Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Parcel Motel only €3.95 - http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was sure it was 4.50. Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Maybe getting mixed up when it was 3.50 before the increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why adapter to play online? Surely New 3ds has full online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Why adapter to play online? Surely New 3ds has full online?
    It's not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Inkle. Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Fire Emblem Fates SE up on the official nintendo store now

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-limited-edition/11264774.html

Changed again! Although I'll wait to cancel my Game order in case Nintendo tells me they can't deliver to parcel motel.

Changed again! Although I'll wait to cancel my Game order in case Nintendo tells me they can't deliver to parcel motel.

I'm doing the same. Cancelling my gamestop order though now that everywhere else is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you cancel your gamestop preorder, do they give you your €20 back? Or will they give it back as store credit?

Mr E wrote: »
    If you cancel your gamestop preorder, do they give you your €20 back? Or will they give it back as store credit?

Store credit I think, although I'm not sure how that works. I think you might get the cash if you argued it?

Speaking of which, if anyone is desperate for a pre order, I have my gamestop one I'll give to anyone for the value of the deposit (€20) before I go and cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Store credit I think, although I'm not sure how that works. I think you might get the cash if you argued it?

Speaking of which, if anyone is desperate for a pre order, I have my gamestop one I'll give to anyone for the value of the deposit (€20) before I go and cancel it.

Told me that it was my cash and I could get it back. I told them I was only using them as a placeholder and wold likely cancel it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Told me that it was my cash and I could get it back. I told them I was only using them as a placeholder and wold likely cancel it.

Oh ok. Well I'll only be putting it onto a different pre order so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Mr E wrote: »

It's cash refund if cancelled before they get the game, credit if you cancel after the release date or decide you don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So this CE of fire end is it 3 games in the box ?. Or just 2 with DLC for the 3rd ?. Also are both games basicly like pokemon x and y or are they total different games ?.

So this CE of fire end is it 3 games in the box ?. Or just 2 with DLC for the 3rd ?. Also are both games basicly like pokemon x and y or are they total different games ?.

It's 3 games on the one cart. It seems that they are very different games with distinct stories and difficulty curves.

Birthright is meant to be similar gameplay wise to awakening whereas conquest is a bit tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the Ace Attorney anime has started in Japan, for any fans. Haven't watched yet, but from the clip I saw it looks like it's following the cases from the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see the Ace Attorney anime has started in Japan, for any fans. Haven't watched yet, but from the clip I saw it looks like it's following the cases from the games.

yeah, it's on cruncyroll seemingly they subtitle the anime for western audiences 2 hours after it airs in japan, i seen the first episode that aired yesterday it was the same as the first case of AA1 seemingly they are gonna do the first two games so far with 26 episodes due, hopefully they do T & T aswell! there are some parts that are a bit odd tho like when someone points at someone in the courtroom they fly backwards like a dragonball z move or something. But overall it seems to be very faithfull to the game, even includeing some remixed music from the game. they teased the next case, turnabout sisters, it looks amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of course you'd be here to promote your own show. :)

Must check it out. Though I've actually only played the first game so may just watch until that last case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Of course you'd be here to promote your own show. :)

Must check it out. Though I've actually only played the first game so may just watch until that last case

Of course :D If you or anyone else is intrested in watching it, you can here for free
    https://kissanime.to/Anime/Gyakuten-Saiban-Sono-Shinjitsu-Igi-Ari/Episode-001?id=124417

im super hyped for AA6 aswell just waiting on an international release date. Hopefully soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Best to ask here I suppose.

Getting back into my DS as of late. Is there any super hidden gems I should be looking out for? Love platformers and the usual interesting puzzle games, not mad into rpg's but I like to give them a go if they are not total time sinks. MetalJesus and the likes have some great guides, but I'm think of games even he wouldn't think of.

Games I picked up over the past couple weeks are:

Chrono Trigger
    Combat of Giants, Dragons
    Orcs & Elves
    Children of Mana
    Might & magic (loved this year's ago when I had it on DS, sold it, and took me this long to find it again at a decent price)
    Bomberman story
    DQ joker 1 & 2
    Golden sun
    Henry hatsworth
    Sonic rush
    Kirby mass attack

No bad to restart me gems collection I think

So anything I should really keep an eye out that you loved that maybe no one knows about?

Guys, does 3ds still saves games on cartridge itself or it goes in to SD card?

I am thinking of trading in my 3ds new, for 3ds xl new, but I got about 25h of monster hunter progress I dont want to lose.

Would be the option to take out SD card when trading in and use it on new handheld? Or system transfer is the only way?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gimme a minute, I'll see what happens with my MH4 cart.

LoZ : Link Between Worlds stays with the Cart.

MH4 stays with the cart, but if you transfer your SD data (ie move the MH4 data from the console-specific folder structure of your existing console to a new one) you'll get a corrupt data warning, it'll wipe it. So that's all your DLC, and possibly the one-per-account material packs?

If I get time later I'll see if you can transfer the MH3 save from Wii U to a download copy of MH3 on another console...

Most places will let you do a data transfer from one 3DS to another, either in situ or by paying full price for the XL, then bringing your n3DS in the next day to claim the trade in price as a rebate.

Not sure what happens in the System Transfer, but there's more to it than just moving your SD across, and there's more to it than having your NNID re-assigned to another console too.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I am thinking of trading in my 3ds new, for 3ds xl new, but I got about 25h of monster hunter progress I dont want to lose.

Would be the option to take out SD card when trading in and use it on new handheld? Or system transfer is the only way?

It depends on the game. Most are to the cartridge. Monster Hunter saves to the cartridge I think.

For any data on the SD card, i.e. DLC, digital games and stuff like streetpasses, system transfer is the only way to get it to work. When I traded in a 3DS before, I kept the old one, did the system transfer and then gave the old one over to the shop.

Thanks lads.

I was in town so went to gamestop and cex.

So cex:

3ds new: 122 store credit and 100 cash
    Ps vita: 100 store credit and 86 cash

Gamestop:

3ds new: 100 credit
    Ps vita: 80 credit

I am surprised ps vita still gets so much trade in value, but 3ds new is a bit bad.

Unfortunately the only one 3ds new xl they got in cex is manky. So store credit falls through. 180eu cash I can get for all though. Maybe trade in and go get it in smyths. It would be 250eu with pokemon game. So extra 70eu.

I love my 3ds, but I did a mistake by taking normal one, my hands are too big. It gets uncomfortable after playing it for a while. That's the only reason of trade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sell your 3ds to cex

Then go on to amazon France or de buy a 3ds xl there one of there warehouse deals for about 160 or 170 cheapest way to do it.

I was lucky I got my new 3ds xl for 125 of amazon marketplace de. Box has a few marks but the console way cheaper.

A good few here have bought one from there thanks to me telling them it's the cheapest place to go

Sell your 3ds to cex

Then go on to amazon France or de buy a 3ds xl there one of there warehouse deals for about 160 or 170 cheapest way to do it.

I was lucky I got my new 3ds xl for 125 of amazon marketplace de. Box has a few marks but the console way cheaper.

A good few here have bought one from there thanks to me telling them it's the cheapest place to go

any links to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Better to be safe than sorry! I'd recommend doing a system transfer, as it'll ensure everything is copied across. What I did with mine was pop out the SD card, do the system transfer, then pop the SD card in the new one. Less to transfer that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Everything is the same with all 3 releases up till chapter 6 and then you go the route of the game you bought, if you have the digital version though you get to pick which route you want to take and then the other route is locked till you pay for it.

The Nohr route was designed for fans of the Fire Emblem series before Awakening. The difficulty is brutal, with varied objectives and no opportunities to grind between chapters. The types of units you'll have control of will also be more familiar to fans of past games (knights, cavaliers, wyvern riders, etc).

The Hoshido route was designed for fans of the previous title, Fire Emblem: Awakening. In this route, you choose to side with the nation of Hoshido in defense against the invasion of Nohr. The difficulty is generally easier than the other routes (Although note that the Normal, Hard, and Lunatic difficulty settings from previous titles have been retained, along with Awakening's casual mode, and can be chosen regardless of your chosen path). If you find yourself having trouble, you can always earn experience and gold by participating in skirmishes between chapters, just like in Awakening. Birthright also boasts an army comprised of new Japan-inspired unit types never-before seen in the Fire Emblem franchise, such as Ninjas and Samurai.

The DLC is like Bravely Default when you just revisit the same areas from the two routes with very little new content, but the story is meant to be solid.

Advertisement