from Gamestop.I just loved Awakening so much...:o

• Advertisement

Yeah they're a bunch of thieving gits and only fools go there... Or so it's been said....

Well, I look at gamestop from different point of view. Its a place where I get games if I want them now and don't want wait for delivery and a place where bargains come up. Or when Iwan to trade in games on their special deals.
    When I lived in small town gamestop was the only option as Cork was 35km away amd with my previous cars I would spend same money buying in Cork from somewhere else when petrol money included. Yes, my cars always were so bad!
    Plus lads in local gamestop were sound as **** and always help me get best deal. Few times they would just tell me to buy some odd games they had in stock then trade them in right away as it was cheaper then buying right up from a counter. I made even good real friends I hang out now.
    Then again gamestop topic always opens a can of worms...
    Now that I live in limerick city I got a lot more options to buy from. Cex in particular.

On other topic:

I finally managed to set up my 3ds I got yesterday. I love being back with 3ds, but I think I made a mistake. I am sort of stuck between two fires. I need it to be portable as for the first time in my life I will be using it outside of home, due to work travel and time before my shifts starts. On the other hand, 3ds xl always felt more natural in my hands. Its a bit uncomfortable to hold 3ds. My hands are a bit biggish lol.
    So yeah, love small factor of 3ds, but I can't get comfortable with it...
    Other thing: I love 3d on it, but it flickers a lot more then I remember from original model. I wonder if I got setup wrong or that new 3d option is not working for me properly.

Other then that, love playing monster hunter again. :)

Well, I look at gamestop from different point of view. Its a place where I get games if I want them now and don't want wait for delivery and a place where bargains come up. Or when Iwan to trade in games on their special deals.
    When I lived in small town gamestop was the only option as Cork was 35km away amd with my previous cars I would spend same money buying in Cork from somewhere else when petrol money included. Yes, my cars always were so bad!
    Plus lads in local gamestop were sound as **** and always help me get best deal. Few times they would just tell me to buy some odd games they had in stock then trade them in right away as it was cheaper then buying right up from a counter. I made even good real friends I hang out now.
    Then again gamestop topic always opens a can of worms...
    Now that I live in limerick city I got a lot more options to buy from. Cex in particular.

I may have been a small bit sarcastic....

I read a lot of posts about the pricing policies of Gamestop, which are typically on the high side, to say the least.
    But the ones that grind my gears are the ones that accuse them of ripping people off, or robbing people blind, despite the lack of abduction and extortion evidence, people being free to shop there or elsewhere.
    I'm not trying to ignite a debate here, just saying I buy from them when they offer value, I don't when they don't.

I may have been a small bit sarcastic....

I read a lot of posts about the pricing policies of Gamestop, which are typically on the high side, to say the least.
    But the ones that grind my gears are the ones that accuse them of ripping people off, or robbing people blind, despite the lack of abduction and extortion evidence, people being free to shop there or elsewhere.
    I'm not trying to ignite a debate here, just saying I buy from them when they offer value, I don't when they don't.

Spot on. If you don't like them, don't buy it. Vote with wallet. Just blatant " they are evil" annoys me too.

Spot on. If you don't like them, don't buy it. Vote with wallet. Just blatant " they are evil" annoys me too.

Everyone knows that CEX are evil anyways...
    Not knowing what nose picking, willy fondling, ball scratching creature traded in the encrusted DS game you've just bought is torture... just keep hand cleanser and your vaccines topped up before buying ;)

Not knowing what nose picking, willy fondling, ball scratching creature traded in the encrusted DS game you've just bought is torture... just keep hand cleanser and your vaccines topped up before buying ;)

..... Well there goes my appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I really should go on the e-store more often. I had no idea there was more than one PicrossE games!

Good point on portable games. I bought monster hunter 4 in gamestop yesterday. New 54, second hand 44.... Nah lads, cheers, I'll buy brand new one. :D

By the way, with cex. Can you trade in stuff amd get vouchers and use vouchers in their online store and get stuff delivered? I like how they show trade in value of games online, but some of games I want they don't have in local shops.

I think a lot of people are wary of their online ordering, they find that they order several items, only receive half of them and get fobbed off with a refund for the items that didn't arrive.
    Also, you can't check the state of preowned disks when you buy online and the game you receive may not be in the best of condition or it might be missing a manual or part of the cover, but it wouldn't be cost effective to return them.
    I'd say simply be careful.

I actually just ordered a DS game from cex, came and the case was all horrid, and the actual sleeve was all ripped and torn. Gutted I was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Balls, I just ordered two 3DS games from them as well. :P

I won't be overjoyed if the cases are crap, but if the games work I'll be grand. I'll just disinfect them before use, to get the shtink of nutsack scratching and willy fondling off of them. :pac:

Will update when they arrive.

Advertisement