Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Doh, my bad. Well, 90 quid for two games, 20 for DLC, works out at a tenner for poster, art book, steelbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Hi all, tried to find a thread that was appropriate for this so I hope you don't mind me posting it here, feel free to move if needed.

I'm considering picking up a 3DS to tide me over on my commutes, can't seem to see console package deals online for high street stores, does anyone have any idea if Smyths/Argos/Gamestop tend to run any deals to get console + game etc and how much roughly they might be?

Also if people wouldn't mind giving any feedback/experience on whether the new 3DS XL is really worth getting as opposed to the new 3DS?

I'd appreciate any help people could give me!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Go to amazon de and buy a new 3ds xl from the warehouse deals on it as there about 160 or 170 for it. A lot cheaper then what you pay in stores here for one. Basicly this is the cheapest way and you csn buy the games you won't with it then and not take a game you don't like Eg if buying from a shop in Ireland.

Deals In gamestop are 250 with a game worth less then 30 euros.
    Smiths 240 with a Mario game.
    Argos is about the same with a game.
    Then you have to add in the 10 euro plug for it on top of all the prices.
    Cex then is a crazy price for a 2nd hand console at 210 not boxed

I say go for the xl as the screens are bigger it's nicer to hold and it has a better barrtry life then the normal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I can confirm this, I was in your shoes about a week ago OniTeshi, and on TrustedApple's advise I went all European.

As it turns out, I managed to find one cheaper on amazon.fr than amazon.de, but it was a negligible difference. The prices can change quite a bit every week, but I got a new 3DSXL for 170, new including P+P.

I mean....gamestop are selling them for 240 new, and 230 preowned. Christ.

I mean, even if you then bought a new game for 50/60 it still works out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Try curiua.com to check all the Amazon's at once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Also have a look here - http://geizhals.eu/?fs=new+3ds+xl&in=

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Awesome guys thanks very much for the feedback!

Hyrule warriors is fun, I'm glad I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm to meet a guy tomorrow to buy his 3ds and it comes with this charger

https://www.google.ie/search?q=3ds+double+pin+out&client=ms-android-samsung&source=lnms&biw=360&bih=512&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIzfGQuuHLAhVHog4KHR5ECSkQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=3ds+charger&imgrc=9sZrX5aP2PjS7M%3A

If I get an adaptor would I be able to charge it?

Better yet..if i get a UK charger will it charge fine?

He says it's a European 3ds, what issues am I likely to come into as opposed to buying one made for the Irish market?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm to meet a guy tomorrow to buy his 3ds and it comes with this charger

https://www.google.ie/search?q=3ds+double+pin+out&client=ms-android-samsung&source=lnms&biw=360&bih=512&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIzfGQuuHLAhVHog4KHR5ECSkQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=3ds+charger&imgrc=9sZrX5aP2PjS7M%3A

If I get an adaptor would I be able to charge it?

Better yet..if i get a UK charger will it charge fine?

He says it's a European 3ds, what issues am I likely to come into as opposed to buying one made for the Irish market?

Its PAL so It should be fine if its EU (right?) If I were you, I'd take a game along with you to test that, just in case.

• Advertisement

Gamestop has dropped the price of the regular fire emblem editions to 55 each. Hope we get a drop on that limited edition before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gamestop has dropped the price of the regular fire emblem editions to 55 each. Hope we get a drop on that limited edition before launch.

We may all ring and look for a saving. The whole spiel I got was that the special edition was saving on getting both standalones. It's not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Its PAL so It should be fine if its EU (right?) If I were you, I'd take a game along with you to test that, just in case.

I have no games, he's giving me two. He did say it's EU though.

Any idea about the charger? Does any region charger work on any ds? I could use a travel adaptor in the mean time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I have no games, he's giving me two. He did say it's EU though.

Any idea about the charger? Does any region charger work on any ds? I could use a travel adaptor in the mean time

As long as its a EU model it should be grand. My own one is a german model and works on my UK and Ireland plug, plays my Irish and UK games so no problem.

Anyway must 1st party games on the 3DS are 5 - 1 lanagange wise anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks grand for what it is, but it's not single player so I'm out

Even if federation force wasn't what it is, I hate games with that co-op focus, and there's barely any single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

looks fun! i hope it doesnt have the same fate as triforce heros, its very difficult to get a game with three players. tyring to match with four people could be a problem, unless they allow for two players to go on a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Fire emblem fates special edition up for pre order on game uk site

£69.99 + postage

bkrangle wrote: »
    Fire emblem fates special edition up for pre order on game uk site

£69.99 + postage

Thank you! Works out a bit cheaper than Gamestop and now I won't have to drive anywhere.

Got it! £70 is what, 92 euro? Plus 4.50 parcel motel, much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

It seems to be still available which is surprising given how quickly it has sold out elsewhere.

Hopefully they don't take more orders than they can handle.

sheep? wrote: »
    Balls, I just ordered two 3DS games from them as well. :P

I won't be overjoyed if the cases are crap, but if the games work I'll be grand. I'll just disinfect them before use, to get the shtink of nutsack scratching and willy fondling off of them. :pac:

Will update when they arrive.

Just to be fair to cex and all that, I got these two games today and they're in fine condition.

Nary a hint of willy off of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Parcel motel increased their prices again?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Parcel motel increased their prices again?

They've been 4.50 long as I've been using them sure.

Star Lord wrote: »

I'm not Sure I want to find out. :p

On another note, my new 3ds cl also arrived. First since the game boy advance. Lovely looking machine! Gonna get stuck into fire emblem....

They've been 4.50 long as I've been using them sure.

Was €3.50 and now €3.95 to receive. their site still has it at that. €4.50 to send a parcel

Game post international for £2.95.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Game post international for £2.95.

Yeah but £3 isn't that far from 4.50 euro, and it'll get here faster.

• Advertisement

Yeah but £3 isn't that far from 4.50 euro, and it'll get here faster.

Good point. Never thought of that, ah well, I can wait. I think.
    Hopefully it arrive faster than my copy of twilight princess from gameseek.

Advertisement