Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably not as bad as some SNES games I've gotten at the Sunday market, some of them were definitely in need of de-lousing before use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Actually, I just realised this is probably the best place to ask a specific question:

While I got the 3ds games off of CEX, I have yet to get an actual device to play them on.

So, is the XL version worth it? It's about €220 on Amazon, I'd imagine that's the cheapest I'm going to get new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sheep? wrote: »
    Actually, I just realised this is probably the best place to ask a specific question:

While I got the 3ds games off of CEX, I have yet to get an actual device to play them on.

So, is the XL version worth it? It's about €220 on Amazon, I'd imagine that's the cheapest I'm going to get new?

Have a look on Amazon DE for a warehouse deal i picked up my new 3DS XL for €130 posted they said the box was marked it was but the 3DS was like new it was basically a return someone didnt wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Probably not as bad as some SNES games I've gotten at the Sunday market, some of them were definitely in need of de-lousing before use.

Found a 22 year old box of smarties and some sticks of juicy fruits when I opened a Mega Drive box I got from a bootsale before.

Have a look on Amazon DE for a warehouse deal i picked up my new 3DS XL for €130 posted they said the box was marked it was but the 3DS was like new it was basically a return someone didnt wont.

Jaypors, bang on. Even the new ones are cheaper than the UK ones, cheers mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nice to see Gamestop matching prices across the EU - https://www.gamestop.it/3DS/Games/98092/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition

€20 cheaper after shipping (could probably add other items to bring overall price down)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

ordered........anyone know what gamestop are like for cancellations?

Really want the game but don't particularly want to give gamestop my business, would happily order elsewhere at a lower price!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Allyall wrote: »
    Nice to see Gamestop matching prices across the EU - https://www.gamestop.it/3DS/Games/98092/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I actually just ordered a DS game from cex, came and the case was all horrid, and the actual sleeve was all ripped and torn. Gutted I was.

I online ordered Kirby Superstar Ultra DS from CEX before Christmas as a Santa present. It was €20-ish, while the R.A.G.E. wanted €60!

Anyway, game arrived, box and manual in perfect nick, but the game wouldn't play. Further inspection revealed astonishing amounts of gunk on the cart contacts (so I assume CEX don't test them).

Was mildly gutted, but with some light cleaning of the contacts with a cocktail stick I was able to resurrect it and Christmas was saved! :pac:

• Advertisement

Gamestop must be a franchise thing, right? Hence our getting screwed on that price.

I think we should moan loudly as possible, frankly. Even if we get no reduction, they'll know we're cross.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I online ordered Kirby Superstar Ultra DS from CEX before Christmas as a Santa present. It was €20-ish, while the R.A.G.E. wanted €60!

Anyway, game arrived, box and manual in perfect nick, but the game wouldn't play. Further inspection revealed astonishing amounts of gunk on the cart contacts (so I assume CEX don't test them).

Was mildly gutted, but with some light cleaning of the contacts with a cocktail stick I was able to resurrect it and Christmas was saved! :pac:

Make sure to wash yourself afterwards... You never know where that gunk came from!

Man, I posted that thing about CEX a little in jest, but now I'm thinking of hiring a temporary biohazard cleanroom before they get here. :eek:

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Make sure to wash yourself afterwards... You never know where that gunk came from!

Need to stop reading this thread with a plate of food with me, puts me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Then the smell in CEX why does it allway's have a bad smell of BO ?. Then the stores allway's look so dirty :/.

Gamestop is the same in there older stores they should really get things to make the store smell clean

Then the smell in CEX why does it allway's have a bad smell of BO ?. Then the stores allway's look so dirty :/.

Gamestop is the same in there older stores they should really get things to make the store smell clean

They are usually full of 12-15 year old boys who need their money for Monster and games, not for an auld can of Lynx Atlantis.

I find it's often the stereotypical hairy lads with their belongings in a tesco bag that carry with them the odour of showers not taken.
    Teenage boys typically have a similar smell but made more complex by the addition of layers of Lynx bodyspray, applied over the armpit grime every morning.

I worked in Gamestop back when it was Gamesworld, on my offduty days, and it was great craic, and the Gamestop shops that were less shiny and corporate tended to be the fun ones to hang out in.
    Now there's a lot of fellas spouting about loyalty clubs and whatever game the Sony or Ubi rep has told them to sell, though there is still a few cracking shops, the one in Balbriggan comes to mind.
    But back in the day it was vacuuming and polishing in the mornings, getting it all ship shape, and having the work experience minions continue to dust throughout the day, wasn't a speck of dust left in the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

pasta-solo wrote: »
    GameStop are taking preorders as of this morning!

Aaaaannd... they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Re. Fire Emblem Limited Edition, what am I missing? The two standalone physical base games are €90 and Revelation is €20(?) to download.

Are people drooling over the LE for the privilege of having the three games on one cart and an art book, along with paying an extra €10 to do so?

I can fully understand the LE at the €80 price point but €120?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Up on Amazon France €89.99 - http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01AK3VGS6/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I was in there this evening and was told that today was the only/last day to pre order it that they weren't taking any more pre orders after that.

gone already it seems

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Re. Fire Emblem Limited Edition, what am I missing? The two standalone physical base games are €90 and Revelation is €20(?) to download.

Are people drooling over the LE for the privilege of having the three games on one cart and an art book, along with paying an extra €10 to do so?

I can fully understand the LE at the €80 price point but €120?

They're not €45 on the high street, gamestop has them for 70 each. Add in 20 for the extra campaign, the steel book, and the poster or whatever it is, and its alright.

Still a rip off, but.

Anyone who pays Gamestop €70 for a 3DS game needs their head checked, you can easily get them for €35-€40 online or go the digital route and get all three games for €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanks for that, got it pre-ordered before they were all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone who pays Gamestop €70 for a 3DS game needs their head checked, you can easily get them for €35-€40 online or go the digital route and get all three games for €80.

Good chance argos will have it? Bastards have it though only on launch day, so you never know the price.
    Next stop smyths?

Good chance argos will have it? Bastards have it though only on launch day, so you never know the price.
    Next stop smyths?

Argos didn't stock the last fire emblem, neither did symths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

They're not €45 on the high street, gamestop has them for 70 each. Add in 20 for the extra campaign, the steel book, and the poster or whatever it is, and its alright.

Still a rip off, but.

Smyths has them listed for €45.

Advertisement